collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Peninsula quality elk Rifle  (Read 1540 times)

Offline ASienkiewich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Peninsula quality elk Rifle
« on: June 14, 2021, 01:50:23 PM »
Decided to apply for this permit this year because my dad always has, basically for nostalgic reasons from back in his younger days LOL. And what do know I drew it and he didn’t! He has basic knowledge of these units but if anyone has any pointers or tips that would be appreciated. We will be slamming it with some scouting trips soon but there is a lot of area, so we just need to narrow it down!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
Re: Peninsula quality elk Rifle
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:52:54 AM »
Great tag that you could get a big rosie with. Lots of elk and lots of area to look at. River bottoms and park lines are good spots to think about.. Its a short season and right after archery so elk have been pushed hard for two weeks and that makes it tougher.. Basically a 5 day gov tag hunt..

Offline ASienkiewich

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 01:49:25 PM »
Great tag that you could get a big rosie with. Lots of elk and lots of area to look at. River bottoms and park lines are good spots to think about.. Its a short season and right after archery so elk have been pushed hard for two weeks and that makes it tougher.. Basically a 5 day gov tag hunt..
Good to Hear! I’m not new to elk hunting and will be after it hard before and during season so hopefully I can find something good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
When it gets close to your hunt message me and if I am around I could maybe give some help. I know a bit about the elk woods you'll be hunting up here...

Offline Bogiedog!

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 07:13:59 AM »
Great tag!!
Stay away from where anyone else is hunting.... there are some tribal hunters that can foil your plans pretty easy, without even knowing about it.  And there are bear hunters in the area at that time as well.
Tracking is more of an option in that area than other places in the state.  Bulls will be with a small group.  They probably won't be talking much, but that can change.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal