collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: multi season tags  (Read 50630 times)

Offline leonpeon2

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Hunter
Re: multi season tags
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2022, 09:36:44 PM »
Believe it when I see it. Haha

Offline BassHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2022, 09:42:46 PM »
Thanks for sharing.  Hope they really do release more tags Monday.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Offline tonymiller7

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2022, 05:48:28 AM »
Believe it when I see it. Haha

No joke!

Offline bmc02

• Tracker
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2022, 10:11:21 AM »
I was selected for multi season deer second chance. When I log in to buy online I can't add to cart and is saying I need to supply hunters education certification. it appears it says that for any hunt related items I could still purchase. I did the class a long time ago, why is it telling me this now? website problems? anyone else having this problem? I'll swing by a sportsman's warehouse tomorrow and purchase in store. hopefully don't have to try and find hunters ed certificate from 30 years ago...

Offline snowshoes22

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2022, 12:20:29 PM »
My brother and I both had this problem. A quick call to the wdfw fixed it.  They had a glitch that erased the date on your certificate. They just need to put a date back into the system. The dealer can do it also but some don't want to.
"I'd rather have a slow hit than a fast miss"

Offline Griz231

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • Global Barcode - Provider of Anything and Everything Barcode
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2022, 01:06:07 PM »
Run multi-season in January (or even December), they would get more money as people haven't spent it in other states.  Then, run the regular permit draw later and people will still apply since they would look to upgrade or other species.

It's not hard to figure this stuff out if someone is so inclined.  People want to hunt, they need to plan vacations, hotels, etc.  It's not rocket science.  Still farting around with a draw 3 weeks before the season starts does not help hunters.
Agree with you 100% but you know they don't really care about hunting.  Too worried about saving the Orcas and salmon recovery which they are failing at. We all know how this state is failing with hunting and conservation. Issue is the wrong people are in charge.
 There are some good opportunities out there that do not require special permits.  A guy just has to get out there and figure it out, but the folks in charge making decisions are not helping.  Not complaining or being negative, just facts.
"I love my country, I love my guns, I love my family,
I love the way it is now and anybody that tries to change it has to come through me.
That should be all of our attitudes.
Cause this is America and a country boy is good enough for me son..."
- Charlie Daniels

Offline bmc02

• Tracker
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2022, 01:48:29 PM »
My brother and I both had this problem. A quick call to the wdfw fixed it.  They had a glitch that erased the date on your certificate. They just need to put a date back into the system. The dealer can do it also but some don't want to.

thank you very much. I will give them a call.

Offline grade-creek-rd

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #157 on: August 18, 2022, 02:55:52 PM »
Instead of having to turn in your tag to buy the MS tag (which is very confusing for vendors...heck, when my son and I went to switch out his the store had to call "WDFW" to cancel the tag, but it wasn't WDFW but Outdoor Central instead and the lady on the phone asked to talk to my son to confirm his account...He tried answering her questions but things like phone and email asociated with his account, were my contacs as I created his account when he was 9...I grabbed the phone and told the lady that she was asking questions to a juvenile and I didnt appreciate it. She then asked me the same questions and I started asking her why she needed to "confirm his account" if he provided his tag to the vendor who called her, as it has his WILD ID on it and she can see he was drawn/selected the MS tag...she then released his original tag so we could buy the MS one...imagine if he was still 9!)...instead just pay the MS fee and print out the authorization just like the special permits and carry it with you...when checked by a Game Warden they can confirm the MS tag with the WILD ID...who cares if it says archery on it if its valid for MS....or better yet, make it a stamp like Idaho. Just buy a deer tag and pick the appropriate stamp for the season, then if drawn for MS you can purchase the MS stamp and the tag remains valid/the same...

Grade
There's more to life than hunting...there's fishing too!

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #158 on: August 18, 2022, 09:12:19 PM »
Yeah I agree with Grade. It's a very cumbersome way to do it. No reason one tag should have to be turned in and replaced with another one. Just have it show up on the hunting license (which is basically just a receipt) that the person paid for the Multi season option.

Offline ASHQUACK

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #159 on: August 18, 2022, 11:00:12 PM »
I vote we go back to the days when a deer/elk tag in your pocket meant you could harvest a deer or elk with any weapon you chose to hunt with during the seasons.

Offline blackveltbowhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • BLAM
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2022, 07:29:30 AM »
I agree the tag turning in has always seemed a hassle. I have never had to do it, but have heard enough horror stories.  Its already complicated enough paying for a tag in the big game combo then not actually picking it up till you recieve multi results later.

It seems they could easily resolve it all by making the multi draw the price of the tag, and you get it or a refund.  OR make it an OTC option with the 6.00 increase for the app fee. The numbers are high enough, IMO its already oversaturated to begin with. It would eliminate all the second draw and last minute hassle. If you want to spend money and buy it go ahead,  if you want to save money that option is still available.

Online dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2022, 07:45:58 AM »
Heck I have gotten a left over multi season tag in august twice now and both times I walked out with my original deer tag and multi season tag. They should really do the multi season draw in the spring and redraw before the general season long before people all ready purchase a tag. I bet this happens often from vendors that don’t know anything.

Offline tonymiller7

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2022, 09:13:57 AM »
Hoping round 2 of notifications happen today!!!

Offline millerwheeler

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2022, 09:20:21 AM »
Heck I have gotten a left over multi season tag in august twice now and both times I walked out with my original deer tag and multi season tag. They should really do the multi season draw in the spring and redraw before the general season long before people all ready purchase a tag. I bet this happens often from vendors that don’t know anything.

Why not just educate them and tell them hey I’m suppose to forfeit the old tag , so I doesn’t keep happening and people aren’t tempted to ya know do the wrong thing , I’m sure it’s a big part of why f&g have made system such a pain since some people are keeping both tags purposely or not still not helping

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2022, 10:26:53 AM »
Hoping round 2 of notifications happen today!!!
me too.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal