collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW is looking for contracted range riders  (Read 8681 times)

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
    • RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Re: WDFW is looking for contracted range riders
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2022, 10:32:36 AM »
Hummmm, "Range Riders"??  What happened, lose all their "Wardens"??   If their biologist won't listen to the "field-men"(AKA Wardens) I don't think they are going to listen to anything a "range rider" will tell them!!  Its been going on for decades all ready!

Pretty sure a WDFW game warden and a range rider are 2 different roles....and we all already know there's a shortage of game wardens as it is.

I had a great discussion with a warden in the Methow years ago before he retired.  What he told me was his "experience" with the "biologist" then employed by WDFW.  They were not interested in the least with what any "LEO's" had to say!  The one person who see's the most out in the "field" is not allowed to have an opinion with "them"! Sight interferes with their college upbringing!  Their ego's are way to strong for them to admit they don't know half of what they think they know!!  This was from our talk about the three point or better screw up!  I can't post on here of what HIS solution was to the "problem" was, but it was a good one!

Yes "rolls" are different, but what one see's in my book(66 years and counting), trumps any "book learning".  Just like the years of massive doe hunts,  show me one cattleman who kills of his producer's to increase his herd!!   Reality beats book material no matter its author/author's.

Case in point, my best man at my wedding married a gal who's dad wrote a book on how to repair some of John Deere's heavy equipment.  Colleges paid him big money.  Yet the old school mechanic's had to "teach" the newbies to ignore what they had been taught in college.  Some of the "procedures" they had been taught were four hours longer then what in real life took to accomplish!   I came across almost the same thing when I was sent back to college.  A student ask the instructor, "Why are we using this book(expensive)for this class?" his answer was, "students, pick up your book, turn and look on its binding.  See those names?  Those are all Alumni of this college. That is why you are using this book, YOU will never use it once to leave here.  But you do need to know the basics.  You will find once you are employed, the basics are needed but this book is no longer used in the real world of business."   Oh well, glad the state paid for my book, felt sorry for those who had to buy it outright.  Rant over :chuckle: :chuckle:

That's how all of academia operates. All fields, and for decades. My Dad graduated UW College of Fisheries before I was born, the stroking and nepotism was already firmly in place. You see it in every intellectual discipline, from biology, to psychology, to astro physics to anything else. It's about getting your name recognized and moving up in the aristocracy... has ALMOST nothing to do with doing the job effectively.
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline timberfaller

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2022, 11:00:10 AM »
 :yeah: :tup:
The only good tree, is a stump!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2022, 06:57:08 PM »
I understand where you guys are coming from and I agree with sometimes the old school way being the best way, buuuuuut if the wardens should be babysitting range cattle, who should be responsible for law enforcement while the wardens are babysitting? 
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2022, 07:00:42 PM »
They babysit wolves, not cattle

You want to find a gamie head for the nearest wolf herd a pop off a shot or two, they'll find you quick.

Offline highcountry_hunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2022, 07:38:40 PM »
I understand where you guys are coming from and I agree with sometimes the old school way being the best way, buuuuuut if the wardens should be babysitting range cattle, who should be responsible for law enforcement while the wardens are babysitting?

In no way, shape, or form are game wardens responsible for anything to do with cattle. Game wardens work for dept of fish and wildlife. Cattle are the cattle owners responsibility and graze on leased ground from the forest service or state.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2022, 08:01:52 PM »
Babysitting wolves is the same thing as baby sitting cattle, when the threat is wolves  :twocents:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal