collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Leadore, Idaho  (Read 9594 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Leadore, Idaho
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2022, 08:22:50 AM »
The population probably doubled in Idaho last year, a good percentage of that was from Washington.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2022/08/22/its-not-just-growth-idaho-is-also-losing-residents-and-changing-fast/

The graph in that article says in the heading above that 57k moved out of Idaho and 64k moved into Idaho. That's only plus 7k which is a far cry from doubling their population. Washington doesn't even rank on the graph. Thanks for posting.

Very interesting info in that link. 
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline dmoua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2022, 08:33:05 AM »
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline LDennis24

• Bear poker
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2022, 08:39:51 AM »
Y'all haven't even figured out what to do about western wa gates and trailheads, why try to figure out Idaho lol

I've had no issues at any western washington gates or trailheads and I've been to lots of them. My truck has been broken into once in E-WA and my entire truck and drift boat trailer were stolen while I was in the boat in E-WA.  I never saw the truck again.

Ahhh! I'm paranoid of something like this happening in some areas I have been.

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2022, 09:50:40 AM »
Sounds like there are a-holes in both ID and WA.  Probably in all parts of both states. :chuckle:

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2022, 10:04:55 AM »
There a nice people everywhere and there are jerks everywhere. I don't care which state.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2022, 11:29:02 AM »
Apparantly there is no tongue and cheek anymore on this site.  It was an anecdotal response.  See if you can google this, 72%of Washingtonians are *censored*s, where as only 43% of idahodians are.  :dunno: :chuckle:

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2022, 11:39:53 AM »
I’ve spent a good majority of my life in Idaho. My parents grew up there and I lived there for the first 7 years of my life. In my experience the people from Idaho are nice, respectful and helpful. I blew a tire near Fairfield one time. It was an oversized tire and I had no spare (my bad). A complete stranger stopped to help me. He was super nice and helped me out. You wouldn’t find that in Washington. The only people I’ve run into that were rude and disrespectful were people from Washington :dunno:. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was an out of stater that did it either. I’ve had guys yell at me saying I’m in their spot. Thought it was public land where I was. Those guys were from Washington.

Bad guys are like big bucks....they're where you find them.  My son and I, our friends (even on here, you know who you are) wont leave anyone in the woods/on the mountain, in a bind, even if it ends our plans for a day or two.  We have needed help and have passed it on several times.  Its what the good guys do.

Offline HooknoseHunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2022, 12:18:01 PM »
I wish WA license plates were easily designated by county, sometimes it hard to decipher who is/isn’t a west sider. Usually if I see the people though I can tell by the fact that they are wearing fancy hunting gear like KUIU or FirstLite. I personally would never permanently damage someone’s property like those guys in Idaho but it doesn’t hurt my feelings either.
Western Washington is a *censored*hole country

Online Huntin4Ever

• Tracker
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »
You know I really wish people wouldn't lump all west siders together. I have lived on the Olympic Peninsula my entire life, was raised hunting and fishing, loving family and respecting others. We too have to deal with the 206'ers many do not have the respect or understanding when it comes to salmon fishing and maneuvering their boats when another boat has a fish on. Many are cocky SOB's, but not everyone is, don't lump everyone in the same pot!! I enjoy hunting seasons east of the mountains and I would be willing to bet many eastsiders enjoy salmon and halibut fishing here.

Good luck to all on the upcoming hunting season.

Offline buckfvr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »
I wish WA license plates were easily designated by county, sometimes it hard to decipher who is/isn’t a west sider. Usually if I see the people though I can tell by the fact that they are wearing fancy hunting gear like KUIU or FirstLite. I personally would never permanently damage someone’s property like those guys in Idaho but it doesn’t hurt my feelings either.

I got gooned one year as I was at a road end (Bisby mt.) getting ready to head out, in pulled an older suburban with 6 guys, 4 who frantically bailed out stuffing cans of pop in their packs with sammiches, wearing jeans and sneaks, fired up fresh roonies and halled ass to beat me up the hill.  They did have fancy rifles with big scopes and bipods  :chuckle:, always wondered where they came from.

Another time same mt., right at daybreak, right where I was going to park, a good bunch of mules just crossed in front of me and stopped 20 yards off the road, 70 yards from my truck and just stood there.  No kidding, big shooter 4x4 in the group, I was out getting my rifle ready, heard a rig coming up the road, stepped to middle of the road and stopped the guy to tell him what was up, soon as I turned around to get my rifle, he pulled past me and stopped his noisy old diesel with his barking dog and looked at the deer, started frantically bailing out with his rifle, no surprise here, the deer bailed, he walks back to me and says big mature buck in the group like I just got there.  Local guy from down the road a few minutes.  Good hunt up there usually but not lately.

Knuckleheaded nimrods are everywhere.

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2022, 01:23:23 PM »

That’s a dumb way to determine where someone is from. I’m from the Spokane area and have hunted/been around the NE corner for almost 30 years. Yes I have all the fancy gear and fancy hunting equipment. Nothing hurts until you’re the victim. I don't get the big issue with others enjoying the outdoors on land that is open to the public. Where they come from or what gear they use has nothing to do with their character.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 01:33:14 PM by dmoua »
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2022, 02:05:34 PM »
Boy nothing makes me madder than people who have made good choices in life. lol

Offline MADMAX

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
  • I like big bucks and I can not lie
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2022, 02:10:23 PM »

I got gooned one year as I was at a road end (Bisby mt.) getting ready to head out, in pulled an older suburban with 6 guys, 4 who frantically bailed out stuffing cans of pop in their packs with sammiches, wearing jeans and sneaks, fired up fresh roonies and halled ass to beat me up the hill.  They did have fancy rifles with big scopes and bipods  :chuckle:, always wondered where they came from.

Another time same mt., right at daybreak, right where I was going to park, a good bunch of mules just crossed in front of me and stopped 20 yards off the road, 70 yards from my truck and just stood there.  No kidding, big shooter 4x4 in the group, I was out getting my rifle ready, heard a rig coming up the road, stepped to middle of the road and stopped the guy to tell him what was up, soon as I turned around to get my rifle, he pulled past me and stopped his noisy old diesel with his barking dog and looked at the deer, started frantically bailing out with his rifle, no surprise here, the deer bailed, he walks back to me and says big mature buck in the group like I just got there.  Local guy from down the road a few minutes.  Good hunt up there usually but not lately.

Knuckleheaded nimrods are everywhere.

Used to be respect the hunt

Now its hurrah for me and you can go “do” yourself
I Ain't Captain Walker.
I'm The Guy Who Carries Mr. Dead In His Pocket

What would life be without the thrill of the hunt ?

Offline baker5150

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Loser's Lounge - Lifetime Member
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2022, 02:18:11 PM »
The population probably doubled in Idaho last year, a good percentage of that was from Washington.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2022/08/22/its-not-just-growth-idaho-is-also-losing-residents-and-changing-fast/

The graph in that article says in the heading above that 57k moved out of Idaho and 64k moved into Idaho. That's only plus 7k which is a far cry from doubling their population. Washington doesn't even rank on the graph. Thanks for posting.

Very interesting info in that link.

I was quite surprised at the info, I never would have thought Arkansas would be up there.

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2022, 04:15:04 PM »
I will say that some of the most disrespectful hunters I have seen in Idaho were Washingtonians.
I will also say that Idahoans take a lot of work away from Washingtonians by taking jobs for such cheap wages.
What comes around goes around.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal