collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Bow from Archery World - Review  (Read 4356 times)

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
New Bow from Archery World - Review
« on: July 31, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »
I bought a consigned Matthews Halon 32 from Archery World in Vancouver. They only make 10% on their consignments. But, they set mine up with my rest, sight, new peep, tight spot quiver mount, and stabilizer mount. I got the peep positioned and they did the serving for it. No charge for any of this work because they're my go-to shop. I'm always impressed with their service but seldom surprised. If you're in Lacey, Battleground, or Vancouver and haven't used them, I'd suggest going in.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: New Bow from Archery World - Review
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 01:16:31 PM »
I bought a consigned Matthews Halon 32 from Archery World in Vancouver. They only make 10% on their consignments. But, they set mine up with my rest, sight, new peep, tight spot quiver mount, and stabilizer mount. I got the peep positioned and they did the serving for it. No charge for any of this work because they're my go-to shop. I'm always impressed with their service but seldom surprised. If you're in Lacey, Battleground, or Vancouver and haven't used them, I'd suggest going in.

Did they set up or 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis on your sight for you? Or check your cam lean for you?

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 01:35:12 PM »

Did they set up or 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis on your sight for you? Or check your cam lean for you?

I have no idea. I did my own sighting. But they're a Matthews certified shop and are sponsored by Matthews in national events. I would assume they did what needed to be done.  :dunno:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 03:06:11 PM »

I have no idea. I did my own sighting. But they're a Matthews certified shop and are sponsored by Matthews in national events. I would assume they did what needed to be done.  :dunno:

Might want to ask them if they did… your going to want to have it done.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »
Ok, I will ask. Thank you!

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 01:04:27 PM »

Only one axis on my sight and yes, the cam lean was checked and the factory spacing is spot on

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »

Only one axis on my sight and yes, the cam lean was checked and the factory spacing is spot on

Sounds like a great shop that took care of you. Congrats on the new bow!

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 06:40:43 AM »

Sounds like a great shop that took care of you. Congrats on the new bow!

They are great. It shoots so flat and smooth compared to the old Hoyt, it's heads and tails above. 11 years ago, I had a Reflex and the limbs delaminated at full draw, and this was three weeks before the hunting trip. Joe overnighted it to Hoyt. They gave me full warranty refund plus a paid upgrade. Then Joe set it up and had me running within 4 days from the day I brought in the Reflex. This is one of the reasons I'm so pro pro-shop.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 06:52:39 AM »
Isn't this the business Ryan Black moved to from Sportco?  If so, Ryan is my go to guy for bow repairs/adjustments.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 07:05:29 AM »
Isn't this the business Ryan Black moved to from Sportco?  If so, Ryan is my go to guy for bow repairs/adjustments.

It is and Ryan is a great guy.
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 11:11:15 AM »

Bummer he went so far away.  I liked him and his work on my bows over the years.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 12:05:20 PM »

Bummer he went so far away.  I liked him and his work on my bows over the years.

Lacey's not that far from Tacoma is it? 27 miles.

Offline hughjorgan

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »

He is at location in Lacey. There are a number of archery world locations, including battle ground and trout dale…. https://www.archeryworld.net/

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »

He is at location in Lacey. There are a number of archery world locations, including battle ground and trout dale…. https://www.archeryworld.net/

OP posted about Archery World in Vancouver, then someone said Ryan went to Archery world. 1+1= Ryan is in vancouver.  Didn't realize they have multiple locations.

Online pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2021, 12:28:43 PM »

OP posted about Archery World in Vancouver, then someone said Ryan went to Archery world. 1+1= Ryan is in vancouver.  Didn't realize they have multiple locations.
Now you know.  :tup: Vancouver, Troutdale OR, Lacey, and Battleground.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:22:37 PM by pianoman9701 »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]