collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Drew Chiwawa late tag  (Read 13496 times)

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: Drew Chiwawa late tag
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2022, 11:16:30 AM »
Tagging along to see how this turns out. All 20 days will be a great experience. Wishing you the best of luck and hoping you tag the buck of your dreams.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline nwalpineguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100014108737357
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2022, 12:34:46 AM »
You're the one to draw that tag. Congratulations, can't wait to see how things unfold for you. Keep the forum in the loop!  :tup: :tup:

Thank you, I shall. more to follow in the coming months.

Offline nwalpineguide

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2022, 12:39:27 AM »
Nobody deserves it more that you my friend. This is the one you've been waiting for!!

Thanks Tom. I'll give it the dedication and focus it deserves. Will keep you in the loop on prep and scouting. I'm just grateful for the opportunity to put some years of study and boots on the ground effort to use. Told the wife the other day I drew the permit. All I got was some guttural noise in response. How peculiar.

Then, when I told her I was gonna hunt the entire season she really... shall we put it, came unglued!
Said she was going to Mexico. I told her I would miss her! :chuckle:

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2022, 05:15:17 AM »
 :chuckle:

Offline sagerat

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2022, 05:45:16 AM »
Maybe you can find one better than your avatar buck.  :chuckle:

Where’s that monster from anyway?

Offline scoutdog346

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2022, 01:50:04 PM »
Good job on getting that tag.  I know u will get a nice one!  I'm wondering if u have ever seen any wolf in that gmu?

FINALLY!

I was selected for that Chiwawa late permit after putting in for it, off and on, for the past 20 years. Now the "November Dreamin' takes on a whole new meaning! No re-inventing the wheel. I know Xactly where to go and when.

I'm thinking I'll hunt the entire season. All twenty days. Might poke around during the high hunt for a ridge runner but will hunt for bruin in October.

Damn glad I pulled those 4 camera units 3 weeks ago and reviewed the 1000+ video images from last fall/winter. Hopefully old man winter, the cats and other predators didn't get them all last year.

It just takes the ONE!

Offline nwalpineguide

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2022, 06:41:39 PM »
Maybe you can find one better than your avatar buck.  :chuckle:

Where’s that monster from anyway?

GREAT question. Not really sure where that Avatar buck is from. Most likely Wyoming.

But, I'm not sure where exactly. The wife and I took our kids on vacation some 10 years or so ago and I walked into the dining room of a "dude ranch" horse riding place near Moran, Wyoming and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the bucks and bulls hanging on those dining room walls. So, I politely asked the proprietor if I could take a few photos. They kindly gave me permission.

Offline nwalpineguide

• Hunter
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 06:47:42 PM »
Good job on getting that tag.  I know u will get a nice one!  I'm wondering if u have ever seen any wolf in that gmu?

FINALLY!

I was selected for that Chiwawa late permit after putting in for it, off and on, for the past 20 years. Now the "November Dreamin' takes on a whole new meaning! No re-inventing the wheel. I know Xactly where to go and when.

I'm thinking I'll hunt the entire season. All twenty days. Might poke around during the high hunt for a ridge runner but will hunt for bruin in October.

Damn glad I pulled those 4 camera units 3 weeks ago and reviewed the 1000+ video images from last fall/winter. Hopefully old man winter, the cats and other predators didn't get them all last year.

It just takes the ONE!

I've never seen or heard a wolf or wolves in the Chiwawa unit. At least those areas of the unit I'm familiar with. It's a fairly large unit so...? I suspect it won't be long before they show up somewhere. But, there is no lack of cougar and bear. See those quite often in fact.

Online teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 06:49:51 PM »
Congrats on the tag. There are some studs that meander through that valley coming out of the high country. Would love to draw the tag one of these years. Have fun and enjoy every minute!
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Online teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2022, 06:52:36 PM »

FINALLY!

It just takes the ONE!

I've never seen or heard a wolf or wolves in the Chiwawa unit. At least those areas of the unit I'm familiar with. It's a fairly large unit so...? I suspect it won't be long before they show up somewhere. But, there is no lack of cougar and bear. See those quite often in fact.
they are there! Seen two several years ago in a spot that I know we both have hunted. Heard two howling while at alpine meadows last august. But not chiwawa technically the Clark.
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2022, 08:51:40 PM »

FINALLY!

It just takes the ONE!

I was deep in the Chiwawa late last December and came across a single set of wolf tracks. 100% wolf. Hadn't spent much time up there in recent years and I'm pretty sure those are the first I've seen if memory serves me right. There's  definitely a group across the valley though. Cat tracks galore  throughout that whole valley as well.

Hope you tag your nice trashy buck you got the vid of. That'd be pretty special. :tup:

Offline OltHunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scout
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2022, 05:14:42 AM »
There is a confirmed new wolf pack at Shady Pass now, so yes they are around the area and most likely an unconfirmed pack or 2 as well outside of that.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2022, 05:37:09 AM »
It's inevitable there's been reported wolves calling in the Napeequa in the fall so they are making the rounds.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2022, 07:14:54 AM »
Yeah I'm hoping you tag the trashy buck too! Maybe something bigger and more trashy even!?  :tup:

Offline phildobaggins

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • big buck big buck big buck
  • Groups: RMEF, MDF
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2022, 08:15:13 AM »
There is a confirmed new wolf pack at Shady Pass now, so yes they are around the area and most likely an unconfirmed pack or 2 as well outside of that.

Link about confirmed wolf pack?

Ah, sheet: https://wdfw.wa.gov/species-habitats/at-risk/species-recovery/gray-wolf/packs

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]