collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Quality elk tags check in here!  (Read 25567 times)

Offline NW Stompin grounds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
    • NW stompin grounds
  • Groups: Hunt Washington state, roosevelt elk, elk addict
Re: Quality elk tags check in here!
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2021, 08:07:11 PM »
Drew the whiteriver archery elk tag. Have a few areas pinned, gonna head up this weekend to set some cams. Can't wait!

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2021, 08:38:05 PM »
If anyone drew colokum , observatory  or taneum an needs direction let me know. Big bulls in all units.20 plus years waiting for a permit an no go for us so im here to help you succeed.  We call in big bulls every year. But unfortunately never have the tag t fill. Good luck everyone

Offline Farmer72

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2021, 09:09:44 PM »
If anyone drew colokum , observatory  or taneum an needs direction let me know. Big bulls in all units.20 plus years waiting for a permit an no go for us so im here to help you succeed.  We call in big bulls every year. But unfortunately never have the tag t fill. Good luck everyone

I have gotten some info and offers already but I would not turn down more info for my Colockum Archery tag.

Offline Bogiedog!

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2021, 07:07:36 AM »

I can use all the help I can get!  Drew a Colockum Quality Bull tag.  Never hunted the area before, but we just moved to Ellensburg a year ago, so I tossed in for the tag and pulled it.  Time to start driving the roads, but anything you are willing to share will be most helpful.  I will PM my cell phone number to you as well. 
Mike

Offline Igottanewknee

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2021, 07:17:09 AM »
Awesome! That's what this forum is all about.  Great offer Jason.

Offline Captaintryhard

• Pilgrim
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2021, 09:02:22 AM »
I drew the Quality rifle tag in the Toutle. I saw the Weyerhauser permits are already completely sold out for that area. Does anybody have any advice on hunting the public portion in the north in November? It looks like all logging roads and cuts is there anywhere I can still hunt?

I'm also in a bit of a dilemma. I drew my antlerless tag as well in the 572. That is the unit I usually hunt and I'm confident I can get into some cows.

All I care about is hopefully getting my first elk this year and having my dad be there with me. I think it would mean more if it was a bull but am worried without the Weyerhauser pass the Quality tag might not give me a good chance. I would love some thoughts.

Thanks all!

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2021, 09:26:59 AM »
I drew the Quality rifle tag in the Toutle. I saw the Weyerhauser permits are already completely sold out for that area. Does anybody have any advice on hunting the public portion in the north in November? It looks like all logging roads and cuts is there anywhere I can still hunt?

I'm also in a bit of a dilemma. I drew my antlerless tag as well in the 572. That is the unit I usually hunt and I'm confident I can get into some cows.

All I care about is hopefully getting my first elk this year and having my dad be there with me. I think it would mean more if it was a bull but am worried without the Weyerhauser pass the Quality tag might not give me a good chance. I would love some thoughts.

Thanks all!
Congrats on the draw! Interesting situation with the 2 tags. I'd have to think real hard about keeping both as rare as even cow tags are these days.

The Weyco permit would be my preference for sure. The state land has elk, they might just be a bit fewer and tougher to find. In my experience there is more still-huntable timber on the state land than the tree farm, for what that's worth.
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline jason stevens

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
Pms awnsered. Love to help

Offline Bone collector 13

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »
Cowiche archery tag here  :tup:

Offline Farmer72

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Scout
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2021, 08:12:44 PM »

Thanks all!

There is also public land in the bottom of the Toutle since they took part of the Yale unit away and put it in the Toutle.

Offline Bangflop

• Tracker
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2021, 08:05:18 AM »
Drew Matheny
Dad drew Green river. 

Offline Dr.Wise

• Pilgrim
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2021, 08:08:52 AM »
Mountain View: Archery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! Do you know any of the rules regarding the 4-0 ranch in the Mountain View unit. My father drew the Mountain View muzzleloader tag.

Offline JustinC

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
    • https://www.facebook.com/CrossleyJustin
    • Rokslide
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2021, 09:54:14 AM »
If anyone on here had any of the Tucannon or East Wenaha tags in the last couple of years I would like to ask you a few questions.

Thank you
Assistant Editor at Rokslide

Offline Captaintryhard

• Pilgrim
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2021, 02:58:33 PM »

There is also public land in the bottom of the Toutle since they took part of the Yale unit away and put it in the Toutle.
[/quote]

I saw that on the maps but it looked land locked by gates and private property. Do you know the best way to access that portion? I'm going to get out next weekend and start scouting and will investigate either way. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline SilkOnTheDrySide

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2021, 05:37:13 PM »
Where’s all the Mountain View tag holders!?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal