collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Got drawn for multi-season elk!  (Read 27322 times)

Offline Caseknife

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, NRA, SCI
Re: Got drawn for multi-season elk!
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2022, 06:49:31 AM »
Same here, no "privileges" yet.  Boy the language has sure changed over the years!

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2022, 06:53:06 AM »
nothing on my end showing

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2022, 07:01:34 AM »
I'm guessing today around 10Am.  Good  luck guys.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2022, 08:14:22 AM »
I thought i read that i didnt have to submit if putting in solo. Now it’s saying not submitted. Am i in or did i just buy points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2022, 08:14:56 AM »
I thought i read that i didnt have to submit if putting in solo. Now it’s saying not submitted. Am i in or did i just buy points?

Sorry… should’ve read the thread

Offline bornhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, Wa Cattlemens Assc, Stevens County Cattlemens Assc
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2022, 08:32:02 AM »

I dont think we even get the point but not sure.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2022, 08:37:50 AM »
It says you don’t need to submit when applying solo.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2022, 08:41:08 AM »

If you did not submit for the draw, but bought the point....you automatically get the point.  Next year, make sure you put in immediately after buying so you don't have the same problem.  This will be the same process for all draws washington does.  Buy the draw, put in for the draw or points.  If you don't put in for the draw it will automatically give you the points option. 

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2022, 08:56:40 AM »

If you did not submit for the draw, but bought the point....you automatically get the point.  Next year, make sure you put in immediately after buying so you don't have the same problem.  This will be the same process for all draws washington does.  Buy the draw, put in for the draw or points.  If you don't put in for the draw it will automatically give you the points option.
So I’m not in the draw?

Offline Timberstalker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • Just one more ridge
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2022, 09:06:04 AM »
Just got a text from Shaniqua. Draw results will be posted Friday.
If you aint hunting, you aint livin'

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2022, 09:08:29 AM »

That is true for the regular draws, but not the multi-season. You do not have to submit your app if applying solo.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2022, 09:18:08 AM »
Hope that’s true. It’s my year to draw.. lol

Offline kirkl

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • USN Veteran- USS Nimitz CVN 68
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2022, 11:46:14 AM »

Its true, i even emailed the game department twice and got two replies back saying that.
https://www.mywdfw.com/multi-season-special-hunt/

How does it work?

1. Purchase application (12/01/21 through 03/31/22)

You may purchase at a license vendor, online at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov, or by calling 360-902-2464. Click here for pricing. If you are applying as an individual, your application is automatically submitted. You only need to submit if you are applying as a group (maximum of two individuals).

UPDATE: If you wish to submit as a GROUP or for the POINTS-ONLY option, you may now do so in your WILD account. If you wish to apply as an INDIVIDUAL, no further action is required after purchasing your application. All INDIVIDUAL applications will be automatically submitted prior to the drawing.

You DO NOT need to purchase a deer or elk license and tag before purchasing a Multi-season application. If you win a Multi-season tag but already have your transport tag, refer to the hunting regulations pamphlet for information.

2. Check drawing results

Drawing results will be posted in your WILD account in April. Winners without an email address will be notified by mail.

See hunting regulations for additional information, rules, and program details.

3. Purchase Multi-season deer or elk tag

If selected, you must purchase the corresponding tag prior to Aug. 1, 2022.

Multi-season deer tag: $139.10

Multi-season elk tag: $182.00
Special hunt
Opportunities for multiple species across the state
What is it?

If you are drawn for a special hunt permit, you will obtain access to hunting opportunities that are unavailable during the general hunting season. The special hunt permit is governed by a weighted-point drawing system. You gain one point for every special hunt application you submit. If unsuccessful in the draw category, these points accumulate over the years, increasing the chances of your application being drawn. You may only purchase one application per category, per year.
Benefits

If selected, you will:

Have access to hunting opportunities that are unavailable during the general hunting season
    Have opportunities to hunt outside of general seasons, increasing your odds for a successful harvest
    Have less competition with fewer hunters in the field during your special hunt
    Accumulate points — increase chances of being drawn

Applications available: 12/01/21 – May 2022 (exact date TBD)
Submit between: April 2022 – May 2022 (exact submission dates TBD)
Resident application fees:

General special hunt permit: $7.10
    Quality special hunt permit: $13.70
    Youth special hunt permit: $3.80
    Non-resident application fee: $110.50

Example

During the general season you might only have the option to harvest an antlerless elk with the weapon, time frame, and location of your choice. If you are selected for a special hunt permit, you could have access to:

An area that is only accessible to 20 hunters, the ability to harvest any bull regardless of antler size, and a longer hunting season — increasing your chances of harvesting an elk. This is dependent on what application you submit and what area you select.
How does it work?

1. Consult regulations

Decide what species you want to hunt for. Each species has its own categories and application types.

Deer, elk, and turkey: You must purchase a hunting license prior to submitting a special hunt permit application.

Deer and elk: In addition to a hunting license, you must purchase a transport tag (selecting a weapon type and location) before you submit a special hunt permit application.

Mountain goat, moose, or bighorn sheep: You do not need to purchase a hunting license prior to submitting a special hunt permit application for these species. If you are drawn, you will be required to purchase a license before you receive your special hunt permit. For pricing information, click here.

2. Purchase application 12/01/21 – May 2022 (exact date TBD)

You may purchase at a license vendor, online at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov, or by calling 360-902-2464. Click here for pricing.

If you purchase a special hunt permit application but DO NOT submit it, you will be awarded one point and will not be eligible for the drawing for that season.

3. Submit application April 2022 – May 2022 (exact submission dates TBD)

Submit online through your profile at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/#/login or, if you require assistance, by calling 360-902-2464.

4. Check drawing results

Drawing results will be posted in your WILD account in June. Applicants with a valid email will receive an email alert when the results are available.

Offline ThurstonCokid

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2022, 11:54:37 AM »

Its true, i even emailed the game department twice and got two replies back saying that.
https://www.mywdfw.com/multi-season-special-hunt/

How does it work?

1. Purchase application (12/01/21 through 03/31/22)

You may purchase at a license vendor, online at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov, or by calling 360-902-2464. Click here for pricing. If you are applying as an individual, your application is automatically submitted. You only need to submit if you are applying as a group (maximum of two individuals).

UPDATE: If you wish to submit as a GROUP or for the POINTS-ONLY option, you may now do so in your WILD account. If you wish to apply as an INDIVIDUAL, no further action is required after purchasing your application. All INDIVIDUAL applications will be automatically submitted prior to the drawing.

You DO NOT need to purchase a deer or elk license and tag before purchasing a Multi-season application. If you win a Multi-season tag but already have your transport tag, refer to the hunting regulations pamphlet for information.

2. Check drawing results

Drawing results will be posted in your WILD account in April. Winners without an email address will be notified by mail.

3. Purchase Multi-season deer or elk tag

If selected, you must purchase the corresponding tag prior to Aug. 1, 2022.

Multi-season deer tag: $139.10

Multi-season elk tag: $182.00
Special hunt
Opportunities for multiple species across the state
What is it?

If you are drawn for a special hunt permit, you will obtain access to hunting opportunities that are unavailable during the general hunting season. The special hunt permit is governed by a weighted-point drawing system. You gain one point for every special hunt application you submit. If unsuccessful in the draw category, these points accumulate over the years, increasing the chances of your application being drawn. You may only purchase one application per category, per year.
Benefits

If selected, you will:

Have access to hunting opportunities that are unavailable during the general hunting season
    Have opportunities to hunt outside of general seasons, increasing your odds for a successful harvest
    Have less competition with fewer hunters in the field during your special hunt
    Accumulate points — increase chances of being drawn

Applications available: 12/01/21 – May 2022 (exact date TBD)
Submit between: April 2022 – May 2022 (exact submission dates TBD)
Resident application fees:

General special hunt permit: $7.10
    Quality special hunt permit: $13.70
    Youth special hunt permit: $3.80
    Non-resident application fee: $110.50

Example

During the general season you might only have the option to harvest an antlerless elk with the weapon, time frame, and location of your choice. If you are selected for a special hunt permit, you could have access to:

An area that is only accessible to 20 hunters, the ability to harvest any bull regardless of antler size, and a longer hunting season — increasing your chances of harvesting an elk. This is dependent on what application you submit and what area you select.
How does it work?

1. Consult regulations

Decide what species you want to hunt for. Each species has its own categories and application types.

Deer, elk, and turkey: You must purchase a hunting license prior to submitting a special hunt permit application.

Deer and elk: In addition to a hunting license, you must purchase a transport tag (selecting a weapon type and location) before you submit a special hunt permit application.

Mountain goat, moose, or bighorn sheep: You do not need to purchase a hunting license prior to submitting a special hunt permit application for these species. If you are drawn, you will be required to purchase a license before you receive your special hunt permit. For pricing information, click here.

2. Purchase application 12/01/21 – May 2022 (exact date TBD)

You may purchase at a license vendor, online at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov, or by calling 360-902-2464. Click here for pricing.

If you purchase a special hunt permit application but DO NOT submit it, you will be awarded one point and will not be eligible for the drawing for that season.

3. Submit application April 2022 – May 2022 (exact submission dates TBD)

Submit online through your profile at fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/#/login or, if you require assistance, by calling 360-902-2464.

4. Check drawing results

Drawing results will be posted in your WILD account in June. Applicants with a valid email will receive an email alert when the results are available.

Thanks!

Offline Igottanewknee

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2022, 04:06:02 PM »

That is true for the regular draws, but not the multi-season. You do not have to submit your app if applying solo.

I  agree 100%... but also haven't been drawn for 7 years...makes me wonder.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]