collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 21-23 comment link is up  (Read 11688 times)

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
Re: 21-23 comment link is up
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2021, 01:56:01 PM »
Alkali moving to quality permits from bull, is terrible. 

The unit is very restricted and archery hunters have to wear orange...now how is that a quality experience?

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2021, 02:00:11 PM »
Prob get flamed for this, but I fricken love the special permit change!!!!!!  Return your permit for any reason and get your points back, and then the next guy in line gets that permit!!  Bout time!! I know, I know, now my odds will go down.... blah blah, my odds suck either way! Now I can put in for all categories and not worry about losing points on my quality and bull categories!!  Love it!

Two weeks prior to is ridiculous..

You should have to return it within two weeks of getting it. Why hold onto it for two months then decide at the last minute you don't want it. I get the natural disaster scenario, fires and such. But now people will get to scout all summer and if they don't like what they see they can send the permit back no questions asked. Will the next guy in line have right of refusal. How many people will they have to call before they can unload the tags. You notify me two weeks before a season is going to start that I have a tag I've probably already made other plans.

I like the concept, I don't like the execution.
that 2 week deadline before the hunt starts is stupid, I agree it should be two weeks after the draw results, heck, even 4 weeks.  But I bet most people will be pretty happy getting a phone call out of the blue saying they were receiving the permit.
I didn't pay close attention to that section, did it say that the receiver of the hand me down permit would lose their points?

I don't think it said but it can be assumed yes, because you have now "drawn" a permit.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2021, 02:02:20 PM »
Prob get flamed for this, but I fricken love the special permit change!!!!!!  Return your permit for any reason and get your points back, and then the next guy in line gets that permit!!  Bout time!! I know, I know, now my odds will go down.... blah blah, my odds suck either way! Now I can put in for all categories and not worry about losing points on my quality and bull categories!!  Love it!

You should have to return it within two weeks of getting it. Why hold onto it for two months then decide at the last minute you don't want it. I get the natural disaster scenario, fires and such. But now people will get to scout all summer and if they don't like what they see they can send the permit back no questions asked. Will the next guy in line have right of refusal. How many people will they have to call before they can unload the tags. You notify me two weeks before a season is going to start that I have a tag I've probably already made other plans.

that 2 week deadline before the hunt starts is stupid, I agree it should be two weeks after the draw results, heck, even 4 weeks.  But I bet most people will be pretty happy getting a phone call out of the blue saying they were receiving the permit.
I didn't pay close attention to that section, did it say that the receiver of the hand me down permit would lose their points?

I don't think it said but it can be assumed yes, because you have now "drawn" a permit.
I am more ok with it in that case, but still dont like it.  :chuckle:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2021, 02:06:33 PM »

I don’t recall them saying, I would hope so. But if they didn’t want it because they already were committed to another permit, I’d hope that 2 week limit wouldn’t apply and they get to keep their points.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2021, 02:07:49 PM »
With that new permit return possible change, I’d like to see them increase the number of choices in the quality to 4
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline JoeVon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2021, 02:15:03 PM »
It really sucks to see them taking the portion of the Norway Pass Elk Area and placing it into the Loowit.   It will completely eliminate bear, deer, cougar and grouse hunting in this area.  They are citing enforcement issues as the reason why,  but I think they are trying to keep hunter/hiker interactions down.  If you guys have a chance make sure you let them know that you strongly disagree with their proposal.

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2021, 02:27:40 PM »
It really sucks to see them taking the portion of the Norway Pass Elk Area and placing it into the Loowit.   It will completely eliminate bear, deer, cougar and grouse hunting in this area.  They are citing enforcement issues as the reason why,  but I think they are trying to keep hunter/hiker interactions down.  If you guys have a chance make sure you let them know that you strongly disagree with their proposal.
I noticed that and commented that if they do that they need to add permits to loowit to keep opportunity the same

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2021, 02:28:10 PM »
Interesting that they have the percentage of people that were for the proposals.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline JoeVon

• Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2021, 02:49:57 PM »
I noticed that and commented that if they do that they need to add permits to loowit to keep opportunity the same

I appreciate that but allowing permits is just going to make them more money and reduce hunting opportunities.

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2021, 03:00:58 PM »
Am I reading this right that 3 turkeys can be killed in spring in Spokane County? So I could kill one in Kittias, one in Chelan and one in Spokane counties?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:36:45 PM by cougforester »

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2021, 03:45:26 PM »
Am I reading this right that 3 turkeys can be killed in spring in Spokane County? So I could kill one in Kittias, one in Chelan and one in Spokane counties?

I didn't see that proposal at all but yes in the beginning they were allowing a bag limit to 3 in Spokane area and also upping to 2 in Chelan.  I don't know if they would allow it the way you put it.

Russell McDonald

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2021, 03:52:50 PM »
People complain about the lack of quality mature bucks, but more people didn't like antler restrictions, so there solution is to cut the season. What a joke.

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2021, 04:08:32 PM »

I didn't see that proposal at all but yes in the beginning they were allowing a bag limit to 3 in Spokane area and also upping to 2 in Chelan.  I don't know if they would allow it the way you put it.

How come? 2 birds were shot in eastern WA and a 3rd was shot in Spokane? Maybe it wouldn't be allowed for how they meant it but I don't see how what I spelled out wouldn't work with the current language.

Offline hunterednate

• Scout
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2021, 04:23:36 PM »

Yes, that is garbage. I disagreed with that and commented. Asking others here to do the same, please! It's under the "Elk" category, but would eliminate all other hunting in 5066 Norway Pass. Super lame. I bet hiker conflicts are to blame, too.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Old Salt
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2021, 05:24:30 PM »

How come? 2 birds were shot in eastern WA and a 3rd was shot in Spokane? Maybe it wouldn't be allowed for how they meant it but I don't see how what I spelled out wouldn't work with the current language.
I guess it would depend on the game warden.  As it is written ine bird only east Cascades included Klickitat.  If you get one in Klickitat you would only be allowed one bird out in the NE or the SE.  It will be interesting but I no longer see the increases in these proposals.  In the last set before this one I did.  I went back a couple times to look unless it is jammed up with other proposals.

Russell McDonald

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]