collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Razor spotter  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
Razor spotter
« on: November 25, 2021, 04:18:58 PM »
I made an impulse buy just days before my Montana deer hint this year, and replaced my Vortex Viper spotter with a Razor 20-60x85mm spotter. I am SOOOOOO glad I made that purchase. The Razor is clearer and sharper.  The drought made the hunt hard and there weren’t many deer, but the ones we spotted were die to the spotting scope. I could clearly spot deer from a mile plus, and count points a bit closer. If it weren’t for the Razor my wife and I probably wouldn’t have harvested the deer we did. If you use a spotter and don’t have a Razor or comparable spotter, I strongly recommend this one.

P.S. it is the gen1, not gen2 spotter. A couple hundred dollars cheaper at $749 at Sportsmans Warehouse.

Offline Wanttohuntmore

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Razor spotter
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 06:28:32 AM »
I might have spoke with you when you bought it and in the cashiers line.   Did you mention to the salesperson you also will use it for photos?  Sweet deal!  A swaro is in my near future...

Offline Mulie87

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA USPSA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 07:26:19 AM »
No, that wasn’t me. I saw those Swaros, great spotters.

Offline craigapphunt

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 03:26:17 PM »
I made an impulse buy just days before my Montana deer hint this year, and replaced my Vortex Viper spotter with a Razor 20-60x85mm spotter. I am SOOOOOO glad I made that purchase. The Razor is clearer and sharper.  The drought made the hunt hard and there weren’t many deer, but the ones we spotted were die to the spotting scope. I could clearly spot deer from a mile plus, and count points a bit closer. If it weren’t for the Razor my wife and I probably wouldn’t have harvested the deer we did. If you use a spotter and don’t have a Razor or comparable spotter, I strongly recommend this one.

P.S. it is the gen1, not gen2 spotter. A couple hundred dollars cheaper at $749 at Sportsmans Warehouse.

I happen to be in the market for a spotting scope and was wondering if youve ever looked through an athlon spotter to compare to your razor I've heard it both ways which is better?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal