collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WTB Decked truckbed system  (Read 501 times)

Offline nwhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • nwhunter
WTB Decked truckbed system
« on: October 23, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
Curious if anyone has one for sale or has input on how well they liked the system.. Like the idea just not the price of it new.. :dunno:

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
Re: WTB Decked truckbed system
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 09:17:01 AM »
We had the system in a ford at work and it was pretty awesome.  The two pull out drawers for storage had great rollers and pulled / pushed in and out very easily.  It was a very sturdy system.  The only problem was the amount of space it took up .  If you have a canopy, it took up 1/4 of the total cargo capacity so fitting larger items in your canopy / bed was not going to work.  If you didn't have a canopy the depth of you bed was now 10" ish.....  I think the ideal situation for this set up is a guy that camps and sleeps in the back of his canopy.  You have storage underneath and you can put a thin mattress on top.  Head room would be an issue but for sleeping you don't need a ton of head room.  The lockable storage is worth its weight in gold and they are very sturdy units. 

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 09:32:39 AM »
Thanks for that info. Ya that is the one thing I don't like about it is losing bedspace and I do have a canopy on my truck.

Offline HUNTNORTHWEST

• Non-Hunting & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 10:59:36 AM »
They are truck specific. So what truck do you have?
A remarkable experience is one where the pain is forgotten so quickly, the frustrations and struggles are forgotten the minute youíre done.

I canít wait to do it the next time.

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 09:42:05 PM »
2015 GMC 2500 shortbed

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you donít.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 06:37:53 AM »
This company has awesome work truck decks.

https://truckbossdecks.com/work-truck-solutions/
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Online Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 07:42:38 AM »
Make one
Can use 2 x 8's for the frame beside the wheel wells and middle support and 2 x 6's for the drawers. 1/2 inch plywood for drawer Bottoms and 5/8 ply for the top. Can get rollers for drawers to roll on. Or can use 2 x 10's for frame and 2 x8's for drawers,  that make the top even with the height of the wheel wells. Yea still going to cut down on headroom but the one I made for an 87 F250 with a cap still had room to sit yoga style and plenty of headroom for sleeping even with a 4 inch foam mattress
Does take 2 sheets of ply to completely cover frame for flush fit side to side of truck bed.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »
That was my plan but thought I would see if I could find one used . The Decked version would be a lot lighter and easier to take out of the truck when I don't want it in there  than a home made version..
Make one
Can use 2 x 8's for the frame beside the wheel wells and middle support and 2 x 6's for the drawers. 1/2 inch plywood for drawer Bottoms and 5/8 ply for the top. Can get rollers for drawers to roll on. Or can use 2 x 10's for frame and 2 x8's for drawers,  that make the top even with the height of the wheel wells. Yea still going to cut down on headroom but the one I made for an 87 F250 with a cap still had room to sit yoga style and plenty of headroom for sleeping even with a 4 inch foam mattress
Does take 2 sheets of ply to completely cover frame for flush fit side to side of truck bed.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal