collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: North Cascades Grizzly Reintroduction  (Read 8237 times)

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
Re: North Cascades Grizzly Reintroduction
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2022, 07:58:37 PM »
So I am in with Special T. Who leads the charge?  What group can we rally behind in this state?

And Bone has a good point . Why in the heck would we do anything to help the Game Dept? If the science dose t matter, why give a grouse wing, report a wolf or griz? They just used the info against us  in some way. Why report how many ducks you kill at a Quality hunt site. Why be a Master Hunter or Teach Hunter Ed?

I have played by the rules all my life but why give them anything now if this is what we get?

No Predator management and less seasons based on a couple folks feelings.

GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA, JCSA
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2022, 08:07:39 PM »
If a particular animal.......(grizzly, wolf, etc.) doesn't exist in WA State, why would there be a need to include drawings of them in the hunting reg booklet comparing them to black bear and coyote? Seems overly cautious to prevent shooting animals that are not here.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2022, 08:12:10 PM »
So I am in with Special T. Who leads the charge?  What group can we rally behind in this state?

And Bone has a good point . Why in the heck would we do anything to help the Game Dept? If the science dose t matter, why give a grouse wing, report a wolf or griz? They just used the info against us  in some way. Why report how many ducks you kill at a Quality hunt site. Why be a Master Hunter or Teach Hunter Ed?

I have played by the rules all my life but why give them anything now if this is what we get?

No Predator management and less seasons based on a couple folks feelings.

You and me live in the same county so I will make this comment. Waterfowl is practically immune form the stupidity of the rest of political discussion. I have talked with several local WDFW in regards to waterfowl have not been found as angry as the rest of hunting. We have a new local regional guy Greg Mesise which I believe is much superior to Belinda the previous manger and With the Private landers manger Rob Wingard. who does Yoemans work for waterfowlers. I will echo your general distrust for the agency but mostly revolving around predator control. It is also important for us not to alienate those friends we have WITHIN the department. They also are asking the same question. Who can we trust for sportsmen in this state and who wont throw us under the buss so that we loose our jobs.

Im just guessing that Bone and Wolfbait didnt speak up because they needed the work. and even if they were so inclined who could they reach out to?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2022, 08:41:29 PM »
How I've seen it for many, many years.

Establish protocol.  Satisfy protocol.  Continue to pursue your nefarious agenda, full speed ahead without a glance over your shoulder while stifling a chuckle at the politically correct, clueless patsies in your wake.

They are gaining momentum as we lose sight of the fact.  The old strategies are not/have not worked, we need a better plan, any real plan for that matter.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2022, 07:35:39 AM »
Just another pressure ploy by the anti hunter groups to try to end hunting. However if you were to recieve any emails from these groups you would see it's all about donations. They try to pull at people's heart strings and make hunters out to be villians and killers of everything. They bombard the government with mass emails to try to get intrest drummed up. Hunters don't really have the organized effort to combat them but that's been said time and time again.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2022, 07:46:06 AM »
OK, here's a plan. How about putting the skids to some of these politicians that are screwing us, Insley in particular. How do we do that you might ask? A good start would be contributing to the https://huntersheritagecouncil.org/hhc-pac.html . Money talks in politics. How many hunters are willing to spend $300+ on an access permit to hunt. If every hunter kicked in an equal amount to what they spend on permits or gas to drive to an out of State hunt, we would have a formidable amount of lobbying power plus maybe we could elect some of our own.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:44:56 AM by Humptulips »
Bruce Vandervort

Offline hunter399

• Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2022, 07:58:34 AM »
Why don't we just make a 1000 memes around election time and drag him through the mud.
Just like every politician does. :chuckle: :chuckle:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 08:35:14 AM by hunter399 »
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2022, 08:54:38 AM »
Why don't we just make a 1000 memes around election time and drag him through the mud.

@Zardoz

:chuckle:

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2022, 09:17:21 AM »
OK, here's a plan. How about putting the skids to some of these politicians that are screwing us, Insley in particular. How do we do that you might ask? A good start would be contributing to the WWC PAC. Money talks in politics. How many hunters are willing to spend $300+ on an access permit to hunt. If every hunter kicked in an equal amount to what they spend on permits or gas to drive to an out of State hunt, we would have a formidable amount of lobbying power plus maybe we could elect some of our own.

Finally.....an effective plan.

Offline Fidelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2022, 09:35:07 AM »

Im just guessing that Bone and Wolfbait didnt speak up because they needed the work. and even if they were so inclined who could they reach out to?

As someone else who worked for the Forest Service at age 18 and 19 (one of the best experiences of my life), you are probably correct.....I also needed that work since I had developed an aversion to starving and didn't live in a world where anyone cared about my thoughts and opinions. That pre-Internet world was all about perform, do what you're told or pack your bags and go away.

Offline Zardoz

• Meme Lord
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: NRA,GOA
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2022, 07:15:56 PM »

@Zardoz

I'll be glad to help.   :tup:
“It is the responsibility of the patriot to protect his country from its government.”—Thomas Paine

Certa Bonum Certamen
SILENCE LIKE A CANCER,...GROWS.

Online wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2022, 06:01:43 AM »
There was a pack of wolves in Libby creek roughly 88-91 or so.  Wolf bait and I were both working for the forest service.  We were all taken to a conference room, where we were told, mums the word or lose our jobs. I was a 18, 19 year old kid. I could have cared less about the wolves.  It was after that sometime, and I don’t recall which reg change was first. They shut down coyote hunting durning hunting season, probably to reduce incidental kills. By all means they didn’t want to,announce, watch for wolves.  Then Alta shut down for 3 years hunting.   I really. Enjoyed some of the shed antlers I found after that, and the bucks that were around.  The year that opened up I bet it was gangbusters. This of course was them trying to establish a pack long before they finally had to announce their presence.

We ran into wolves in the 8 mile also and were told the same thing, keep your mouth shut.

We saw a couple of wolves in the 70's, and talk to a USFS employee about it, she said they knew they were there but it was advised to keep quiet about it.

Then along comes the first wolves in 70 years BS.

Quite sure you remember the 99.9% sighting of a grizzly bear on a certain timber sale, which turned out to be the timber crew rolling rocks on lunch break. USFS still threw out part of the sale to save face. It really showed their love for grizzly bears and their quest to control everything around the bear.

There are more grizzlies in WA than most people know about, they were not reported for a reason, and now even more so.
I think the grizzly bear push now will go the same way as the wolf push, release and discover. :twocents:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Explorer
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2022, 08:05:09 AM »
Grizzly bear introduction means $$ for the anti hunting groups. They use it to generate donations. Unfortunately grizzly bear hunting will never happen in the lower 48.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2022, 08:21:58 AM »
Quite sure you remember the 99.9% sighting of a grizzly bear on a certain timber sale, which turned out to be the timber crew rolling rocks on lunch break. USFS still threw out part of the sale to save face. It really showed their love for grizzly bears and their quest to control everything around the bear.

I do remember that and still get a chuckle. 

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2022, 08:22:49 AM »
Grizzly bear introduction means $$ for the anti hunting groups. They use it to generate donations. Unfortunately grizzly bear hunting will never happen in the lower 48.

I think we should dump a half dozen of them on south Navarre and see which way they go. Lol

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]