collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: what not to do while smoking a brisket  (Read 5646 times)

Offline dutchmanaz

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: dutchmanaz
Re: what not to do while smoking a brisket
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2022, 04:28:54 PM »
IMO - no need for a prime grade brisket.  A choice or select have more than enough fat to keep it moist while cooking.  To me, BBQing is about taking some of the cheapest, toughest, fattiest meats and making them taste good.  Of course cheap went out the window after all the damned BBQ contests and cooking shows.  I used to by briskets for well under $1/lb 10 years ago.  Yeah - get off my lawn  :o

Just keep it simple.  Lots of good advice given.
BBq and Smoking meats are 2 different things  :twocents:

Semantics  :P.
To me BBQ IS smoking, while grilling is an entirely different (and HOT) approach.  Low and slow with wood smoke to me is BBQ.  Smoking (in my mind) can also mean this, but also cold smoking as many do with fish, cheese, etc.

How did your brisket turn out OP?

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, JCSA
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2022, 06:09:36 PM »
IMO - no need for a prime grade brisket.  A choice or select have more than enough fat to keep it moist while cooking.  To me, BBQing is about taking some of the cheapest, toughest, fattiest meats and making them taste good.  Of course cheap went out the window after all the damned BBQ contests and cooking shows.  I used to by briskets for well under $1/lb 10 years ago.  Yeah - get off my lawn  :o

Just keep it simple.  Lots of good advice given.
BBq and Smoking meats are 2 different things  :twocents:

Semantics  :P.
To me BBQ IS smoking, while grilling is an entirely different (and HOT) approach.  Low and slow with wood smoke to me is BBQ.  Smoking (in my mind) can also mean this, but also cold smoking as many do with fish, cheese, etc.

How did your brisket turn out OP?

Yes.....BBQ/Smoking is the same thing and grilling is something else. If you are Dutch, do you have a good recipe for paling?

Offline Lokaybinnity

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2022, 11:38:28 AM »
ok guys thanks for the input TBO it didn't turn out quite like the people in the vids but it was edible with good flavor and there was only a little left overs. Good crust just not that fall apart tenderness that you see with brisket i let it rest and everything cooked a total of 16 hours wrapped and unwrapped. cooked un cover overnight at 185 to 190 degrees than wrapped it and  bumped it up to 215 till it reached 202 and than wrapped it in a towel put in a cooler till we served that was about 3 hours. it was still about 140 when served. all in all it was fun the kids and fam ate it and it was good for breakfast with eggs the next morning. thanks for the pointers guys

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal