collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Howl For Wildlife  (Read 4901 times)

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Howl For Wildlife
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2022, 06:09:54 PM »
Couldn't find it in researching, but would like to know if they are solidly for the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.There seem to be more and more voices who feel the model isn't working and are subtly pushing a system more in accordance with the European model.  Not accusing at all, but would like to know where they stand.

Message him on Instagram

Offline AKBowman

• Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2022, 04:58:10 PM »
Couldn't find it in researching, but would like to know if they are solidly for the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation.There seem to be more and more voices who feel the model isn't working and are subtly pushing a system more in accordance with the European model.  Not accusing at all, but would like to know where they stand.

From what I have gathered in listening to the founders on several podcasts is they are huge advocates for the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation. This platform is the real deal. They just helped to approved Hunter Ed as an optional class in CO public schools for 7th graders. I think that is just amazing. Such a good sign to see a pro-active hunting platform. It seems like everything/anything we can do is always reactionary to anti-hunting groups. By the time the hunting community rallies we are already behind the 8 ball.

Howl breaks down the state lines making it so easy to support sportsmen and women in other states who are seeing anti-hunting pressure.

I sent out a Howl for the CO initiative and received emails back from the legislative folks who were in charge of the bill
"All you can do is hunt” - Roy Roth

Offline KNOPHISH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2022, 06:54:12 PM »
All this defense fighting bad hunting bills and laws, time to go on offense!! There are some states where hunting is a Right not a privilege. This is something we need. Then maybe some laws we can get established through pro hunting reps to sponsor good bills. Like something for anti hunters being on the Commission being illegal and Unconstitutional. Robust game populations (bears…) hunting seasons shall not be infringed and required to maintain balanced ecosystem.
I have Man Chit to do

Offline pickardjw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »
I believe I read from someone on here that one of the orgs like WWF or HHC are working with a supportive legislator on drafting a "Right to Hunt And Fish" bill...

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »
I believe I read from someone on here that one of the orgs like WWF or HHC are working with a supportive legislator on drafting a "Right to Hunt And Fish" bill...

You must be thinking of WWC.... WWF is the Anti hunting coalition. Lots of shorthand abbreviations and ample opportunity to fat finger a wrong respponce.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2022, 02:20:05 PM »
All this defense fighting bad hunting bills and laws, time to go on offense!! There are some states where hunting is a Right not a privilege. This is something we need. Then maybe some laws we can get established through pro hunting reps to sponsor good bills. Like something for anti hunters being on the Commission being illegal and Unconstitutional. Robust game populations (bears…) hunting seasons shall not be infringed and required to maintain balanced ecosystem.

Its all in the controlling mind set of a states agendas.  Its quite simple to revoke some ones state granted "privilege" vs. revoking their "rights".

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2022, 02:22:10 PM »

I belive we will need to target some legislators that are up for election in order to turn this tide. If I'm not mistaken all house reps are up and a bunch of senators are.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal