collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Inslee Appoints Three New Commissioiners - Carpenter is Out.  (Read 12165 times)

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Inslee Appoints Three New Commissioiners - Carpenter is Out.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2022, 01:46:12 PM »
If it were any more obvious that animal rights groups have bought Jay Inslee, he'd have their logo on the pocket of his blazer.  :bash:
If hunters were smart, they would be the ones for animal rights. 
Most of these people are nothing more than predator “starvationists”.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2022, 01:58:22 PM »
If it were any more obvious that animal rights groups have bought Jay Inslee, he'd have their logo on the pocket of his blazer.  :bash:
If hunters were smart, they would be the ones for animal rights. 
Most of these people are nothing more than predator “starvationists”.

Hunters are for wildlife conservation. D of W are not. HSUS are not. PETA are not. These are litigation organizations. "Animal rights" is a term that stands for putting wild animals ahead of humans, regardless of the cost to the animals. It has nothing to do with helping animals and usually ends up hurting them.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2022, 02:01:33 PM »
Well hopefully they listen to the WDFW bio's and implement sound management.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »
:lol4:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline idahohuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2022, 02:16:40 PM »
It appears John Lemkhul is a hunter. The other two don't sound good to me. I hope I am wrong. If that plays out we have a majority in the Commission, some of which are not what I would call solid. Portends a fight on all substantive issues.
It is not encouraging that CBD applauds the appointments.
Given the 4-3 vote, I agree, as long as one of these folks is a solid hunter I think we can stave off any radical craziness.  Just hope the other two are not as bad as smith or koontz.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline pd

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2022, 02:25:08 PM »
has dedicated both his career and life to conservation of marine species such as Steller sea lions,

Wonderful.  I have always thought that the Columbia River needed more sea lions.  Maybe they could displace the California kind?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 02:33:01 PM »
:chuckle:  You don't think that is possible? :dunno:  You think I need to take a drug test?  :chuckle:  You'll have whatever I'm having?  :chuckle:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2022, 02:35:54 PM »
It appears John Lemkhul is a hunter. The other two don't sound good to me. I hope I am wrong. If that plays out we have a majority in the Commission, some of which are not what I would call solid. Portends a fight on all substantive issues.

By whos definition is this guy a hunter ?? Occasional, casual, once upon a time ?  None of these appointments were made to bolster our point of view.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2022, 02:38:19 PM »
:chuckle:  You don't think that is possible? :dunno:  You think I need to take a drug test?  :chuckle:  You'll have whatever I'm having?  :chuckle:
It's just such a novel concept. :chuckle:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2022, 02:40:44 PM »

By whos definition is this guy a hunter ?? Occasional, casual, once upon a time ?  None of these appointments were made to bolster our point of view.
I will admit I am working on very limited information. Can't disagree with your last sentence.
Bruce Vandervort

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2022, 04:50:15 PM »
Posted on the wild fish conservancy Facebook page:

Today, Governor Jay Inslee appointed of three new Commissioners to the Fish and Wildlife Commission responsible for overseeing and guiding the state’s Department of Fish and Wildlife. These new appointees will finally fill the Commissions two vacant seats and will replace the current Chair Larry Carpenter whose term expired in October 2020. 

Dr. John Lehmkuhl is a retired research biologist with the U.S. Forest Service who holds a PhD in forest science and an M.S. in wildlife ecology and spent 25 years working with Washington wildlife populations on both sides of the state.

Melanie Rowland is a retired senior attorney for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) where she focused on enforcement of the Endangered Species Act, the Marine Mammal Protection Act, and other key environmental statues. She is co-author of The Evolution of National Wildlife Law, the leading legal treatise on federal wildlife law.

Dr. Timothy Ragen has a PhD in oceanography and is the former executive director of the Marine Mammal Commission where he dedicated his career to conserving endangered marine species. In his retirement he continues to work on projects to protect endangered and threatened species, including Southern Resident killer whales.

Thank you Governor Jay Inslee for appointing these qualified candidates who understand and value science and have a demonstrated commitment to conservation.

We welcome these new commissioners and look forward to working with them to advance responsible and science-based natural resource management.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline zwickeyman

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2022, 06:14:33 PM »
This State just keeps going deeper in the *censored*ter. In every aspect imaginable.
The mountains are calling and I must go

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2022, 06:32:41 PM »
When the Center for Biological Diversity cheers the appointments it's probably not going to be good for hunters, fishers, and trappers!
I totally agree with this........
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 07:04:24 PM »
When the Center for Biological Diversity cheers the appointments it's probably not going to be good for hunters, fishers, and trappers!
I have bad feeling about this too. I think hunters and fishermen just took it in the shorts. The best thing we could do is make sure our voice is heard and make sure they are aware of our dis satisfaction.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2022, 10:01:37 PM »
This also means we have to stay in the trenches and continue to send email, make phone calls, sign up to speak at zoom meetings, and make our voices heard to the commission.  We cannot waver! The anti's have used Covid as a platform to infiltrate the zoom style meetings as everything is online and not in person.

Life as hunters in this state has changed drastically.  We will have to continue to fight the anti-hunting/animal rights groups every single year for every single hunt.  They are well organized and will stop at nothing to end hunting (and fishing) in this state.  They got a taste of what we are capable of, when backed in to a corner and mislead during a commission meeting that had nothing to do with cancelling a spring bear hunt. 

We have to keep at it!  Never give an inch!

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal