collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: From Behind  (Read 246912 times)

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
Re: From Behind
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2007, 02:12:37 AM »

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2007, 08:17:52 AM »
« Reply #48 on: Today at 02:12:37 AM

bone...go to bed!!
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2007, 08:22:35 AM »
A moderator never sleeps.  About 5 tonight maybe if I am lucky.  I work until 3 then have to water the birds.  Another 36 hour one.  Someone has to support the war effort...financially that is.

Offline jstamp

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2007, 07:16:40 PM »
Awesome pics guys, I wish I lived in mule deer country. I can't afford the gas to drive over and scout. I'm stuck looking at blacktails and elk all year.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2007, 02:31:05 PM »
How about one of these?

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2007, 06:27:54 PM »
Another from Bones favorite position
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 09:12:25 AM »
I don't think he is being casual or dignified with his departure.  Looks like the afterburneres are about to kcik in.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 12:17:31 PM »
He didnt go too far Bone, he had ladies with him ;)

You know whats funny, this guy was on my friends property and when we drove past him we came upon a truck and trailer pulled off to the side of the dirt road so I pulled over to talk to them. The trailer and truck had Washington plates and when I went up to the guy he pretended he wasnt watching this buck, which was a 7X5 by the way. They were sitting just over the property line on a 1 mile square block of BLM land and obviously were hoping the buck would cross over so they could drop him. I got my map out, playing dumb, :rolleyes: and asked them if they knew were we were and asked him to point out on the map, he wasnt even close to getting it right but I didnt say anything. I then turned my Excursion around and drove the 1/4 mile back to the buck and his does and grabbed the camera and got out. I walked right up to the deer, about 50 yards and started snapping picks, making sure that I pushed them the other direction, away from those two guys. I'm sure they were not too happy but oh well :chuckle: IT was a guy from Washington and his dad, who actually lives in Montana. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on this site. If you are on here and reading this, this is the buck you were looking at all morning, I know you remember my blue Excursion.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 01:41:03 PM »
He didnt go too far Bone, he had ladies with him ;)

You know whats funny, this guy was on my friends property and when we drove past him we came upon a truck and trailer pulled off to the side of the dirt road so I pulled over to talk to them. The trailer and truck had Washington plates and when I went up to the guy he pretended he wasnt watching this buck, which was a 7X5 by the way. They were sitting just over the property line on a 1 mile square block of BLM land and obviously were hoping the buck would cross over so they could drop him. I got my map out, playing dumb, :rolleyes: and asked them if they knew were we were and asked him to point out on the map, he wasnt even close to getting it right but I didnt say anything. I then turned my Excursion around and drove the 1/4 mile back to the buck and his does and grabbed the camera and got out. I walked right up to the deer, about 50 yards and started snapping picks, making sure that I pushed them the other direction, away from those two guys. I'm sure they were not too happy but oh well :chuckle: IT was a guy from Washington and his dad, who actually lives in Montana. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on this site. If you are on here and reading this, this is the buck you were looking at all morning, I know you remember my blue Excursion.

:chuckle:
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2007, 12:55:10 PM »
I came accross this photo today and I immediately thought of Bone's "From Behind" thread.  Thought I would add one I thought was decent with two bucks in the background.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »
GREAT PICTURE Shawn!   Whats this...I come here expecting to see tail and there are three buck pics facing me...don't be hijacking my thread huntnphool.  :)  The last one makes up for it though.  I got a couple more to add from yesterday....not nearly as big as these boys.

Offline Ray

• Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2007, 02:35:29 PM »
Butt shots  :ass:

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »
so far i havent seen a shot that i wouldnt take. I have taken a couple ass shots before and have dropped them. its amazing how a ballistic tip to the "A" hole will just fold over a several hundred pound animal. it does terrible things to the insides and you have to hurry up and gut them quickly and rinse out as much as the bad stuff as you can. BUT....And i do say butt :) those all if i had seen them during hunting season and had been the only shot i had. I WOULD TAKE IT.....nice pictures man. nice pictures indeed. .....

havent hunted alot of mule deer but everytime a see a good loocking mule deer i think about going the following year.......

maybe i will go scouting for them this comming year...........

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2007, 03:07:10 PM »
Everytime I see this topic resurface I say to myself should I open it or move by very quickly.  I guess the topic "From Behind" scares me a little coming from guys!  :chuckle:

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »
now michelle that is funny ROFL :chuckle: :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]