collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cabela's "Perfekt™" 7" Hikers by Meindl  (Read 6928 times)

Offline Wahoo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Cabela's "Perfekt™" 7" Hikers by Meindl
« on: June 19, 2009, 01:12:17 PM »
I am planning on buying these boots soon and was wondering if anybody on here has any personal experience with them. Would you recommend them or not? Thanks,

Offline Little John

• Hunter
Re: Cabela's "Perfekt™" 7" Hikers by Meindl
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:28:25 PM »
My bro has the hikers and i have the hunters. They are great , Lots of support. I've heard guys complain about them being too stiff, but I am very happy with mine. Had them for a year and a half. My hunting parter got tierd of listening to me and went out and got a pair and loves them too.

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »
I love mine. I'm pretty tough on boots and the last pair lasted me around 18 months, work and hunting/hiking ....everyday wear. 

They do make a weird squeak in the toe...? Both pairs have done it. 

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Ive been looking to get a pair of em before this up coming season......I need stiff boots Im hard on any boot

Offline Wahoo

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 02:15:34 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I was considering the hunters but was worried about the 400 grams of Thinsulate for early seasons and I am thinking the hiker will be better for backpack hunts. I have heard that greasing the heck out of the tongue will help with the squeak.

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »
I have tried oiling, baby powder...it is tough to get rid of the squeak. 

I wear my hiking boots year round in snowshoes, rain...they are really built well.  i avoided the insulated pair for the same reason.

Offline SuperDave

• Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »
I've got a pair of the perfekt hunters and when they were new, they really squeeked, still do a bit, but are getting better. If I had to do it again, I would probably look at a diffrent boot!

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
i was looking at the perfect hikers but did not buy them because of the 400 grams of thinsulate figured they would be to warm for september so i went with the meindl denalis and love them best boot i have ever owned

Offline Jamieb

• Past Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »
My last pair of hunting boots were Perfekt's. The plan was to wear them to work for a couple of weeks to get them good and broke in. They were so comfortable that  they became my work and hunting boots for about 1 1/2 years. I have no dobt that they would have lasted a few years if I wasnt wearing them every day, I'm pretty hard on work boots. I replaced them with the Alaskan hunters just to try them out. My next boot will be perfekts again.

Offline Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
I've had em all and hands down the Alaskans are the toughest.  I can't wear em out. Between coyotes, turkeys, coyotes, deer, coyotes, elk, coyotes, they have never let me down.  Also they are the only meindl boots I have owned that have never leaked on me.  Killer boot worth every penny.  I will buy a another pair if I can ever wear these things out.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline cohoho

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Frontiersman
  • Sturgeon Time Yet????
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 03:59:26 PM »
I got the Meindl IQ Memory uninsulated recently, best out of the box fitting boots I have ever have, three five mile hikes and they haven't even rubbed or slipped anywhere and no hot spots at all.  Spot on perfect.....  My feet are dork-ed up and these are awesome.  I was buying a pair of really expensive Russells hand crafted boots till calling their staff on three separate occasions and getting really rude answers and replies, so said the heck with them, cancelled my order, drove to Cabelas and tried on six different pairs of all three top Meindl's and the IQ were the best for me.  Plus not made in China, rather support the Germans then the Chinese....

Offline Intruder

• Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »
Been wearing Meindl boots for about 15 years... have had some problems but they've stood behind em and overall think they are awesome boots.  Will likely buy them again when I need a new pair. 

Never worn the actual boot you're lookin at though.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal