collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WWC and HHC Endorse Brian Blake to fill empty commission seat  (Read 27419 times)

Offline ipkus

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
Re: WWC and HHC Endorse Brian Blake to fill empty commission seat
« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2022, 11:45:52 AM »
I personally was a big supporter of Brian Blake as many in this thread were, too bad he didn't get on in my opinion.  I would love to hear from those that spoke out against him how happy they are with the three new appointees.  There were multiple people in this very thread, some were concerned about his position on hunting and others concerned about his position on fishing.  Do you think the new appointees are closer to your position on hunting and fishing than Brian Blake was or even farther away from your position?

First glance I feel like these people are further away from my position but I am really curious to hear what the Brian Blake opposition here thinks.
Modify message

Brian Blake would have been an utter disaster for sportfishing, just like he was in the legislature.

Am I happy with how our three new commissioners appear on the surface?  Of course not.  That doesn't change what I stated above.

Let me ask you a question; Based on the resumes' of the new commissioners, do you really think Brian Blake was getting appointed even if those of us that were not for him hadn't spoke up?

The problem with the commission is Jay Inslee (and his staff).  As long as people keep voting ol' Jay into office, our hunting/fishing will continue to circle the drain.  Period.
Well if Brian Blake would have been an utter disaster for sport fishing I guess we will see what the three new appointees do.  I assume you believe they will be less of disaster than Mr. Blake.

Looking at the resumes I would still put Brian at the top of my list compared to those three.  How would you rate them 1-4?  Would you put Brian 4th on your list of choices?

Do I think Brian had a chance with as little support as he got from hunters?  No.  Do I think he would have had a better chance with more support from hunters?  Yes.  Do I think he would have got appointed had there not been backlash from hunters on this forum and other outlets?  Maybe but we will never know because as a group we can't rally behind one candidate if they are not 100% perfectly aligned with each of our individual preferences, which of course is impossible.

On the subject of Jay Inslee, he could be voted out if everyone actually voted but far too many think "it doesn't matter, there is nothing I can do, it is what it is, nothing will ever change, don't even try it's pointless".

You are missing the point;  look who got appointed.  Look at ALL of Inslee's appointee's to the commission.  Overwhelming support from the hunting community was not going to get Blake on the commission.  Inslee is owned by environmental special interest groups and the tribes.  And the cherry on top is the guy is an idiot.  WDFW and this state in general is screwed until there is change at the top. 

Based on Mr. Blake's extensive track record, no they can't be any worse for fisheries than he would have been.  And I won't go through the pointless exercise of ranking them, as I don't know enough about the other three to have an opinion other than their resumes spell more trouble for sportsfolks.

It is interesting to watch those of you that are so disappointed in Blake not getting appointed acting like it was going to change how this 9 person commission acts on issues we care about.

THIS IS REALITY ---> Whether you like it or not, the deck is stacked against us and Brian Blake was not going to be enough to change that.  Jay Inslee and JT Austin don't like us or anything about us.  Kelly Susewind doesn't care about us, either.  Many of his upper management and 'special advisors' don't, either.  Neither do most of the commissioners.  Until there is a change at the top, our boat is going down the Middle Fork of the Salmon with no oars in May.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2022, 03:08:16 PM »
I personally was a big supporter of Brian Blake as many in this thread were, too bad he didn't get on in my opinion.  I would love to hear from those that spoke out against him how happy they are with the three new appointees.  There were multiple people in this very thread, some were concerned about his position on hunting and others concerned about his position on fishing.  Do you think the new appointees are closer to your position on hunting and fishing than Brian Blake was or even farther away from your position?

First glance I feel like these people are further away from my position but I am really curious to hear what the Brian Blake opposition here thinks.
Modify message

Good luck with getting a reasonably minded response.  Too many demand perfection in an appointee/candidate and won't support them. Then, they get pissed and even less inclined to participate in the process when the other side wins.

Your assessment of Blake compared to these appointees is spot on.  See the applications I posted in the "Inslee Appoints Three New Commissioners" thread.
I'll give ya my opinions.
Here a question for you .
Did you think inslee was gonna give you anybody better than a pile of .Living in a dream land if you thought different.
Since we are talking about politics,inslee is number 1 reason I don't trust a politician. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

That doesn't answer the question though, and I think you were one of the guys openly speaking out against Blake.
So how do ya feel about the new appointees?
Pile of ,just like my above comment.
I don't trust politicians ,Republican and definitely not a democrat,you can play it up,make it sound like it's my fault all you guys like. The fact is he didn't make inslee cut.
The people he did appoint ,totally political,agenda driven,to fall in line with his supporters. Which is exactly what we should expect. And honestly with all the posts you deleted,even trying to ask brian how he feels on any given topic. How would I even know anything about the guy,besides his voting record as a politician.

I didn't delete anything.
Maybe not you,I don't really know.
If he can't answer questions on a public forum.
I think you know where this is going.
Maybe he can chime in now. So we can all regret inslee decision not to appoint him.
With that said........
The problem is inslee and the people who keep him in office.
Which I give you a 110% that's not me.

I definitely didn’t delete anything.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2022, 03:33:07 PM »

Modify message
It’s pretty simple.  I don’t want anyone that Inslee would appoint.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2022, 05:10:59 PM »

Modify message
It’s pretty simple.  I don’t want anyone that Inslee would appoint.

Politics is the art of the possible. So in an ideal world I would want a different Govenor for a lot of reason, but guess what. I don't live in fantasy land.  BLAKE SHOULD HAVE HAD AT LEAST A CHANCE!   IMO not supporting Blake is denying a chance at the possible. Obviously  not a big enough chance.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline blackdog

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Advocate ..
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2022, 05:25:54 PM »
Three seats are up December 31 folks. Please focus on building support for those you want.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2022, 05:59:53 PM »
Good to know.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2022, 06:22:38 PM »
I heard that not one person on the commission is an active hunter or fisherman or woman. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? I heard that Inslee purposefully picks folks this way.

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Frontiersman
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2022, 07:01:21 PM »
I heard that not one person on the commission is an active hunter or fisherman or woman. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? I heard that Inslee purposefully picks folks this way.
That’s bogus.  Even Koontz went fly fishing.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2022, 07:04:52 PM »

One of the current appointments John has had a hunting Lic and Fishing Lic this info was posted  on here in a different thread.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2022, 07:27:57 PM »

One of the current appointments John has had a hunting Lic and Fishing Lic this info was posted  on here in a different thread.

The key word in his post was active though….

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]