86 (26.5%)
Out of state
52 (16%)
Done hunting Washington
29 (9%)
Multi season tag
4 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author Topic: 2023 Special draw  (Read 26227 times)

Offline haftard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: 2023 Special draw
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2023, 03:16:31 PM »
well when my wife, father, and father in law all have 13+ points for all categories its kinda a pissoff when my friend gets a the tag we wanted on 2 points. washington is such a joke anymore. I will only be puting in for points this year so i can declare my wepon after the draws are out.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2023, 03:27:38 PM »
Where is the box for both east/west ??   😁 multi elk rulzz!
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Ridgerunner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2023, 03:47:29 PM »
Let's hope that multi season elk pays off for  you, time to go all in on bull, quality and cow tags buddy!!!!!

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2023, 03:55:33 PM »
Let's hope that multi season elk pays off for  you, time to go all in on bull, quality and cow tags buddy!!!!!

Watch him draw all 3 😂

Least we can return tags now right ?

Offline D-Rock425

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2023, 04:36:30 PM »
I'd like to change my answer now that I've drawn multi season elk.

Offline Ridgerunner

• Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2023, 05:05:58 PM »
If he doesn't draw one of the three he might be in a walker by the time he does. 

Offline Rigby416

• Tracker
    • 23315 127th Ave NE
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2023, 09:39:58 PM »
I suck in the Elk draw ... AGAIN!

Offline TD3939

• Pilgrim
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2023, 12:46:17 PM »
Another year with reduced opportunity in this state.  Going to continue to decline as long as the game animals and resources are managed by *censored*s that would prefer we not hunt at all.  My other gripes are the introduction of wolves , the loss of hound hunting to control the cats and the complete failure of the state to deal with the tribes and their blatant abuse of the bull elk in the Colockum and the Mule deer in the Entiat.  All of which are reducing our opportunity and tag quotas.
 We're paying more for less and it's just not going to get better.  We who fund this by paying more every year are at the absolute bottom of the list of "who to make happy" or even hear... Sorry for the rant but when I see "Not selected" again inspite of my 27 points, I'm going to be irritated again.

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2023, 07:44:25 PM »
Another year with reduced opportunity in this state.  Going to continue to decline as long as the game animals and resources are managed by *censored*s that would prefer we not hunt at all.  My other gripes are the introduction of wolves , the loss of hound hunting to control the cats and the complete failure of the state to deal with the tribes and their blatant abuse of the bull elk in the Colockum and the Mule deer in the Entiat.  All of which are reducing our opportunity and tag quotas.
 We're paying more for less and it's just not going to get better.  We who fund this by paying more every year are at the absolute bottom of the list of "who to make happy" or even hear... Sorry for the rant but when I see "Not selected" again inspite of my 27 points, I'm going to be irritated again.

Your setting yourselves up for failure, I understand alot of things suck but when you got to put in for tags...look at the odds and set your goals realistically...27 points over then next few years will give you excellent odds in plenty of units...if you put in for tags with 1-2% odds of drawing it really doesn't matter that you have 27 points..its basically a random at that point...this is why some states do a split of tag allocations like Utah & AZ

I have 22 moose points with less then 1% odds of drawing...prolly won't be making many plans to hunt moose

Offline TD3939

• Pilgrim
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2023, 08:37:20 PM »
Your setting yourselves up for failure, I understand alot of things suck but when you got to put in for tags...look at the odds and set your goals realistically...27 points over then next few years will give you excellent odds in plenty of units...if you put in for tags with 1-2% odds of drawing it really doesn't matter that you have 27 points..its basically a random at that point...this is why some states do a split of tag allocations like Utah & AZ

I have 22 moose points with less then 1% odds of drawing...prolly won't be making many plans to hunt moose

I understand your point.  My point is that our resource which we pay for, is so grossly mismanaged that our opportunities are reduced every year.  And it irritates me.  If the predators were controlled (the 2 legged ones along with the 4 legged variety) there would be 3 times the "quality" tags available and maybe this wouldn't be a once in a lifetime hunt.  As it stands now with point creep and the reduction in tags it's more like once in 2 lifetimes...I can see why many people on this site just give up and start hunting in other states.  Ok I'm done with my yearly rant.

Offline blackpowderhunter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2023, 06:09:47 AM »
anyone else get the email from WDFW yesterday that special draw applications are now available to purchase...yet the regs with the permit numbers and details won't be available for a few more weeks? Kinda greedy on how they want our money now, but will let us know what we can apply for later.

Grade
or maybe.
just maybe its because people have to buy a new fishing license, and some people like to buy and pay for EVERYTHING at once and they would also then be annoyed if they had to buy a new fishing license, then go back and buy permits.
i swear to god, i have just as much disdain as the next person for the management of the fish and wild life in this state, but ya'll love to complain without looking at both sides of the coin sometimes.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2023, 06:47:58 AM »
If he doesn't draw one of the three he might be in a walker by the time he does.
:chuckle: not far from the truth!  I'll be 54 this hunting season, I'm not a marathon runner, not in bad shape but could be better.  Was talking with Jackalope about this subject the other day, I'm starting to get to the point where I have to seriously research some of the goat units to make sure it's even possible now.  Hate having to worry or think that my best, hardest hunts are behind me.  I love a physically hard hunt, but they are starting to hurt.  I'm putting all my eggs in one basket this year but leaving out the cow elk hunts.  I have over 25 points on cow and I want to partner up with a few of my buddies one year for a good hunt for all of us and they don't have an east side tag this year, it seems the best cow hunts for a big camp are on the east side.  The green river would be great but no camping and that's what I want most out of that cow hunt.  I'll be quality elk, eastside, one bow one muzzy and then bull west side, muzzy.  Sure love this multi elk tag!! 
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline C-Money

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
  • Self proclaimed 3pt master
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2023, 06:49:51 AM »
This will be the last year my youngest will be eligible for youth tags. Kinda sad.
I felt like a one legged cat trying to bury a terd on a frozen pond!

Offline teanawayslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2023, 07:00:12 AM »
the last time I drew multi elk I drew my quality elk tag that I normally put in for. 180 bucks went down the drain :chuckle:
Happiness is being in the woods!!!

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2023, 07:14:19 AM »
the last time I drew multi elk I drew my quality elk tag that I normally put in for. 180 bucks went down the drain :chuckle:

Hate when that happens.   :chuckle: 
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]