collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: .260 Rem Vs 6.5 creedmor  (Read 5764 times)

Offline Cougartail

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: .260 Rem Vs 6.5 creedmor
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2023, 06:39:39 AM »
In my opinion there isn't enough difference between the 2 to really matter.... if you reload, go 260, if you're going to buy ammo, go Creedmoor..

Try going to gun range with a 260 while rocking a manbun.  :chuckle:

When splitting hairs the small things matter..
Did Trump hurt your feelings?

I only seem like a macho guy if you have low T and you listen to the Village  People

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2023, 10:37:23 PM »
In my opinion there isn't enough difference between the 2 to really matter.... if you reload, go 260, if you're going to buy ammo, go Creedmoor..

:chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline dmoua

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2023, 09:29:52 AM »
Flip a coin and pick one. I have a 6.5CM and have nothing bad to say about it. Easy to load for and it flat out hammers.
Instagram @dmoua_outdoors

Youtube channel DMOUA OUTDOORS
https://www.youtube.com/user/YeXuSsOlDiEr

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2023, 04:14:07 PM »

LOL -- How did you know I had a man-bun   :chuckle: 

Offline 300rum

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2023, 07:02:20 AM »
Just get a .270 Winchester.  It's better then both of them for a number of really good reasons and you only have to pull the bolt back juuust a little bit more (I know you will be able to do it!).  You can also put your thumb over the tang of your rifle instead of laying it alongside the stock. 

Let's face it, if you can't get within 400 yards of an animal you don't know how to hunt very good anyway. 

You will also save a ton of money with a .270.  You can hunt in actual blue jeans or wool pants and you aren't required to buy or wear gaiters in the same camo pattern that matches your stock.  You don't have to dress in drag with that man bra for your binoculars either. 

You will also save weight with a .270, your "kill kit" is a knife, as in one knife.  You won't need a rollup "kill kit", or that butt-out tool you carry or that gimmicky knife that you change the razor blades in all the time.  You will have to learn how to sharpen a knife on a stone when you carry a .270, that's one requirement.       

The downside is won't look like a tactical timmy at the gas pump in the morning and you will be required to put down your phone and play real card games like poker.
 You will aslo have to give up your dungeons and dragons, at least when you are at camp.           

Offline crabcreekhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2023, 10:35:02 PM »
Just get a .270 Winchester.  It's better then both of them for a number of really good reasons and you only have to pull the bolt back juuust a little bit more (I know you will be able to do it!).  You can also put your thumb over the tang of your rifle instead of laying it alongside the stock. 

Let's face it, if you can't get within 400 yards of an animal you don't know how to hunt very good anyway. 

You will also save a ton of money with a .270.  You can hunt in actual blue jeans or wool pants and you aren't required to buy or wear gaiters in the same camo pattern that matches your stock.  You don't have to dress in drag with that man bra for your binoculars either. 

You will also save weight with a .270, your "kill kit" is a knife, as in one knife.  You won't need a rollup "kill kit", or that butt-out tool you carry or that gimmicky knife that you change the razor blades in all the time.  You will have to learn how to sharpen a knife on a stone when you carry a .270, that's one requirement.       

The downside is won't look like a tactical timmy at the gas pump in the morning and you will be required to put down your phone and play real card games like poker.
 You will aslo have to give up your dungeons and dragons, at least when you are at camp.         
But I like my Dungeons and dragons!  Haha great post, funny how you recommend the .270 whinny have shot a lot more game with that than I ever will any other cartridge I imagine and more than adequate.  I guess this rifle will be more steel/target/rock based than animal but can use it in a pinch.  .270 winchester will always be in the cleanup spot.
"Courage is simply fear that has said its prayers"

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2023, 11:13:34 PM »
Didn't you have a 270 Ackley at some point crab?
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2023, 07:53:03 AM »
I'm just glad I have a 25-06 and a .270 in my gun safe, right next to the red plaid wool shirt.  :chuckle:

Offline buckfvr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2023, 08:45:56 AM »
I'm just glad I have a 25-06 and a .270 in my gun safe, right next to the red plaid wool shirt.  :chuckle:

:tup: :tup:

I look back at when I sold my .270 as a very sad day now.  If I could only have one, that would be it.

Offline Gettin Birdie

• Hunter
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2023, 09:45:13 AM »

:tup: :tup:

I look back at when I sold my .270 as a very sad day now.  If I could only have one, that would be it.

My dad traded for a Winchester .270 Black Shadow, that was won at a RMEF banquet years ago and gave it to me.  It's been a hell of a gun, and tack driver for the price, many harvested with that plain jane, wouldn't ever sell it, but getting into the "other calibers" now and want to shoot LR, so got a 6.5 and want to build a custom gun.  Always will fall back on the .270 though!  Black Shadow strikes again! 

Offline MHWASH

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2023, 10:31:01 AM »
For the applications your talking I'd go with the Creedmoor. In general the CM seems more accurate in factory rifles. I've had both, but kept the CM because of the rifle, Tikka vs the model 7 .260.

The 6.5 in either flavor will be more enjoyable to shoot than the .270 or 6.5-06. Not to mention the 6.5 will equal then exceed the .270 once you hit 400 and beyond.

Offline Damnimissed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2023, 10:57:19 PM »
For the applications your talking I'd go with the Creedmoor. In general the CM seems more accurate in factory rifles. I've had both, but kept the CM because of the rifle, Tikka vs the model 7 .260.

The 6.5 in either flavor will be more enjoyable to shoot than the .270 or 6.5-06. Not to mention the 6.5 will equal then exceed the .270 once you hit 400 and beyond.

I’m gonna disagree with you with the 270’s advantage out to only 400yds. It’s a lot farther than that, especially with hand loads like my RL26 load with 150gr AB’s at 3100fps. With modern bullets and powders available nowadays, the 270win walks all over the 6.5 creedmoor out to as far as you should ethically shoot at game, but with more recoil, as you mentioned.

Offline Kauaiian

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Hunter
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2023, 04:41:39 PM »

I’m gonna disagree with you with the 270’s advantage out to only 400yds. It’s a lot farther than that, especially with hand loads like my RL26 load with 150gr AB’s at 3100fps. With modern bullets and powders available nowadays, the 270win walks all over the 6.5 creedmoor out to as far as you should ethically shoot at game, but with more recoil, as you mentioned.

You have rl26? Soooooo jealous.  :chuckle:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2023, 04:58:42 PM »
General question. Just curious what the allure is to 6.5. Is it because it’s a little less recoil? Something “new”? Or is it really that awesome? 

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »
General question. Just curious what the allure is to 6.5. Is it because it’s a little less recoil? Something “new”? Or is it really that awesome?
basically just lower recoil. Every shooter on planet earth is gonna be more accurate the lighter the recoil. Lots of the 6.5 chamberings offer lighter recoil with some slick high b.c. bullets.

As the saying goes, "confidence kills".  Guys easily build confidence with a creedmoor, etc because they can shoot them well and shoot them more often.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 08:43:32 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg