collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 birds total  (Read 6504 times)

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: 4 birds total
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »
Turkey Slayer,

Hope to see you over in the NE this weekend.  Would like to see if we can notch another longbeard with your Zink "Crystal Power Hen" Call!!   
"When a wild turkey vanishes, after seeing a man, depend on it, bank on it, he's gone." - Archibald Rutledge

Shine Box Turkey Calls Pro Staff

Offline yelp

• Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 02:12:31 PM »
nice birds turkey slayer.. :)
Wild Turkey, Walleyes, Whitetails and Wapiti..These are a few of my favorite things!!

Born to Yelp!
Short Hike Guide Service - Owner

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »
Great birds, but you guys need to cheer up. GEEZ!!!!  :chuckle:  :chuckle:   It's ok to smile in your pics you know.  ;)

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline turkey slayer

• Sourdough
Re: 4 birds and 1 more last night
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 10:17:48 AM »
Number 5 last night. My buddy called Saturday night to see if I would take a friend of his out turkey hunting on Sunday with a bow.

I got up at 1:15am out the door at 1:30am into Bridgeport by 2:15 to pick up my buddy and on to Wilbur to pick his friend up at 3:30. Left Wilbur and got to a state peace by 4:20am.

Got the Double Bull blind set up in the field and started calling and the birds started gobbling but they were real shy. 5:40 one tom flew down with 4 hens. The tom Strutted to our decoys and the arrow flew and a miss at 15 or so yard. The tom strutted over to his hens a walked back up the hill.

Well long story short we set up on a few more birds but just couldn't get them into bow range.

Late afternoon comes ( after our nap  :) and I herd a gobble about 200 yard away down in a creek bottom that flow into the field that we were set up on. 1 1/2 later he and his girlfriends came into tne field. I did some lite calling and here he came with his friends. The hunter slung the arrow and the bird went down at 31 yard. The Tom had a 7 1/4 inch beard with 1/2 inch spurs.Just to tell you guys that is the same Tom that he missed in the morning.

Back to Waterville at 11:25pm. What a day

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 10:28:54 AM »
whack em and stack em!!! Sounds like a good year!

Offline tlbradford

• Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »
Nice job, is that a primos power crystal call sitting next to your Tom.  I just started hunting turkeys and I got that call and am having a heck of a time using it.  But it looks like if I can figure it out it will work well.

Don't be scared to remove a lot of material off of that crystal call.  That little primos tool that slayer mentioned is great for conditioning your calls.  Also make sure your striker is clean and dry.

Nice job on all the birds Slayer.  :tup:
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2009, 11:38:00 AM »
Congrats on getting number five for your bow hunter friend.  :whoo:  We are finding first hand that bow hunting turkeys can be quite the challange!!  But our quest for longbeards continues!!  It ain't over til it's over!! 
"When a wild turkey vanishes, after seeing a man, depend on it, bank on it, he's gone." - Archibald Rutledge

Shine Box Turkey Calls Pro Staff

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal