collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: P N Wild Podcast Episode 85. No More Spring Bear? With Doug Boze  (Read 5956 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: P N Wild Podcast Episode 85. No More Spring Bear? With Doug Boze
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 10:05:25 AM »
@saylean
It's poor form to attack or inundate your allies, like Kelly Sueswind with emails when they could be directed towards more effective players.  Kelly's frustrations were plenty evident during the meetings.

Kelly isn’t a main focus, Lorna Smith is. I understand he is on our side regarding this. In the initial day or so after that announcement of the cancellation I wanted people to make noise and contact the wdfw. Kelly is top dog so start there. The commission has no online social media presence, wdfw does.

My focus is removing Lorna Smith from the commission and continued pressure to reinstate the spring season coupled with much more interaction from the hunting and fishing community, which I cannot do alone and need every single one of you to step up and get active.
I’ve signed up to speak during their next meeting, everyone else on here should to.

Every hunter should contact the commission, this is really about far more than losing spring bear hunting, this is about managing by political correctness rather than by science and providing opportunity to the public. This sets a dangerous precedence of how wildlife may be increasingly managed in Washington! It was bad enough that special interest groups could use the initiative process to take away hound hunting and trapping, now they have infiltrated the commission that establishes seasons and will no longer even need to bother with the initiative process!  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 10:08:28 AM »
@saylean
It's poor form to attack or inundate your allies, like Kelly Sueswind with emails when they could be directed towards more effective players.  Kelly's frustrations were plenty evident during the meetings.

Kelly isn’t a main focus, Lorna Smith is. I understand he is on our side regarding this. In the initial day or so after that announcement of the cancellation I wanted people to make noise and contact the wdfw. Kelly is top dog so start there. The commission has no online social media presence, wdfw does.

My focus is removing Lorna Smith from the commission and continued pressure to reinstate the spring season coupled with much more interaction from the hunting and fishing community, which I cannot do alone and need every single one of you to step up and get active.
I’ve signed up to speak during their next meeting, everyone else on here should to.

Every hunter should contact the commission, this is really about far more than losing spring bear hunting, this is about managing by political correctness rather than by science and providing opportunity to the public. This sets a dangerous precedence of how wildlife may be increasingly managed in Washington! It was bad enough that special interest groups could use the initiative process to take away hound hunting and trapping, now they have infiltrated the commission that establishes seasons and will no longer even need to bother with the initiative process!  :twocents:

💯 bearpaw

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 11:11:46 AM »
This is a good example of the template liberals have been using to get rid of hunting in all states. First step was to protect the predators (I.e.get rid of effective management tools like hounds and baiting) . Then shorten or start eliminating seasons. They tried the same initiative in Idaho when they eliminated bait and hounds in Washington. I remember someone asking me to sign the petition to eliminate both in Idaho in the early 90’s😂😂😂. Step 2 was dump the ultimate apex predator (wolves) into Idaho,Montana and Wyoming. Protect g-bears to ridiculous numbers also. When I lived in Montana in the 80’s there was an unlimited grizzly bear hunt with a quota just like the unlimited sheep hunts in Montana. They got rid of that hunt and there has NEVER been a lower 48 grizzly hunt again. The plan is to protect predators at All costs so they could eliminate any surplus elk and deer. It’s working look how many Washington hunters said screw it and only hunt Idaho or Montana etc and refuse to even hunt their home state or buy a license. They are breaking the North American wildlife model in states right now. Sell tags to create revenue to manage for surplus elk and deer to sell tags to create revenue to manage for more surplus animals rinse and repeat. it’s been amazing and disgusting to watch this play out in real time in Washington,Oregon and California. It’s frustrating that some hunters actually argue their point and deflect blame to habitat habitat and habitat. It’s very important (habitat) but secondary to the plan of breaking the North American wildlife model through excessive predators. I’m all in on fighting this as a non resident because I know these tactics are coming to a state near you for all hunters. They tried these tactics in Idaho already they just haven’t worked YET. Thanks saylean for what you are doing I’m ready to make some noise and recruit other out of state hunters to do the same. Keep us posted on what non residents can do

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 11:15:10 AM »
 :tup: :tup:
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline elkrack

• Framer
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
Idaho guy is 100% correct!! The writing is on the wall
life's tough its tougher if your stupid (john wayne)

If you ain’t first your last☝🏻

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 07:48:54 PM »
This is a good example of the template liberals have been using to get rid of hunting in all states. First step was to protect the predators (I.e.get rid of effective management tools like hounds and baiting) . Then shorten or start eliminating seasons. They tried the same initiative in Idaho when they eliminated bait and hounds in Washington. I remember someone asking me to sign the petition to eliminate both in Idaho in the early 90’s😂😂😂. Step 2 was dump the ultimate apex predator (wolves) into Idaho,Montana and Wyoming. Protect g-bears to ridiculous numbers also. When I lived in Montana in the 80’s there was an unlimited grizzly bear hunt with a quota just like the unlimited sheep hunts in Montana. They got rid of that hunt and there has NEVER been a lower 48 grizzly hunt again. The plan is to protect predators at All costs so they could eliminate any surplus elk and deer. It’s working look how many Washington hunters said screw it and only hunt Idaho or Montana etc and refuse to even hunt their home state or buy a license. They are breaking the North American wildlife model in states right now. Sell tags to create revenue to manage for surplus elk and deer to sell tags to create revenue to manage for more surplus animals rinse and repeat. it’s been amazing and disgusting to watch this play out in real time in Washington,Oregon and California. It’s frustrating that some hunters actually argue their point and deflect blame to habitat habitat and habitat. It’s very important (habitat) but secondary to the plan of breaking the North American wildlife model through excessive predators. I’m all in on fighting this as a non resident because I know these tactics are coming to a state near you for all hunters. They tried these tactics in Idaho already they just haven’t worked YET. Thanks saylean for what you are doing I’m ready to make some noise and recruit other out of state hunters to do the same. Keep us posted on what non residents can do

They are willing to play the long game. We need to be right there with them.

Offline JeepWrangler

• Tracker
  • Groups: Wildlife Committee of Wa, Washington State Bowhunters, Pope and Young
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2021, 07:37:47 AM »
I emailed on 11/24/2021 7:19am  to:

commission@dfw.wa.gov

"Would like to encourage each of the Commissioners to listen to the:

'P N Wild Podcast Episode 85. No More Spring Bear? With Doug Boze' "

Recieved this morning 11/26/2021 7:28am  from

commission@dfw.wa.gov

"your message and link to the podcast has been sent to the Commission.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving."

Member: Washingtonians For Wildlife Conservation
Member: Wildlife Committee of Washington
Member: Washington State Bowhunters
Financial Supporter: Blood Origins
Member: Western Bear Foundation
Pope & Young Book: Washington Black Bear

Offline tvandy45

• Jesus is King
  • Tracker
    • Travis Van Dyke
  • Groups: RMEF, WA Wild Sheep Foundation
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2021, 09:19:02 AM »
Looks like the next game commission meeting is this thursday (Dec 2nd) at 8am. You can bet your ass I will be logging into all of these going forward

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/meetings/2021/02december2021-fwc-agenda

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 11:54:08 AM »
Looks like the next game commission meeting is this thursday (Dec 2nd) at 8am. You can bet your ass I will be logging into all of these going forward

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/commission/meetings/2021/02december2021-fwc-agenda

You and me both.👍👍

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 05:02:04 PM »
Hunting in WA absolutely sucks but I intend for it to stay just as sucky as it currently suck sucks and not one suck less... *censored*!! I will be fighting tooth and nail on this. I will be running for governor on the "WA hunting, keep it at this suck level!!" platform.
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2021, 05:05:06 PM »
I'd vote for ya, heck I'd vote a tweaked out sex worker over Inslee

Offline Mr Mykiss

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2021, 05:52:01 PM »
I'd vote for ya, heck I'd vote a tweaked out sex worker over Inslee
How’d you know what I do for a side hustle??
It is hard to follow one great vision in a world of darkness and of many changing shadows. Among these shadows men get lost.
-Black Elk

Offline Wphunt

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2021, 09:31:46 PM »
I have been doing a lot of thinking on this topic. I would love to see a commission that must follow the science and need to base seasons off of population management goals. I suppose this would need to get added to the WAC.
The commission has really screwed some things up by following public opinion instead of science. Look at wild steelhead. Decades of declining populations before they stopped allowing wild steelhead harvest on the coast. Lots of very vocal people were at commission meetings talking about how communities need the season and there are plenty of fish and the guides need to make a living. Now, it's not even really worth trying. Seasons are shorter, not many fish, can't fish from a boat, too many people etc. It's a separate issue and sort of opposite in a way, but one that could be used as an example of why we need to consider the data first and opinions second.
I wrote the commission last year when they were debating long beach spring bear permits. I wrote them multiple times this year leading up to their vote on unscheduled topics. I am going to attend meetings now because apparently they don't count comments outside the meetings themselves. We need them to do better. For the fish and wildlife and for us, the fisherman and hunters who actually have a dog in the fight.
If a man does his best, what else is there?

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2021, 11:15:45 AM »
I have been doing a lot of thinking on this topic. I would love to see a commission that must follow the science and need to base seasons off of population management goals. I suppose this would need to get added to the WAC.
The commission has really screwed some things up by following public opinion instead of science. Look at wild steelhead. Decades of declining populations before they stopped allowing wild steelhead harvest on the coast. Lots of very vocal people were at commission meetings talking about how communities need the season and there are plenty of fish and the guides need to make a living. Now, it's not even really worth trying. Seasons are shorter, not many fish, can't fish from a boat, too many people etc. It's a separate issue and sort of opposite in a way, but one that could be used as an example of why we need to consider the data first and opinions second.
I wrote the commission last year when they were debating long beach spring bear permits. I wrote them multiple times this year leading up to their vote on unscheduled topics. I am going to attend meetings now because apparently they don't count comments outside the meetings themselves. We need them to do better. For the fish and wildlife and for us, the fisherman and hunters who actually have a dog in the fight.

Good to hear Wphunt. We all need to be much more vocal.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]