collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What do you recommend for a 1/2 ton pickup? ~$25,000  (Read 8966 times)

Online Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
Re: What do you recommend for a 1/2 ton pickup? ~$25,000
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2021, 03:30:25 PM »

I know we will have a hybrid model tundra next year.

The instructor said he got to drive one of the pre production hybrid tundras, he said you definitely will not want a diesel after you drive the hybrid tundra (massive amounts of powers).

A hybrid and not a twin turbo? From the rumors more power than the Ecoboost and better mileage. Will we have to get a 15 year mortgage to afford it?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2021, 06:52:49 PM »

I know we will have a hybrid model tundra next year.

The instructor said he got to drive one of the pre production hybrid tundras, he said you definitely will not want a diesel after you drive the hybrid tundra (massive amounts of powers).

A hybrid and not a twin turbo? From the rumors more power than the Ecoboost and better mileage. Will we have to get a 15 year mortgage to afford it?

The hybrid f150 makes more power than the ecoboost now too. More tow rating too. Hybrids will take over the lead in power.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2021, 06:54:18 PM »
This is just me but I have been holding off this year because of the crazy prices... I just heard a rumor that Ford received  a bunch of the computer chips they were waiting for to ship F150s out.... can't confirm if it's true (Jackelope?) but after the stockpiled trucks start hitting the lots, I'm guessing there are going to be some serious deals and 0% financing offers....
We got a few new trucks and transit vans in this week.  I heard rumor that they’re going to ship trucks without the chips and have us install them after the fact too. Can’t confirm that.

It’s not just trucks either. We’ve got 12-15 Focus and Fiesta’a sitting here with bad transmission control modules waiting for parts that we can’t get.

Saw this on the news last week. Ford is running out of storage space.

Google “Ford Kentucky speedway”

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2021, 07:02:27 PM »
This is just me but I have been holding off this year because of the crazy prices... I just heard a rumor that Ford received  a bunch of the computer chips they were waiting for to ship F150s out.... can't confirm if it's true (Jackelope?) but after the stockpiled trucks start hitting the lots, I'm guessing there are going to be some serious deals and 0% financing offers....
We got a few new trucks and transit vans in this week.  I heard rumor that they’re going to ship trucks without the chips and have us install them after the fact too. Can’t confirm that.

It’s not just trucks either. We’ve got 12-15 Focus and Fiesta’a sitting here with bad transmission control modules waiting for parts that we can’t get.

I would love it if a HUGE wave of trucks came available.......   and I could pick one up at a reasonable price.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline follow maggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • Just me, just being a nomad
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »
Wow!

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2021, 08:45:40 PM »

Ya, read about that a month and a half ago and this is exactly where my speculation of great deals to come is based on.... it's insane

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2021, 10:03:39 PM »
Tundra is the most overrated car on the market, next to Tacoma.
You’re likely to get one with a crappy rusted frame and bed, has or desperately needs suspension upgrade and then you’ve still got 20 year old technology.
2015 F150 has been flawless with 118k.
Ten years driving a Toyota and I would never go back.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2021, 11:28:15 PM »
Tundra is the most overrated car on the market, next to Tacoma.
You’re likely to get one with a crappy rusted frame and bed, has or desperately needs suspension upgrade and then you’ve still got 20 year old technology.
2015 F150 has been flawless with 118k.
Ten years driving a Toyota and I would never go back.

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline thinkingman

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2021, 09:18:16 AM »
i have a 2013 f 150 with the 5.0 its a power house and i havnt had a single problem stay a way from the eco beast no replacement for displacement. a truck shouldn't need a turbo unless its a diesel.   
You sound like you know a lot about trucks.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline carlyoungs

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2021, 09:23:35 AM »
i have a 2013 f 150 with the 5.0 its a power house and i havnt had a single problem stay a way from the eco beast no replacement for displacement. a truck shouldn't need a turbo unless its a diesel.   

Pot meet kettle

Offline thinkingman

• Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2021, 09:27:00 AM »

Pot meet kettle
What would you like to know?

I love this video!
Reminds me when the rear window shook loose on my Tacoma driving in the mountains.
https://youtu.be/p1LO6uxy11I

― Bertrand Russell

Offline thinkingman

• Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2021, 09:30:14 AM »
OP-This is a more educated look at why 'you can't go wrong with a Tundra'.

Toyota fanboys will want to turn down the volume so you can't hear the audience literally laughing at the Tundra.

https://youtu.be/EWjTbiYo3x0
― Bertrand Russell

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »
I bought a used 2007 Toyota tundra with 38k miles on it in 2014. She now has 180k rough miles on her. Been a real piece of garbage for me. List of things I've had to fix or replace on that truck are as follows:

• all 4 rotors at 150k miles

My next truck won't be a tundra due to the fact I can't get a crew and 6.5ft bed. It'll likely be an f150 xlt ecoboost.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline rtspring

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2021, 10:55:07 AM »
I bought a used 2007 Toyota tundra with 38k miles on it in 2014. She now has 180k rough miles on her. Been a real piece of garbage for me. List of things I've had to fix or replace on that truck are as follows:

My next truck won't be a tundra due to the fact I can't get a crew and 6.5ft bed. It'll likely be an f150 xlt ecoboost.

Bout time you join the Ford family. 
I kill elk and eat elk, when I'm not, I'm thinking about killing elk and eating elk.

It doesn't matter what you think...

The Whiners suck!!

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2021, 12:02:29 PM »

Bout time you join the Ford family.
ha! I had two fords prior to the tundra. Both 7.3's. Great trucks. Id be getting another tundra but like I said, gotta have the crew cab and a 6.5ft bed and they don't offer it. Their crew max is so over the top huge. Chop a foot out of that cab and put it into a longer bed for God's sakes.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw