collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 21-23 comment link is up  (Read 11691 times)

Offline cougforester

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: DU, RMEF
Re: 21-23 comment link is up
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »
Russ I think it was under the small game section with all the grouse stuff. I was skimming through it and just caught this on accident.

And I was saying Kittitas County, i.e. Cle Elum. Not Glenwood area.

I mean I guess I could see how this is trying to say only 2 birds in eastern WA can be killed, but 3 can be in Spokane. But then if we kill 2 anywhere else in eastern WA, then we can't shoot another in Spokane county? If we want to shoot 3 then all 3 birds have to come out of Spokane county?

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »
Russ I think it was under the small game section with all the grouse stuff. I was skimming through it and just caught this on accident.

And I was saying Kittitas County, i.e. Cle Elum. Not Glenwood area.

I mean I guess I could see how this is trying to say only 2 birds in eastern WA can be killed, but 3 can be in Spokane. But then if we kill 2 anywhere else in eastern WA, then we can't shoot another in Spokane county? If we want to shoot 3 then all 3 birds have to come out of Spokane county?
Exactly.  Stupid.  Wish it was just easy and simple.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2021, 06:58:46 PM »
End night hunting for all species...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2021, 07:04:40 PM »
End night hunting for all species...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's just during big game modern season. October and November.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2021, 10:52:54 PM »
People complain about the lack of quality mature bucks, but more people didn't like antler restrictions, so there solution is to cut the season. What a joke.
64% of people was in favor of some kind of APR
36% Want no change at all
100% of people don't want a shorter season.
Which they recommend to Shorten the season.
Ya it's a joke is where I would start.
Then like a lot of questions it's lumped with reduced antlerless tags in 124 GMU ,There is no antlerless harvest in district 1 so how those proposal got put together is stupid.

We will lose 5 days off the late season this season.
6 days off 2022 season for district 1
65 older /disabled will lose antlerless hunts in 124 all together.
Youth loses antlerless late season.
I'm gonna ask all  of you to disagree
At the very least comment no to shorter season in district 1.

https://wdfw.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2021-02/ots-28693.pdf
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 04:54:25 AM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2021, 09:05:20 AM »
With that new permit return possible change, I’d like to see them increase the number of choices in the quality to 4

And we could get a call second week in November for a bull elk permit or a quality buck permit.  :dunno:   :IBCOOL:  Keep the dream alive. 

Going thru and adding a few comments.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline fireweed

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »
It really sucks to see them taking the portion of the Norway Pass Elk Area and placing it into the Loowit.   It will completely eliminate bear, deer, cougar and grouse hunting in this area.  They are citing enforcement issues as the reason why,  but I think they are trying to keep hunter/hiker interactions down.  If you guys have a chance make sure you let them know that you strongly disagree with their proposal.

Yes, that is garbage. I disagreed with that and commented. Asking others here to do the same, please! It's under the "Elk" category, but would eliminate all other hunting in 5066 Norway Pass. Super lame. I bet hiker conflicts are to blame, too.
I smell the influence of the Forest Service wanting the Monument to be closed to hunting like a national park.  There are lots of places with way more hikers than this.  Went through the whole trail east to west last fall.  Trail in awful shape, with very little evidence that it gets much hiker use (Boundary) but did run into a bear hunter. If less hunting is agreed on, over time, they have a better argument to make Mt st helens a park.  The WDFW already gave up hunting on the hills above Coldwater (2000 acres) cowtowing to the USFS.  They also are feckless when it comes to fishing Spirit Lake.  Hunting and fishing here, BY LAW, is managed by the WDFW not the USFS.  But the scientists in charge hate it and push to close everything to hunters.

Offline hunterednate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2021, 11:43:56 AM »
It really sucks to see them taking the portion of the Norway Pass Elk Area and placing it into the Loowit.   It will completely eliminate bear, deer, cougar and grouse hunting in this area.  They are citing enforcement issues as the reason why,  but I think they are trying to keep hunter/hiker interactions down.  If you guys have a chance make sure you let them know that you strongly disagree with their proposal.

Yes, that is garbage. I disagreed with that and commented. Asking others here to do the same, please! It's under the "Elk" category, but would eliminate all other hunting in 5066 Norway Pass. Super lame. I bet hiker conflicts are to blame, too.
I smell the influence of the Forest Service wanting the Monument to be closed to hunting like a national park.  There are lots of places with way more hikers than this.  Went through the whole trail east to west last fall.  Trail in awful shape, with very little evidence that it gets much hiker use (Boundary) but did run into a bear hunter. If less hunting is agreed on, over time, they have a better argument to make Mt st helens a park.  The WDFW already gave up hunting on the hills above Coldwater (2000 acres) cowtowing to the USFS.  They also are feckless when it comes to fishing Spirit Lake.  Hunting and fishing here, BY LAW, is managed by the WDFW not the USFS.  But the scientists in charge hate it and push to close everything to hunters.

I think you're on to something here.

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2021, 07:53:12 PM »
Which takes precedent for decisions in todays society?  Biological or social need.   Does it balance?  :dunno:

2021-23 Hunting Season Rules - Adoption by the WDFW Commission  - March/April 2021

The recommendations will be presented for consideration by the Fish and Wildlife Commission in March and with potential adoption in April 2021. These recommendations will be based on the biological needs of a species and the social need of the public gathered through the comment period.
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]