collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hanson Fish Company Winter 2021 Sale!  (Read 17651 times)

Offline Fastass350

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
Re: Hanson Fish Company Winter 2021 Sale!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2021, 04:02:42 PM »
Order placed and PM sent, if you need a place to crash or shower in your travels you’re welcome here.

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2021, 04:17:50 PM »
Thanks for the orders so far folks  :tup:  I've got some new customers that were referred by Team HuntWa, which is great! 

Heck of an offer, Fastass350 - I'll be blasting by you with my hair on fire on my Dec 9th run though.  Remember the movie Cannonball Run??   :chuckle:

Look forward to seeing you all soon-
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline silverdalesauer

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
  • Faith, Family, Hunting, Fishing, and Dogs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/tiebinds
    • The Tie That Binds: Outdoor Ministry
  • Groups: Christian Waterfowlers Association; NRA Life Member; GOA; DU; DW
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2021, 05:07:17 PM »
Ordered up some of those amazing looking smoked bellies and patties. Yum!
Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate. - Psalm 127:3-5

Online wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2021, 05:19:29 PM »
Order in Chris, I'll have a cigar or two for you as well.
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2021, 06:19:34 PM »
185$ for 10lbs of ling cod? I wish you the best Chris, really do, but ouch!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Skillet

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2021, 06:54:22 PM »

I know it may seem like a lot to some, but at $18.50 dropped off, I'm far from the most expensive out there Jerry.  It just depends on what you value, I suppose. 

Here's some examples of lingcod I pulled up to help you and others who may have the same concerns compare-

$23.75 per pound for 10#
https://www.wildforsalmon.com/products/copy-of-2lb-alaska-ling-cod-portions?variant=32527211724866

$23.80 per pound for 5#
https://www.vitalchoice.com/product/wild-lingcod-skinless-boneless-5lb-random-pieces?sku=FLC005&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=11771965393&utm_term=&utm_content=484111182887&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZB-Ry8Sljf0DjvwSUGym1Ho5Eg_-eeyg7WW2UMaTp4-oecFtzDnl9waAq4DEALw_wcB

Between $23.08 and $30.77 per pound, depending on what piece they give you
https://whidbeyseafoods.com/products/alaskan-lingcod-portion?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZClX3IXDchWf6hEA9ZO_vKktgbsjZp2tB-U1-smIha9O2Dx00AFKzcaArmoEALw_wcB

I'm not listing these prices to shame these other vendors, only to show that what I'm offering is actually a relatively good deal for the premium frozen seafood world.  Plus, I caught these fish myself (with some help, @captkyle97), and I'm 100% convinced that my product is better than anything else you'll find.  I rep it to my friends and associates on here because I believe we really are protein snobs, and some of us are willing to pay a little extra for the quality vs the mushy stuff you can find at Safeway.

The bigger picture, and the one that I am concerned about, is that some folks like yourself might feel like I'm trying to take advantage.  I'm really not, my prices are far less than other retail outlets for this level of quality product.  I'll not insult you by lying and try to tell you I'm selling it for exactly what it cost me to produce, or what I pay for it - I'm doing this for a couple of reasons, and one of them is to make money.  Just like everybody who goes to work and sells their time, they need to do it for more than the cost of the fuel it takes to get to their job.  It's the core of our capitalistic society, and I am very grateful to live in a country that gives me the choice to run my own business, and gives you the choice to not support that business if you don't want to.  :tup:

If you're comparing the lingcod at $18.50/# (which, to be fair to me, is actually offered here at $16.65/# after the HuntWa discount code is applied) to what you feel like it's worth for you to go get it yourself, it likely doesn't pencil out.  But to comment that my prices are out of whack based on that value you place on it really doesn't apply to all of the folks that don't have a way to go get their own lingcod.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, and I'd like to earn your business if I can.  I'm sure it won't be on lingcod, but if there's something else you see on my site that you'd like to give a go, let me know. 

Take care Jerry, and I hope to see you at a pickup site in a couple of weeks.

Chris
KABOOM Count - 1

"The ocean is calling, and I must go."

Offline storyteller

• Forum Sponsor
  • Hunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2021, 07:00:08 PM »
Chris you beat me to it, I did look around, you are $50.00 easlily cheaper on the scallops, package and the same on lingcod package, people can check out prices to compare on Great-Alaska-Seafood.com

You are offering us great deals.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2021, 07:01:37 PM »
To each their own.  I stay pretty in tune with the seafood market and will gladly pay the price of Hanson. First the prices are competitive if not discounted from market price.  Second,  and I've shared this with Chris, his quality is absolutely second to none.  I have the more opportunity than most and handle seafood more than most in my chosen profession. Third the price of all services have skyrocketed this year, especially in the maritime industries. 

