collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I think we broke the Idaho website  (Read 15115 times)

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: RMEF
Re: I think we broke the Idaho website
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2022, 10:10:49 AM »
Guys need to stop saying go to draw. Fix the sale system but we DO NOT need another draw system  :twocents:
But if it’s a draw then they won’t have to be dedicated, just lucky, c’mon Karl it’s not fair to the guys who don’t care enough to persevere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2022, 10:11:54 AM »
Also in case anybody is interested it looks like there are still quite a few panhandle B tags, and some Lolo tags for elk. I figure the Panhandle tags are probably more intriguing

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2022, 10:33:25 AM »
Guys need to stop saying go to draw. Fix the sale system but we DO NOT need another draw system  :twocents:
But if it’s a draw then they won’t have to be dedicated, just lucky, c’mon Karl it’s not fair to the guys who don’t care enough to persevere

Its a lottery/draw now if you use the online system.

Offline fishngamereaper

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2022, 10:53:05 AM »
Just wait for the in person shire show next year...

I'm guessing day in advance lines, security fence etc...

Offline vandeman17

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Explorer
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2022, 11:07:03 AM »
Just wait for the in person shire show next year...

I'm guessing day in advance lines, security fence etc...

It will look like the streets of any big city with all the tents outside vendors
" I have hunted almost every day of my life, the rest have been wasted"

Offline deerhunter_98520

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Chief Executive Head Anarchist of YKWTSASFFRO
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2022, 11:45:15 AM »
We were lucky enough to get 3 in my group. Glad I got back on last night to check to see what was left. After 7.5hr wait it was finally my turn with only 23 tags left
Official hunt-wa bigfoot field researcher!

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2022, 11:54:45 AM »
Also in case anybody is interested it looks like there are still quite a few panhandle B tags, and some Lolo tags for elk. I figure the Panhandle tags are probably more intriguing

Its kind of funny.  This is a popular tag among locals, hence the higher limit for Panhandle B than Panhandle A.  However, people coming from out of state (IMO) are more hard core than the locals and prefer the A tag.  It goes directly against the idea that out of staters are somehow lazy or ruining things.  Cant hardly give those B tags away to out of staters.

Really, that B tag hunt isn't a bad hunt, you get the first week of archery, AND this year the bulls were still bugling when the B taggers went out with rifles.

I'm a resident now and still hunt the A season but have thought long and hard about that B tag.

Offline idahohuntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2022, 12:08:41 PM »
I see two courses of action:

1. Go to a draw.  This would let people apply as groups and ensure families and friends can hunt together as opposed to the chaos now.  For those concerned about not getting any available tag...let hunters list 10 choices and your 10 choices get looked at before they move to the next app.  Tag fees have to be fronted, but will be refunded (along with Lic. refund) if you do not draw.

2. Keep the current system but only allow online sales...eliminate in-person and phone purchases.  Right now, the system is heavily slanted to those who drive over, those who have license vendor buddies, etc.  Make it a truly fair process.  And of course, get the system fixed so it can handle the influx that will come with a shotgun start.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." - TR

Offline andrew_in_idaho

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2022, 12:46:08 PM »

Yea but if they make it an actual draw with a window of time to apply the odds will be far worse. As it is now you must be dedicated to sit on the online system or phone for a period of time to get a tag, if it goes to an actual draw you will have 10 times the applicants as now. I guess all I’m saying is be careful what you wish for because you just might get it and you probably won’t actually like it in the end

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2022, 01:00:18 PM »

Yea but if they make it an actual draw with a window of time to apply the odds will be far worse. As it is now you must be dedicated to sit on the online system or phone for a period of time to get a tag, if it goes to an actual draw you will have 10 times the applicants as now. I guess all I’m saying is be careful what you wish for because you just might get it and you probably won’t actually like it in the end

this. Draws are bad news for guys who want tags.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline Mtnwalker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2022, 01:12:58 PM »

1. Go to a draw.  This would let people apply as groups and ensure families and friends can hunt together as opposed to the chaos now.  For those concerned about not getting any available tag...let hunters list 10 choices and your 10 choices get looked at before they move to the next app.  Tag fees have to be fronted, but will be refunded (along with Lic. refund) if you do not draw.

2. Keep the current system but only allow online sales...eliminate in-person and phone purchases.  Right now, the system is heavily slanted to those who drive over, those who have license vendor buddies, etc.  Make it a truly fair process.  And of course, get the system fixed so it can handle the influx that will come with a shotgun start.

Do it all online, allow groups of 2 or 4 to get in line together. Make the virtual waiting room like 4-6 hours instead of 30 minutes so it doesn't crash the system. Idno just spit ballin' here...

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2022, 01:13:32 PM »

Good point.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline zwickeyman

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2022, 01:20:07 PM »

Item #2 will happen

I live in Idaho and went to a local vendor and picked up an Elk tag for a buddy. He was # 4219 in the Que and might or might not have gotten his tag. Met 2 guys there that drove from Minnesota to get their tags. Took me about 2 hours

The dealers are not happy how this is going down and will complain like crazy. I did spend 100 bucks while I was there so he shouldnt bitch :)

With out going to a draw it needs to go to the computer only, no phone in and no walk ins
The mountains are calling and I must go

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2022, 02:13:14 PM »
And if you're going to freeze the online sales it needs to stop via phone and in person. That was my biggest gripe. Purging tags everywhere else except for the poor schmuck on his lunch break staring at his iphone.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline The scout

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2022, 02:20:05 PM »
My only real problem with the system is that we should be able to at least do partners somehow. Been hunting Idaho since 2002 and the last 2 years my group has not had the same unit. We have been spread all over and gotten sudden units each year. It’s hard to go to a brand new spot every year. Bout the time you get it figured out it’s on to the next unit.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal