collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Waterfowl Daily Limit  (Read 2802 times)

Offline TheYoungSelfStarter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
    • none
Waterfowl Daily Limit
« on: December 01, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »
Hello guys, question for you all. I was looking at the daily bag limit for ducks here: https://www.eregulations.com/washington/hunting/game-bird/migratory-game-bird-seasons

and I saw this :
b Daily bag limit: 7 ducks, to include not more than 2 hen mallard, 1 pintail, 2 scaup, 2 canvasback, and 2 redhead statewide; and to include not more than 1 harlequin (see season limit), 2 scoter, 2 long-tailed duck, & 2 goldeneye in western Washington.

Because I don't see them on this list does this mean shooting drake mallards is not allowed. Does that apply for wood ducks as well? Gadwall? Black ducks?
Never argue with a stupid person, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
Re: Waterfowl Daily Limit
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 09:30:10 PM »
Those specific ducks and or sex of a specific duck listed are the amount within 7 ducks that are allowed to be shot during daily limit. Unlisted like a drake mallard fall in the category of up to 7 can be shot or combination of mallard drakes with others up to 7 birds.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 09:54:28 PM »
As mentioned the limit is 7.  The sub limits are all that can be harvested during a daily bag limit as specified.  You could shoot 7 mallard drake or a combination up to 7 unless specified.  We don’t have a population of black ducks in Washington, but some do show up.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline hunterednate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 09:01:18 AM »
As mentioned the limit is 7.  The sub limits are all that can be harvested during a daily bag limit as specified.  You could shoot 7 mallard drake or a combination up to 7 unless specified.  We don’t have a population of black ducks in Washington, but some do show up.

You've got me intrigued with this. Have you heard reports of someone shooting or seeing black ducks in WA? That is wild.

Offline fowl smacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, RMEF, Friends of the Cowlitz
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 09:04:16 AM »

You've got me intrigued with this. Have you heard reports of someone shooting or seeing black ducks in WA? That is wild.
I've killed 2 black ducks in my 26 years waterfowling in WA

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 09:07:25 AM »

My cousin has killed a few over the years as well
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline KP-Skagit

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 09:09:26 AM »
My dad, born in MA hunting black ducks as a teenager, has shot a few in Skagit Valley. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few more killed than we think but a lot of people don't have the eye to know what they got.

Offline ClemsonJosh

• Tracker
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 09:25:01 AM »

Also intrigued by this. Sure they weren’t just dark hens?

Wonder if the lawman would recognize a black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline KP-Skagit

• Longhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2021, 09:56:29 AM »

Also intrigued by this. Sure they weren’t just dark hens?

Wonder if the lawman would recognize a black.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my experience many WDFW officers (not all) would not be able to tell the difference. I caught a lot of flack for a stringer of hen gadwall one day to compliment a couple hen mallards. Pays to brush up yourself.

Offline metlhead

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2021, 10:38:05 AM »
Similar is the mexican duck, which has shown up in Washington on occasion. I believe the older identification booklets also showed them.

Offline ClemsonJosh

• Tracker
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2021, 11:03:47 AM »
Mottled is what they’re called where I’m from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hunterednate

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2021, 11:12:32 AM »
This is so cool. Seems like the dead giveaway would be the pure-yellow bill right? For either a black duck or Mexican mallard? (at least the drakes)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal