collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2022 special permit draw results  (Read 142313 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: 2022 special permit draw results
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2022, 11:43:10 AM »
DNRY
are you sure!???  That was a while ago!!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »
DNRY
I think it's bad luck to check early.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2022, 12:07:26 PM »
DNRY
Hmmm, I think you are on to something here!!  I haven't checked once yet and plan not to until after all the Heck breaks loose on here.  Is it just me or is the excitement a bit less this year when it comes to the draws??  I wonder cause it's been getting harder and harder to draw and people just expect not to draw???

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2022, 12:12:34 PM »
Its gotten less and less exciting each year IMO.  Either I'm getting older, moved to greener pastures(I.e. out of state), or have come to the reality that drawing odds in this state are poor for just about everything. 

I actually think its a combination of all three in my case. 

That being said I enjoy this time of year when the dream is still alive.  I'm just not on pins and needles like I was many years ago. 

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2022, 12:33:48 PM »
Its gotten less and less exciting each year IMO.  Either I'm getting older, moved to greener pastures(I.e. out of state), or have come to the reality that drawing odds in this state are poor for just about everything. 

That being said I enjoy this time of year when the dream is still alive.  I'm just not on pins and needles like I was many years ago.
Agree, the dreaming is fun, but year after year when it gets beat down, takes away the excitement.  Just expect Not Selected anymore, and it's funny (not) how many friends i know that don't draw either! Usually know a couple good friends with hunts to look forward to, but not lately.

Offline Mfowl

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2022, 12:37:21 PM »
DNRY
Hmmm, I think you are on to something here!!  I haven't checked once yet and plan not to until after all the Heck breaks loose on here.  Is it just me or is the excitement a bit less this year when it comes to the draws??  I wonder cause it's been getting harder and harder to draw and people just expect not to draw???

I've tried both, neither lives up to the hype.

I do still get butterflies when the results are out and I go to check officially though.
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2022, 12:45:54 PM »
I still get level 10 pumped even though chances are tough , shoot with the fact I do so many people in our groups apps I get just as excited checking there to make those special calls to them

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2022, 01:11:00 PM »
I still get level 10 pumped even though chances are tough , shoot with the fact I do so many people in our groups apps I get just as excited checking there to make those special calls to them

If I draw a goat tag you know I am calling you and heath "The professional goat recovery team"  :chuckle:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2022, 01:34:29 PM »
I just can't get too excited anymore as I have been putting in for 15-20 years depending on the critter and have drawn a whopping 2 cow tags, an elk and a moose.  Lucky as heck to draw the moose.  I just historically have had terrible luck drawing tags, regardless of the state. 
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2022, 02:08:26 PM »
When this page does start to blow up I will probably just wait until I get home from work and after dinner go through the results.  By that time they should have all of the categories updated and viewable.

In 2017 when I drew a quality bull tag results were posted in the morning for some categories.   I saw that my daughter had drawn a cow tag and I had blanked on quality bull again.  Later that morning I heard that not all categories had been released at one time, logged back in and saw that I had drawn the quality bull tag.

I am just going to wait this year until everything has calmed down and check it out.  It's the new five years older and mellower me.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2022, 02:18:49 PM »
When this page does start to blow up I will probably just wait until I get home from work and after dinner go through the results.  By that time they should have all of the categories updated and viewable.

In 2017 when I drew a quality bull tag results were posted in the morning for some categories.   I saw that my daughter had drawn a cow tag and I had blanked on quality bull again.  Later that morning I heard that not all categories had been released at one time, logged back in and saw that I had drawn the quality bull tag.

I am just going to wait this year until everything has calmed down and check it out.  It's the new five years older and mellower me.
My tradition has been to wait till after work, and after about 2-3, 6-8 second pour whiskeys, I start checking.  Usually check my dads before mine, then the wife’s, and on to mine. Usually very anti climatic, except in 2019 when I drew bull moose, then half hour later realized my buddy put in w me, I got to call him and let him know!! That was fun!

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2022, 02:39:32 PM »
Here’s to hoping my 25 Bull points are enough. 😂

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2022, 02:49:13 PM »

You summed up my feelings perfectly. I get way more excited about out of state draws.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Online Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2022, 03:44:06 PM »

:yeah:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2022, 05:33:50 PM »

You summed up my feelings perfectly. I get way more excited about out of state draws.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
It’s a sad realization that after just a few years of applying out of state, your drawing odds are about the same (or better) as having applied for 20+ years in WA. And if you draw the out of state tag, it will be a way better hunt.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal