collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Legal Duck hunting land  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Jarredhs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Legal Duck hunting land
« on: November 26, 2021, 03:40:11 PM »
We are all aware you can hunt state land, dnr land, and national forrest. As well as the wildlife areas.but looking at Onx I see a lot of public agency land and was curious for duck hunting. For example what about land labeled fish and wildlife? Like the land next to the spud house boat launch. Or the dike district lands along the skagit rivers. Or the county lands that aren’t parks. If anyone knows from experience I would appreciate it because fish and wildlife couldn’t give a strait answer.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
Re: Legal Duck hunting land
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 04:15:18 PM »
WDFW has info on their website about which WDFW properties you can hunt on.  Some are totally open, some closed and some have assigned blinds and many have other limitations like hours of entry, number of shells you can take etc.  Look up the Skagit Unit and all the info is there.

I would do it quickly as they seem to be intent on putting all WDFW land underwater.

County land you have to talk with them about it, I don't have much experience there.

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 05:04:11 PM »
If it’s state land I can’t find anything online or a sign at the entrance, I usually consider it open to hunting. As long as I’m not creating a dangerous or questionable situation. I’ve been reaching out lately to county entities to confirm whether specific parcels are open to hunting. So far I’m 1 for 2 on that. Surprisingly quick responses from some of the public entities.

Offline PatoLoco

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 08:20:15 AM »
Dike district land, from my experience in Skagit County, is typically a "no", unless it is part of an established WDFW hunting area.

The WDFW website mapping does not show Game Reserves, at least last time I checked. So be aware of those. Their mapping just has them the same color as other DFW lands that are open to hunting. Very confusing for newcomers or internet research.

The land next to Spud House has very limited opportunity, if any. It's mostly cottonwood forest, and the small plot of ag land is leased to a farmer and not really huntable. At least I wouldn't recommend it. There are Private Lands/Quality Hunt areas nearby if you want to hunt fields.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]