collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: HB 1705 Would Prohibit Possession of Untraceable Firearms, Receivers, and Frames  (Read 6164 times)

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter

Anyone who's not in a liberal thought coma knows that the rise in crime is due to 1. the decrease in police on the streets due to mandates, disrespect, increased danger of violence, 2. the passage of laws which hamstring police and add liability, 3. the catch-and-release system of liberal prosecutors with regards to felonious criminals (as long as they're anarchists or Marxists or homeless), and 4. the tolerance of open narcotic use in our streets. I sure hope the red wave helps us here in WA this Fall. Our legislature is completely out of touch with reality.

Have you ever thought about running for Governor ?
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan

Anyone who's not in a liberal thought coma knows that the rise in crime is due to 1. the decrease in police on the streets due to mandates, disrespect, increased danger of violence, 2. the passage of laws which hamstring police and add liability, 3. the catch-and-release system of liberal prosecutors with regards to felonious criminals (as long as they're anarchists or Marxists or homeless), and 4. the tolerance of open narcotic use in our streets. I sure hope the red wave helps us here in WA this Fall. Our legislature is completely out of touch with reality.

Lol, Pman for Governor. Nope!
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Online bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman

:yeah:, p-man would have my vote.

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter

We'll start a Write-in P-man For Governor movement.........right here on HuntWa.  You can thank us later.
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline phildobaggins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • big buck big buck big buck
  • Groups: RMEF, MDF
Write-in P-man For Governor :whoo:
Write-in P-man For Governor

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
After June 30, 2022, selling, offering to sell, transferring, or purchasing an unfinished frame or receiver is prohibited, with exceptions for purchases by federally licensed firearms importers, manufacturers, or dealers.

After March 10, 2023, knowingly or recklessly possessing, transporting, or receiving an unfinished frame or receiver is prohibited, with exceptions for law enforcement agencies and federally licensed firearms importers, manufacturers, or dealers. 

These parts just say "unfinished frame", does that mean we can't buy serialized lowers?
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline Igor

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Hunter
Write-in P-man For Governor

I think you have a lock on the job of Campaign Manager !
molṑn labé

USAF
   6987th Security Squadron
   6947th Security Squadron
   6918th RSM

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan

We'll start a Write-in P-man For Governor movement.........right here on HuntWa.  You can thank us later.

:chuckle:
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
This makes me wonder if this bill is being pushed by the big arms manufacturers not selling product along with the anti’s

:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Yeah, because there are so many of these "ghost" guns being built they are putting a hurt on gun manufacturers... another how naive/silly/mind numbed are you?

I can say the same thing about your thinking. Gotta be pretty naive/silly/mind numbed to think if a company that invested millions of dollars into a platform and watched sales  and ROI drop that they wouldn’t do what they can to bring those sales back. Gotta be pretty ignorant to think it’s only the left that plays dirty games to improve financial gain.

Yeah, right.........   :tinfoil:

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
This makes me wonder if this bill is being pushed by the big arms manufacturers not selling product along with the anti’s
I have been thinking along these lines with Remington settling the lawsuit,Are the new owners in fact anti gun and just spent a bundle to get the prize at the end?
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Angry Perch

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
I have been thinking along these lines with Remington settling the lawsuit,Are the new owners in fact anti gun and just spent a bundle to get the prize at the end?

nothing good can come from that!

Low T Beta Male
Domesticated simpy city dwelling male

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt

nothing good can come from that!
I agree nothing good for gun owners,but would be one heck of a way for the antis to cripple the firearm industry for a set price that would be far cheaper for them than any other avenues they have taken over the past 150 years
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline adamR

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sourdough
After June 30, 2022, selling, offering to sell, transferring, or purchasing an unfinished frame or receiver is prohibited, with exceptions for purchases by federally licensed firearms importers, manufacturers, or dealers.

After March 10, 2023, knowingly or recklessly possessing, transporting, or receiving an unfinished frame or receiver is prohibited, with exceptions for law enforcement agencies and federally licensed firearms importers, manufacturers, or dealers. 

These parts just say "unfinished frame", does that mean we can't buy serialized lowers?

As far as I can tell, this bill has zero impact on serialized lowers. It also has zero impact on 80% lowers that were finished prior to July 2019, which is identified in the definition of "untraceable firearm". There is no way to enforce this garbage. They would have to prove that you milled out your 80% lower after that date.

Offline Weatherby92

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
This thread has been quiet for a while. Looks like the bill passed the House and Senate.
Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain - Mark Twain

Offline Lumpy Taters

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
Yep just heard they passed it late last night.  Suspended normal rules and held a emergency vote. 

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal