collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Master Hunter Permit Program - WDFW - Archery  (Read 4439 times)

Offline ChasingTurkeys

• Spottin' and Stalkin'
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NWTF, RMEF, NRA
Master Hunter Permit Program - WDFW - Archery
« on: February 15, 2022, 10:24:13 AM »
Hello,

The last thread I was able to find on this topic was in December 2010. 

I'm curious if any bowhunters are currently certified, or have been certified, through this program and if you are willing to share your experience.

Thank you,

Matt

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
Re: Master Hunter Permit Program - WDFW - Archery
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 10:33:39 AM »
If you mean did we use archery to meet the method qualification requirement to get our MH certificate, then yes, I and several others have done that. The archery requirement is really easy. Some on here have qualified with all methods.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Grousehunter19

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
    • None
  • Groups: None
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 11:22:24 AM »
Do you know when they are planning to reopen the certification process? Last time I checked they were closed due to Covid-19

Offline ChasingTurkeys

• Spottin' and Stalkin'
  • Tracker
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 11:30:13 AM »
From the WDFW website:

The next Master Hunter Permit Program enrollment period will be July 1, 2022 through August 15, 2022. An application fee of $50 is required when submitting an application for the Master Hunter Permit Program.

Offline ChasingTurkeys

• Spottin' and Stalkin'
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 11:32:38 AM »
If you mean did we use archery to meet the method qualification requirement to get our MH certificate, then yes, I and several others have done that. The archery requirement is really easy. Some on here have qualified with all methods.

Thank you pianoman9701.  Are there any volunteer opportunities you recommend for hours towards the MH qualification?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 02:09:08 PM »

Thank you pianoman9701.  Are there any volunteer opportunities you recommend for hours towards the MH qualification?

Teaching Hunter Education is the best way, garbage pick-up at local public hunting spots, RMEF or other organizations' habitat enhancement, and this https://wdfw.wa.gov/get-involved/volunteer. Remember, if you come up with an idea that's not on the list, you need to get it pre-approved by the MH coordinator to get credit towards your hours.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 02:12:40 PM »
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,268387.0.html

Here is a recent thread that talks about the program and there is information in it about upcoming volunteer projects.

I qualified using a bow and a gun.  I have not been certified with the muzzy or shotgun.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 02:36:37 PM »
To be clear: you can qualify to become a master hunter by demonstrating shooting proficiency in at least one of the following implements: modern firearm, muzzleloader, shotgun, slug gun, handgun, archery, or crossbow. Once certified you can any weapon that is legal for the specific hunt.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline ChasingTurkeys

• Spottin' and Stalkin'
  • Tracker
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 02:55:06 PM »
https://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,268387.0.html

Here is a recent thread that talks about the program and there is information in it about upcoming volunteer projects.

I qualified using a bow and a gun.  I have not been certified with the muzzy or shotgun.

Thank you, Rainier10.  Good info in that thread.

Offline ChasingTurkeys

• Spottin' and Stalkin'
  • Tracker
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 02:57:14 PM »
To be clear: you can qualify to become a master hunter by demonstrating shooting proficiency in at least one of the following implements: modern firearm, muzzleloader, shotgun, slug gun, handgun, archery, or crossbow. Once certified you can any weapon that is legal for the specific hunt.

Good to know, thanks.

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 03:08:01 PM »
That is the way I understood it as well but couldn't find that in writing anywhere.  I would have thought that you could only hunt with the method you qualified with.  Again I couldn't find anything to confirm either way.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 03:16:29 PM »
That is the way I understood it as well but couldn't find that in writing anywhere.  I would have thought that you could only hunt with the method you qualified with.  Again I couldn't find anything to confirm either way.
Once certified you can hunt with any legal method. You are not restricted to the implement you certified with.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »
Once certified you can hunt with any legal method. You are not restricted to the implement you certified with.

:yeah:
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal