collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: IDAHO Controlled hunt deadline June 5...Tomorrow  (Read 31890 times)

Offline jjhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Aim small. Miss small.
Re: IDAHO Controlled hunt deadline June 5...Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2021, 09:26:49 AM »
Tough to swallow the app/license expense as a NR, now.  I have a guaranteed tag and it still stings!

Offline hard hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2021, 01:05:59 AM »

Could be really interesting...I still have not received an answer from the BIA about the legality of this fee (2 emails and multiple weeks waiting).  I have also heard that some of the state prosecutors think this is illegal and will not be prosecuting.  If it is not legal will I get my money back from the tribe?
[/quote]

Just to clarify my question for the BIA and what I am talking about is the "free land" owned by non-tribal members that is on the reservation. 

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 07:48:21 AM »
And remember...If you hunt (or fish) unit 5 (CDA tribe reservation) there is a new $600 use fee for folks under 55 y/o who don't live on the reservation. This pertains to Idaho Residents as well.
Would this be a good example for turn about is fair play? Say a $600.00 usage fee for their "ceremonial hunts" on non tribal lands! Sure sounds fair to me. Instead of allowing out of season taking trophy game for "ceremonial" purposes
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline HillHound

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2021, 08:22:50 AM »
Well the CDA tribe obviously thought it was an excellent  idea since they implemented it on us so I don’t see any reason why Idaho fish and game should not turn around and charge them the same fee for hunting off reservation. What a great idea CDA tribe! Idaho will make a boat load for game management charging all tribal members $600 fees to hunt off reservation when out of season

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2021, 09:40:24 AM »

Just to clarify my question for the BIA and what I am talking about is the "free land" owned by non-tribal members that is on the reservation.

There is no "free land" on reservations. Ceded lands are ceded lands, so the tribe could technically come take them from a non tribal person at any time. Usually, the deed states that you're leasing the ground for a term, but non tribal members can never truly own ceded lands. Again, the state has no jurisdiction on ceded land and you would end up in tribal court, so we all know how that would end.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline meatwhack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »
I wonder what would happen if you just didn’t show up to tribal court.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2021, 03:18:12 PM »
I wonder what would happen if you just didn’t show up to tribal court.
:yeah:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2021, 05:26:40 PM »

There is no "free land" on reservations. Ceded lands are ceded lands, so the tribe could technically come take them from a non tribal person at any time. Usually, the deed states that you're leasing the ground for a term, but non tribal members can never truly own ceded lands. Again, the state has no jurisdiction on ceded land and you would end up in tribal court, so we all know how that would end.
The Couer D’Alene and Nez Perce both have sold off significant portions of their land, it is no longer part of the reservation, if it were only in long term leases you wouldn’t see the ownership info on onX which bases their land ownership maps on county records

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nape6.5

• Tracker
    • Andrew Napier
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 10:00:52 AM »
If you draw a controlled hunt in idaho how long do they give you to purchase??

Offline 2MANY

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »
Where is Idaho?

Offline Nape6.5

• Tracker
    • Andrew Napier
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2021, 10:04:52 AM »
If you draw a controlled hunt in idaho how long do they give you to purchase??
Aug 1

thanks  :tup:

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2021, 10:07:18 AM »

Not true at all.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 08:46:42 PM »

The Couer D’Alene and Nez Perce both have sold off significant portions of their land, it is no longer part of the reservation, if it were only in long term leases you wouldn’t see the ownership info on onX which bases their land ownership maps on county records

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would have to get approval from the Feds and BIA to do so. That is the only way coded lands can be sold based on my understanding of the laws.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2021, 08:50:13 PM »

Not true at all.

What part is not true? There are steps that have to be taken on a federal level to sell ceded lands. They essentially have to get permission on a federal level to remove the property from being ceded lands.

Offline hard hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 12:25:26 AM »
Parts of the reservation were sold by the federal government as part of the Dawes Severalty Act.  The tribe is and has been trying to buy the land back.  In 2012 less than 10% of the reservation lands were held in individual or tribal trust (according to Native-Americans.com).

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal