collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wyoming Elk Draw 2022  (Read 13744 times)

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Wyoming Elk Draw 2022
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2022, 07:04:00 PM »
Little brother and I pulled General Elk tags.  This will be our first time in Wyoming, and we're stoked.  I hate having so many options for areas though.  Going to be so hard to figure out where to go!  If someone wants to exchange information, I'm all ears.  Been very successful OTC in Idaho and NE WA for a lot of years now. 

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2022, 07:32:50 PM »
Little brother and I pulled General Elk tags.  This will be our first time in Wyoming, and we're stoked.  I hate having so many options for areas though.  Going to be so hard to figure out where to go!  If someone wants to exchange information, I'm all ears.  Been very successful OTC in Idaho and NE WA for a lot of years now.
you gonna hunt archery or rifle?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Caseknife

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, SCI
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »
I struck out for my random bull tag, but..........I am going with a group of 5 cow hunters to the unit I struck out in, but know well.

Offline dvolmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2022, 08:54:13 PM »
I cant believe it!  Not-Selected again this year!!!  The permit that I would have liked to have drawn but didn't apply for because I thought it was out of reach went for 3 points lower than I had!  Uggh!!!  The permit that I thought I would get for sure with my 11 points in the special draw I didn't draw. 33% of the applicants with 11 points drew but not us.  The crazy thing is that in the cheaper regular draw it only took 10.5 points to draw the same tag!  So if I would have entered the draw in the cheaper option I would have had a tag in my pocket!  Last year I barely missed it too!!!  All the research in the world on all of this is helpful I guess but its crazy how it actually turns out.  Well I guess there is always next year with 12 points!!!
Zonk Volmer

Offline Jpmiller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2022, 11:50:31 AM »
I pulled out of the general draw last minute due to work stuffs, but will have five points next year so feeling good about that. From talking to the outfitter I was going to go with he was saying it was a weird year for point creep/drop in some of the units and that the general was way harder to draw this year.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal