collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW seeks Wolf Advisory Group Applicants  (Read 4680 times)

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
WDFW seeks Wolf Advisory Group Applicants
« on: May 20, 2022, 11:27:19 PM »
Is anyone thinking of Applying. I'm thinking about it. Why not, this is the action we need to take to be vocal about wolf conservation. I feel my application would be stronger if I was backed by an organization. Hoping an organization is already nominating someone but maybe I can be their guy applying if they need one?

"The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) is seeking candidates to serve a two-year, renewable  appointment on the Wolf Advisory Group (WAG), a citizen committee that advises WDFW on wolf conservation and management.

There are currently four vacancies on the WAG. Although anyone is welcome to apply, based on the current composition of WAG membership WDFW is especially interested in recruiting stakeholders who represent 1) hunting organizations/interests, 2) livestock production/organizations in the northeast region of the state, 3) other “at large” interests. Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with those whose views may significantly differ from their own, and seek to constructively engage in developing guidance and recommendations to WDFW regarding Washington wolf conservation and management. If you are applying as the designated representative of an organization, please be sure to provide the name of the organization and a contact person who can confirm your application.

The online application will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you have any difficulties completing the application, please reach out to Tristan Marquez at wagfacilitationteam@rossstrategic.com. If you are unable to download a copy of your completed application (this option should be available to you on the closing page), you may request a record of your responses by emailing Tristan at wagfacilitationteam@rossstrategic.com.

Thank you for your interest in serving on the WAG!"

https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/advisory/wag?fbclid=IwAR0a9k9-v0hkrhQDUh-HL6xya28WuKsZATNZ8rh3Gv9VFN2LPOMlNd-gLqw
Keep Calm Gobble On

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: WDFW seeks Wolf Advisory Group Applicants
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 12:26:07 AM »
I have talked to a couple of the folks that have been on the WAG. In my opinion the state is looking for folks that they can steamroll, or yes men. the WDFW is mostly looking to find folks that do not have as much institutional memory or grasp of the facts so that our user group can be bent to the will of the anti hunting wolf crowd. As I remember the Cattlemens association has been disenfranchised as well as the sportsmen contigentent.  A past WAG member was also a Silver Arrow Bowmen member whom I had many talks with. If you are a masochist and only want to defend the ramparts then this is the job for you.  You wont make any break though convincing anyone of anything. The goal is fresh meat from sportsmen and our ilk so that we can be the sacrificial lambs to agree to a bad deal.  :twocents:

My response is kind of a downer, and we do need a good representative... but a command of the facts, history and what other states have done wont change the direction of the battle. The best we can have is a goalie with balls and nerves of steel.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 09:21:58 AM »
Meet protocol, move forward with agenda.  Simply filling a seat as required.

If they really wanted change, they could simply listen to their own educated professionals.  From the inside, the pay and benefits is good enough that no one will buck the system. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 10:43:18 AM »
not me, I'm not into masochism.  A bogus position that'll be filled with rubber stampers much like the commission.   

Offline fireweed

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 12:07:33 PM »
What a fun, fulfilling, and supported volunteer opportunity!  Guaranteed to make you feel heard and validated.  Time well spent.
NOT!

Offline Ridgeratt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2022, 12:15:39 PM »
not me, I'm not into masochism.  A bogus position that'll be filled with rubber stampers much like the commission.   

Dang I thought this would be a chance for your voice to be heard 😕

You have my endorsement if that is worth anything .

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 12:41:50 PM »
I know someone who sat on the WAG for many years and it was very frustrating and IMO a waste of time for him

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 02:42:51 PM »
I know someone who sat on the WAG for many years and it was very frustrating and IMO a waste of time for him
He was appreciated more than he knows. His removal is  bad sign from the dept(or governor). If we're thinking of the same person. We're headed in a very bad direction and systematically being silenced.  I think we fail to support each other and it comes back to bite us.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 03:49:07 PM »
I can't remember the rancher who sat on the board and left after being completely ignored. Your voice will only be heard if you're pro-wolf, anti-cattleman and hunter. IMO, a complete waste of a hunter's time.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2022, 04:34:21 PM »
He was appreciated more than he knows. His removal is  bad sign from the dept(or governor). If we're thinking of the same person. We're headed in a very bad direction and systematically being silenced.  I think we fail to support each other and it comes back to bite us.

I'm sure we are referring to the same guy. Seems like he spent hours every day fighting issues for hunters and cattleman and he really thought the department was listening to him and that he was getting through to them. So............many years, hours spent, letters, meetings etc., etc., and in the end I believe it was for nothing.

If I ever said something bad about the department he would tell me I was wrong and they are listening to him and that he is getting through to them. Thankless job duty, wouldn't wish it on anyone after seeing how much he put in to it.

Offline gaddy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2022, 06:34:53 PM »
I'd say go for it if your passionate about it. Nothing happens if people don't try. Here's a guy wanting to do something that could have a positive impact for our side and gets nothing but negativity. 4 vacancies ? I personally  would thank you for your efforts.   :tup:

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2022, 06:39:15 PM »
 :yeah:

Dang I thought this would be a chance for your voice to be heard 😕

You have my endorsement if that is worth anything .

:yeah: Me Too!!
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2022, 06:43:22 PM »

I'm sure we are referring to the same guy. Seems like he spent hours every day fighting issues for hunters and cattleman and he really thought the department was listening to him and that he was getting through to them. So............many years, hours spent, letters, meetings etc., etc., and in the end I believe it was for nothing.

If I ever said something bad about the department he would tell me I was wrong and they are listening to him and that he is getting through to them. Thankless job duty, wouldn't wish it on anyone after seeing how much he put in to it.

Sportsmen owe the guy you speak of a debt. Not enough of them will have a splash of Pendleton with him,  or understand the BS he delt with advocating for us.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 06:48:44 PM by Special T »
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Pinetar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2022, 07:20:51 PM »

Sportsmen owe the guy you speak of a debt. Not enough of them will have a splash of Pendleton with him,  or understand the BS he delt with advocating for us.

Thank you T.

Guess I was a little to close to the situation and saw what he put up with and dealt with for many years. Gaddy - If you were referring to me I wasn't meaning to come across negative by any means, if someone wants to jump in and give it a go I wish them luck. Just don't like all the lies and deceit and seeing someone pissed on when they truly cared and tried to make a difference.

Offline avidnwoutdoorsman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Scout
  • Groups: NWTF, PF, TU, DU, BCWF, NRA, BCH&A
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2022, 11:40:22 PM »

Thank you T.

Guess I was a little to close to the situation and saw what he put up with and dealt with for many years. Gaddy - If you were referring to me I wasn't meaning to come across negative by any means, if someone wants to jump in and give it a go I wish them luck. Just don't like all the lies and deceit and seeing someone pissed on when they truly cared and tried to make a difference.

I'd rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

I dont think it would be easy or necessarily fun but I'd much rather get pissed on trying then get chit on from the sidelines...

Heck even I was just a pain in their rear that was the one guy saying nay to everything it wouldn't bother me.

I know most of the history but not all of it I'm sure and am open for dm's on important things/facts I might not know. Would be interested to talk to the fella y'all speak of and see what he would want continued to be done. What he was trying to change.

Trying to get a bit more involved. At the moment am just a paying member of a lot of orgs because of recent past life events but for the foreseeable future I have time to step up and help the organizations and us as hunters. Maybe this is that way but maybe just doing more vol work is what its going to be.

So if our orgs that would be pro-proper wolf management dont have someone to step up, I'll step up. Lets talk. That way if I say I am associated with _____. Its not just nothing....
Keep Calm Gobble On

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal