collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: No Campfires, Means NO CAMPFIRES  (Read 10752 times)

Online Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, JCSA
Re: No Campfires, Means NO CAMPFIRES
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2022, 05:58:51 PM »
I have fires, when appropriate, ban or not, I am in fire as well, like doublelunger.  There is a difference between avid/knowledgeable outdoorsman and someone who is that, plus been in fire or educated in such.  There is a lot more to it, weather, fuel types, fuel moisture, etc. that determines weather a fire would start and carry, and that even means getting anywhere from your ring/area to begin with.  We have many warming fires on the fires I'm on, just part of it, freezing your nuts off sometimes.  Common sense, plus fire knowledge does give me a leg up imo, most fires are started by dumb people, I won't let it ruin it for me.  I presume most on here are able to do the same if they choose, if you are worried, then don't, but I won't let the bad apples ruin it for me either.   

They still using those paper sleeping bags like they did back in the 1960's.......just like cotton, they will keep you warm enough to freeze to death?

Offline Gettin Birdie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: No Campfires, Means NO CAMPFIRES
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2022, 07:31:54 PM »
I have fires, when appropriate, ban or not, I am in fire as well, like doublelunger.  There is a difference between avid/knowledgeable outdoorsman and someone who is that, plus been in fire or educated in such.  There is a lot more to it, weather, fuel types, fuel moisture, etc. that determines weather a fire would start and carry, and that even means getting anywhere from your ring/area to begin with.  We have many warming fires on the fires I'm on, just part of it, freezing your nuts off sometimes.  Common sense, plus fire knowledge does give me a leg up imo, most fires are started by dumb people, I won't let it ruin it for me.  I presume most on here are able to do the same if they choose, if you are worried, then don't, but I won't let the bad apples ruin it for me either.   

They still using those paper sleeping bags like they did back in the 1960's.......just like cotton, they will keep you warm enough to freeze to death?

Sorry, I know this isn't an important topic, but I'm not sure how to see replies when made in response.  Still clicking on stuff to learn the site.  Anyways, no, but not much better :chuckle:, our station has the military bags, which I don't mind, but the bivvy could be better.  I think it's up to the cache manager in each place to determine what gear to use, as I've heard others have top notch gear, from a captain who's been elsewhere. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]