collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I think we broke the Idaho website  (Read 15096 times)

Offline Naches Sportsman

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
Re: I think we broke the Idaho website
« Reply #150 on: December 04, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »
Once the economy really crashes in the next year or two tags will be more readily available because there will be a lot fewer people with extra money for out of state hunting.
I thought we would see a decline in demand this year with gas and groceries doubling. I wonder how many people just put it on the card and worry about it later. Maybe next year will be the fall off

It’s coming for sure. Been seeing an increased number of Repo’d toys in front of banks in the last few months.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #151 on: December 04, 2022, 10:04:28 PM »
Dilleytech, I respectfully disagree and think you're comparing apples and oranges.  Montana use to be a guaranteed draw every year whereas now you can generally draw it every two years. I know guys who haven't drawn it in the last two years though because even a simple draw system is subject to point creep. Idaho would be similar and the point creep would eventually make some of the more desirable tags unobtainable to most.

Draw systems with points are not the answer or solution, rather getting rid of the loopholes in their current system is imho. If you're going to make people go into a virtual lobby, then don't sell tags over the phone, in person or allow others to login for their group after buying their tag. They should also establish different days for deer and elk sales to reduce traffic on their website and minimize the risk of crashing like it did this year. :twocents:
Agreed

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #152 on: December 04, 2022, 11:19:11 PM »
The dumbest thing any of us can do is push for a draw. Idaho has already hinted at points systems, also known as " loss of accountability ". And the best we could hope is they implement a system with no points, but then you have complete loss of control at least in theory.

One of two things would help greatly, increase tag costs until demand tapers. Or close the vendor loophole. Its a NON resident hunt, if they want to keep that option, then it needs to open them at different times to clean up the process.

Im all for a draw on this. This current system is garbage! Make it a draw with no points and what ever is underdrawn will be first come first serve

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2022, 12:51:03 AM »
 :yeah: Was talking to a friend about this. Make it like New Mexico.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2022, 07:23:49 AM »
Once the economy really crashes in the next year or two tags will be more readily available because there will be a lot fewer people with extra money for out of state hunting.

And once gas is 5$ a gallon no one will want to drive 1000 miles to go hunt.. oh wait..  :chuckle:

:rolleyes:  I've put 9000 miles on my truck this year just driving back and forth across WA.   :dunno:  The trip plays h&// on my back but the time between is worth it so far. 
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #155 on: December 05, 2022, 07:40:19 AM »
I think there will be allot of retuned tags this year because people took whatever was left just to jump on the hunt Idaho train not realizing where their stops are.

The unit we hunt is 80 percent private, 15 percent timber co, and the rest NF.  Pretty sure some guys are looking over the unit after their selection and scratching their heads.

Besides selling deer and elk in different weeks, maybe they slow release deer tags by a dozen units at a time.
That way holding out for a coveted mule deer tag may mean not hunting at all...I dunno. Just spitballin ideas.

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #156 on: December 05, 2022, 07:55:32 AM »
The dumbest thing any of us can do is push for a draw. Idaho has already hinted at points systems, also known as " loss of accountability ". And the best we could hope is they implement a system with no points, but then you have complete loss of control at least in theory.

One of two things would help greatly, increase tag costs until demand tapers. Or close the vendor loophole. Its a NON resident hunt, if they want to keep that option, then it needs to open them at different times to clean up the process.

Im all for a draw on this. This current system is garbage! Make it a draw with no points and what ever is underdrawn will be first come first serve

This is kinda how it is right now... You just have to be present for the random draw at a specific time and be assigned a random number to buy your tag.

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline dilleytech

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #157 on: December 05, 2022, 07:56:19 AM »

Exactly my point. Hunters will hunt even if prices double. If they can fix the system, stop in person and over the phone tag purchase and fix the website. Then that would help but I would prefer having a chance at an easy to draw tag then the zero chance at a tag I had this year. When I logged in and the website was down. 

And once gas is 5$ a gallon no one will want to drive 1000 miles to go hunt.. oh wait..  :chuckle:

:rolleyes:  I've put 9000 miles on my truck this year just driving back and forth across WA.   :dunno:  The trip plays h&// on my back but the time between is worth it so far.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]