collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Deep Creek Rayonier permit  (Read 2613 times)

Offline NrthwstHuntr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Deep Creek Rayonier permit
« on: May 14, 2021, 06:55:16 PM »
This is my first post longtime lurker.

I lost my longtime deer hunting area. I did a bit of hunting around the wynoochee/satsop area last year but seems to be hard to get a drive in permit in that area.

Anyways my dad is turning 70 this year and he’s had a hobble since last season and not able to walk that far. So I’m interested in the Rayonier permit as a possible limited access area but I don’t know much about it. I have camped in that area but I’ve never been on the ground myself.

I’ve shot plenty of nice blacktails over the years so not looking for any trophies just decent access with a vehicle that isn’t overrun with people.

Offline paguy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Hunter
Re: Deep Creek Rayonier permit
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:51:59 AM »
Save your money.

Offline NrthwstHuntr

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 07:10:25 PM »
Thanks. I’ll keep digging.

Online JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 09:06:52 PM »
Is the portion of 112 to the entrance open now?  Or open by deer season?  They had a few slides and the road was closed.  I heard WSDOT was supposed to start rebuilding, but who knows how long it would take.

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 10:01:03 PM »
Are you mainly looking for BT areas for your (somewhat feeble) father, or for yourself?  Can your father shoot anything other than a rifle?

If he has a bit of a handicap, and you are only looking for BT, you might think about the islands.  Find some land owners on Hartstene, etc.  It will take a bit of work on your part, of course.

In my experience land owners are more amenable to the story of the old man who can't get around easily.  They won't have much sympathy for you of course.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 10:03:04 PM »
Another thing to consider is this: Most of the hunt able former Pope land in JeffCo and Kitsap was sold to Rayonier last year.  Those lands will have limited (and spendy??) access tags, going on sale in late June.  Those properties used to have unlimited hunters, but that will change this year.

Buy an access permit this year with your father.  Much closer to Belfair than Deep Creek.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline NrthwstHuntr

• Pilgrim
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »
We’ll be hunting together.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll check on the other Rayonier permits. I didn’t see them listed.

Online bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 12:18:56 PM »
Another thing to consider is this: Most of the hunt able former Pope land in JeffCo and Kitsap was sold to Rayonier last year.  Those lands will have limited (and spendy??) access tags, going on sale in late June.  Those properties used to have unlimited hunters, but that will change this year.

Buy an access permit this year with your father.  Much closer to Belfair than Deep Creek.

I don't see this area listed specifically on the Rayonier site.  Is this land accessible with one of the "General" permits?

Online JimmyHoffa

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »

I don't see this area listed specifically on the Rayonier site.  Is this land accessible with one of the "General" permits?
I saw it on the map for the western wa generals (single and family).

Online bigdub257

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF;Ducks Unlimited
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 02:43:58 PM »

I saw it on the map for the western wa generals (single and family).

Thanks.  After I dug a little deeper I kind of figured that out. Never applied for any of these permits so I was a little confused at first glance. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]