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2021, 07:02:12 PM »
Chris you beat me to it, I did look around, you are $50.00 easlily cheaper on the scallops, package and the same on lingcod package, people can check out prices to compare on Great-Alaska-Seafood.com

You are offering us great deals.
:yeah:
You both beat me!

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »

I know it may seem like a lot to some, but at $18.50 dropped off, I'm far from the most expensive out there Jerry.  It just depends on what you value, I suppose. 

Here's some examples of lingcod I pulled up to help you and others who may have the same concerns compare-

$23.75 per pound for 10#
https://www.wildforsalmon.com/products/copy-of-2lb-alaska-ling-cod-portions?variant=32527211724866

$23.80 per pound for 5#
https://www.vitalchoice.com/product/wild-lingcod-skinless-boneless-5lb-random-pieces?sku=FLC005&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=11771965393&utm_term=&utm_content=484111182887&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZB-Ry8Sljf0DjvwSUGym1Ho5Eg_-eeyg7WW2UMaTp4-oecFtzDnl9waAq4DEALw_wcB

Between $23.08 and $30.77 per pound, depending on what piece they give you
https://whidbeyseafoods.com/products/alaskan-lingcod-portion?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZClX3IXDchWf6hEA9ZO_vKktgbsjZp2tB-U1-smIha9O2Dx00AFKzcaArmoEALw_wcB

I'm not listing these prices to shame these other vendors, only to show that what I'm offering is actually a relatively good deal for the premium frozen seafood world.  Plus, I caught these fish myself (with some help, @captkyle97), and I'm 100% convinced that my product is better than anything else you'll find.  I rep it to my friends and associates on here because I believe we really are protein snobs, and some of us are willing to pay a little extra for the quality vs the mushy stuff you can find at Safeway.

The bigger picture, and the one that I am concerned about, is that some folks like yourself might feel like I'm trying to take advantage.  I'm really not, my prices are far less than other retail outlets for this level of quality product.  I'll not insult you by lying and try to tell you I'm selling it for exactly what it cost me to produce, or what I pay for it - I'm doing this for a couple of reasons, and one of them is to make money.  Just like everybody who goes to work and sells their time, they need to do it for more than the cost of the fuel it takes to get to their job.  It's the core of our capitalistic society, and I am very grateful to live in a country that gives me the choice to run my own business, and gives you the choice to not support that business if you don't want to.  :tup:

If you're comparing the lingcod at $18.50/# (which, to be fair to me, is actually offered here at $16.65/# after the HuntWa discount code is applied) to what you feel like it's worth for you to go get it yourself, it likely doesn't pencil out.  But to comment that my prices are out of whack based on that value you place on it really doesn't apply to all of the folks that don't have a way to go get their own lingcod.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from, and I'd like to earn your business if I can.  I'm sure it won't be on lingcod, but if there's something else you see on my site that you'd like to give a go, let me know. 

Take care Jerry, and I hope to see you at a pickup site in a couple of weeks.

Chris
hey Chris, I really do wish you the best, and your explanation is spot on! Appreciate the knowledge you just gave me, and I really do wish you the best man!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:35:23 AM by trophyhunt »
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline cem3434

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, MDF, RMEF, NWTF, PF, RGS, WSF, WSTA
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2021, 08:42:50 PM »
I got my order in, but will be looking for those spot prawns next year.  :chuckle:
The best friend a guy could have asked for. RIP chasing pheasants in heaven Denali girl.

Online wadu1

• Grumpy
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Old Salt
  • RMEF, DU, NRA, PFE, NWTF
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2021, 09:38:14 PM »
Added some salmon patties to my order. During dinner the wife said Costco has crab/salmon patties, I said no way I'll try the Hanson patties first. :tup:
"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2021, 07:07:15 AM »
Got my *first* order in.

Seems like I always come back for more before the pickup date :chuckle:

Offline donsk16

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Tracker
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »
Just placed my order.

A little commentary, for anyone who cares:

My family eats a ton of seafood and you will not find better quality.  The price is fair compared to a good fish market and we get the opportunity to support a good dude - its a win win!

If you like scallops - you need to add them to your order.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »
 :drool:
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter