collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Kapowsin Elk hunt raffle  (Read 4050 times)

Online Duckslayer89

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Kapowsin Elk hunt raffle
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2022, 07:18:40 PM »
7 series on a mountain bike isn’t a bad option. Hmmmm. So many ideas. I would network and have one picked out before opening day. Then be there set up in the morning on where he’s hanging out at. Your name isn’t Stefan is it? My buddy texted me and he drew too. So I believe there is only two tags so you guys are the only tag holders.
5 total rifle tags, 3 archery, 3 muzzy

Could double that and be ok lol

Offline GASoline71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2022, 10:04:28 AM »
I grew up in Orting.  Back when it was all owned by St. Regis we hunted all over up there.  Then when Champion owned it there were a lot more gates put up.  Luckily my Grandpa was one of the dudes at one of the gate shacks, so we still got in.  :)  It's all changed so much up in that area in the last 40 years, all I can say good luck to you!

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »
I grew up in Orting.  Back when it was all owned by St. Regis we hunted all over up there.  Then when Champion owned it there were a lot more gates put up.  Luckily my Grandpa was one of the dudes at one of the gate shacks, so we still got in.  :)  It's all changed so much up in that area in the last 40 years, all I can say good luck to you!

Gary
Was your grampa Vern?
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline GASoline71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2022, 12:42:22 PM »

Gary
Was your grampa Vern?

Harold.  He sat mostly at the Electron gate.  I think sometimes he was at King Creek.

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline elkh8me

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2022, 06:06:56 AM »
7 series on a mountain bike isn’t a bad option. Hmmmm. So many ideas. I would network and have one picked out before opening day. Then be there set up in the morning on where he’s hanging out at. Your name isn’t Stefan is it? My buddy texted me and he drew too. So I believe there is only two tags so you guys are the only tag holders.
That used to be the go to plan. ORM now let’s some of the employees hunt it since they purchased the land across the bridge. Sounds like WW3 during rifle season up there😢

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal