collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: .260 Rem Vs 6.5 creedmor  (Read 5778 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: .260 Rem Vs 6.5 creedmor
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2023, 05:13:05 PM »
General question. Just curious what the allure is to 6.5. Is it because it’s a little less recoil? Something “new”? Or is it really that awesome?

For starters there is a ton of hype, LOL. But considering the smaller case capacity and light recoil it does a fantastic job, the 6.5 bullets have a high bc so this chambering will match larger rifle chamberings at long range, while still being very comfortable to shoot.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline MHWASH

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2023, 12:14:00 PM »
General question. Just curious what the allure is to 6.5. Is it because it’s a little less recoil? Something “new”? Or is it really that awesome?

For starters there is a ton of hype, LOL. But considering the smaller case capacity and light recoil it does a fantastic job, the 6.5 bullets have a high bc so this chambering will match larger rifle chamberings at long range, while still being very comfortable to shoot.

This is 100% why I have a 6.5. I had 3 260's before I bought the Creedmoor.

Offline jrebel

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Explorer
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2023, 03:25:18 PM »
I've loaded for a lot of calibers......270, 30-06, 300wm, 300wsm, .243, 7-08, etc. etc. etc., and the 6.5's always surprise me with how easy they are to work a load for and how accurate they are.  Recoil is comparable to 7-08 and .308 in my opinion...which is very manageable for most shooters.  My family has killed deer and bear with the creedmoor and it has proven to be a formidable caliber with devastating down range terminal ballistics.  I would have no problem taking elk or even moose with the 6.5 creedmoor out to 400-500 yards with a good bullet. 

All that being said, with the right bullet, the .260 will do the same.  That is the beauty of todays caliber options......lots of good options.  It's also the curse....makes it hard to decide.   :chuckle: :chuckle:

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2023, 04:44:25 PM »

All that being said, with the samebullet, the .260 will do the same.  That is the beauty of todays caliber options......lots of good options.  It's also the curse....makes it hard to decide.   :chuckle: :chuckle:

Fixed it for you.  :chuckle:

Offline Kauaiian

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Hunter
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2023, 05:34:49 PM »
Just realized your current rifle is a 6.5-06. If you are still deciding between the creed and the 260, I would say 260 would be a better build on that long action. You will be able to seat your bullet further and free up case capacity for powder if you’re loading your own. In this case, the 260 has the advantage.

Offline crabcreekhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2023, 07:54:17 PM »
You all talked me out of doing either.  Going to chamber up another 6.5-06AI and keep shooting it.  It is just too simple and brass is too easy to obtain.
"Courage is simply fear that has said its prayers"

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2023, 09:01:44 PM »
You all talked me out of doing either.  Going to chamber up another 6.5-06AI and keep shooting it.  It is just too simple and brass is too easy to obtain.

WINNER!!!!!
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2023, 10:35:55 PM »
 Well if you were prepping for the CM, go ahead and make a appointment to have SportClips remove the man bun! :rolleyes:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline crabcreekhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2023, 09:09:22 AM »
Well if you were prepping for the CM, go ahead and make a appointment to have SportClips remove the man bun! :rolleyes:
Backcountry hack... man bun is nature's packable pillow!
"Courage is simply fear that has said its prayers"

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2023, 12:33:13 PM »
Backcountry hack... man bun is nature's packable pillow!

:chuckle:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal