collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: What do you recommend for a 1/2 ton pickup? ~$25,000  (Read 8964 times)

Offline thinkingman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sourdough
Re: What do you recommend for a 1/2 ton pickup? ~$25,000
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2021, 12:04:49 PM »
I bought a used 2007 Toyota tundra with 38k miles on it in 2014. She now has 180k rough miles on her. Been a real piece of garbage for me. List of things I've had to fix or replace on that truck are as follows:

• all 4 rotors at 150k miles

My next truck won't be a tundra due to the fact I can't get a crew and 6.5ft bed. It'll likely be an f150 xlt ecoboost.

Good for you.
It's all how you use it.
My 2006 Tacoma was completely outclassed by basic hunting and fishing needs.
Needed massive upgrades to simply be competent.
Based on the videos I posted, I would not want to drive a Tundra on the washboard or basalt roads I use for hunting and fishing, especially after 100k miles on it.
BTW, I have a 6.5' F150 SC.
Love the thing other than parking is a pain.
Full disclosure- I have added some modest suspension and 33" Falken Wildpeak tires.
I do LOTS of research before I add any mods.
You're welcome to take a look at it.
PM me if you're curious.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2021, 12:18:41 PM »
All how you use it? You implying mine is a freeway queen?

I dont know if you've noticed yet thinkingman but nobody cares what you think of toyota. You are sooooo over the top you've completely lost any credibility on the subject of vehicles. Tone it down a bit and somebody down the road may take you seriously on here. And I'm far from a Toyota leg humper. Ive owned a dozen trucks over the years and only one has been a Toyota. Its also been the only trouble free vehicle I've ever owned soooo  :dunno:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline thinkingman

• Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2021, 02:34:06 PM »

I dont know if you've noticed yet thinkingman but nobody cares what you think of toyota. You are sooooo over the top you've completely lost any credibility on the subject of vehicles. Tone it down a bit and somebody down the road may take you seriously on here. And I'm far from a Toyota leg humper. Ive owned a dozen trucks over the years and only one has been a Toyota. Its also been the only trouble free vehicle I've ever owned soooo  :dunno:
Sorry, Karl.
You were not my intended target.
I hope the Toyota Leg Humpers don't summarily dismiss the information I post.
That would be like liberals voting Biden no matter what the facts are.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
― Bertrand Russell

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »

Sorry, Karl.
You were not my intended target.
I hope the Toyota Leg Humpers don't summarily dismiss the information I post.
That would be like liberals voting Biden no matter what the facts are.

You've done a pretty good job of ensuring that.
This thread is making me think I should sell my 2012 F150 with 110k miles on it, ride my bike for the next 6 months, and buy a new truck!

Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2021, 03:42:45 PM »
I bought a used 2007 Toyota tundra with 38k miles on it in 2014. She now has 180k rough miles on her. Been a real piece of garbage for me. List of things I've had to fix or replace on that truck are as follows:

My next truck won't be a tundra due to the fact I can't get a crew and 6.5ft bed. It'll likely be an f150 xlt ecoboost.

Bout time you join the Ford family.
ha! I had two fords prior to the tundra. Both 7.3's. Great trucks. Id be getting another tundra but like I said, gotta have the crew cab and a 6.5ft bed and they don't offer it. Their crew max is so over the top huge. Chop a foot out of that cab and put it into a longer bed for God's sakes.

You shoot a rifle with a muzzle brake and you've owned 2 7.3's. It's a miracle you still have your hearing.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline thinkingman

• Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2021, 09:45:41 AM »

ha! I had two fords prior to the tundra. Both 7.3's. Great trucks. Id be getting another tundra but like I said, gotta have the crew cab and a 6.5ft bed and they don't offer it. Their crew max is so over the top huge. Chop a foot out of that cab and put it into a longer bed for God's sakes.

You shoot a rifle with a muzzle brake and you've owned 2 7.3's. It's a miracle you still have your hearing.
:chuckle:
― Bertrand Russell

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2021, 10:19:58 AM »

It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10