collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: where to hunt.?.  (Read 1600 times)

Offline let.it.fly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
where to hunt.?.
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
hey guys. this is my first year hunting western washingotn. i have been hunting winthrop for the last couple years but i only get a few days each year to hunt the east side. as a matter of fact this is only my second year bear hunting. i had a shot on a bear last year that i believe would have broke the 500 lb mark. i missed him at sixty yards. my arrow was inches high. well i would love to hunt issaquah, taylor mountain area but i have no idea where to start. i have been studying the hell out of the topo maps and satalite photos but its all greek to me. any ideas would be greatly appreciated(give an oif veteran a little help). thanks in advance guys. i am also open to getting together with a local guide for a few days of scouting.

Offline Timmybob

• Hunter
Re: where to hunt.?.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 11:49:32 PM »
Issaquah??? Those aren't bears..Those are tree hugging Seattlites...Do yourself a favor and head towards the coast man...JMO. Too many people up there above Issaquah....Again JMO..

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:58:11 AM »
I would suggest posting in the Introduction thread and tell a little about yourself. Post some stories and pics around the site and then ask your questions. Most people are willing to help out if we know a bit about you.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:04:03 AM »
You really need to get out there and do some scouting now. That way you can learn where the animals are. Get away from the roads and you should do well
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline let.it.fly

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:15:16 AM »
thanks guys. i just found this website yesterday and im kinda ashamed to say but every chance i have had i was back on here just perusing. im 25, i live in renton in a crapy appartment, lol. i dont have many stories about hunting but war staries?, i have plenty. i was a corpman in the us navy for five years.(ask any marine and he/she will tell you that corpman might as well be marines) i lived in okinawa japan for three years, during that time i was deployed to iraq, thialand, korea, india, philipenes, pakistan and sri lanka. i have done the mojority of my hunting in missouri. since i have been back in this state all my serious hunting has been done in the methow valley. my perfered method is beating the brush but i am not agiants a treestand or ground blind. i shot my biggest buck from a ground blind (135 + 10 point white tail, shelbyville missouri). i will be out this weekend scouting so maybe i will see you guys out there. just look for the 6 ft 4 inch ginger packin around a bed mat and sleeping bag. see you guys out there

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]