collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bull down  (Read 2072 times)

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
Bull down
« on: October 02, 2022, 05:45:07 AM »
I post this more about the bullet than the bull itself since I already put it in the elk forum. I just wanted to recommend the Barnes spitfire TMZ. I can't compare them to other bullets because it's all I've ever used on game but they have worked flawless for me, my daughter and a kid I took out a couple years ago who used my muzzy. I really can't recommend them enough. A lot of guys, myself included can't figure out what bullet to start with and I can't say why I chose the barnes back when I started using a muzzleloader but I will definitely never switch. Many of the deer shot with this bullet drop in there tracks and the bullets I have recovered expanded perfectly. This bullet was no exception. So, if you're sort of on the fence I'd recommend the Barnes TMZ. I use 290 grn because that's all they had back then but now they offer 250 grn.

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline usmc74

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA (Life), RMEF, SAF (Life), American Legion (Life), Master Hunter
Re: Bull down
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 05:54:54 AM »
Barnes is all I use.  The TMZ is tight in my barrel, so I was buying "Blue" sabots from Knight.  Now I just buy the TEZ.  The elk don't seem to mind that it isn't a boat tail.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal