collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Melissa Bachman shoots called in bear  (Read 19168 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: Melissa Bachman shoots called in bear
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 08:56:24 PM »
with that gator she is shootin a monster a dang fast bow i don't know what she shot the bear with but it seemed to take a bit for the arrow to get there i would say it was farther than 36 yards i would say like 45 what you guys think and camera angle is one thing but that arrow was still not a great shot but like said anyone who has hunted much has done it but i would like to see the tape of the from shot to dead distance 40 yards seems a bit to close to me with that impact :dunno:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline tomy salami

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 09:13:33 PM »
Who hasn't shanked a shot? Nobody here post vids of it when they do, though. And they do not try to profit from it either. She should only set a good example if she is to put it on TV. If it was a clean shot, she should have shown the tracking, and the aftermath, to prove it.

Watch the video wamuley. Tell me she didn't get him the intestines.

As for her appearance, she is on TV. She gets to be held to a higher standard, especially if she is going to use her stack as bait. Hell, she aint even a seven by local standards.
..............as always, offering sobering truth.

Offline cascademountainhunter

• Longhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »
looks exiting. wonder how far it went?

Offline KimberRich

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 01:03:52 PM »
May not be a great bow shot but..., at least if she has children looks like they will not go hungry

:chuckle: :chuckle:

Hilarious. 

Offline KimberRich

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 01:08:02 PM »
Pigtails, cammo, and a pair does not always equate to attractive. Stats like that are a dime a doz. Looked at her site, she is only 25...........figured her for 35. She aint got much of a shelf life.

Don't try to fulfill your fantasy, wamuley.............switch hittin' not my thing. I just have discriminating tastes.

Why get all fired up about the way that boot looks.........the real tragedy is not her appearance, but the animal she poked in the colon.

I've got plenty of Dimes..  Let's see a couple Dozen.   

Obviously the shows are putting the attractive ladies on them for ratings..  Who watches the majority of the outdoor and hunting shows? Men.  We all watch "Crush" with Lee and Tiffany to see what Lee does right??  Probably not..

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 02:47:42 PM »
She got the bear down quick - according to details I read you guys posted here. Seems like it was sufficient enough to do it in one shot and that is important for a lot of people.

Not sure I would ever take that shot. I don't use the compound so I cannot say for certain it was a good or bad situation for taking a shot. Maybe that trigger and letoff is part of the problem with temptation. The bear didn't sit still long enough for me to be comfortable at taking an archery shot. With my gear I would mostly be concerned about the range of the animal. It seemed too far for a traditional bow. With a rifle I could see myself taking a shot. Although I still prefer them to sit still. It kind of looked like a split second decision for her to shoot the bear or watch it wander into the woods forever.

By the way it did look like a gut shot. She's kinda cute. Not a knockout.

Offline fisheral87

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/home.php
  • Groups: WSCPA, BHA
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2009, 10:03:09 AM »
She is supposed to be a pro so the expectation of skill is there, and even with the nice front end, she kinda looks like a dude.  :twocents:
"Luck is a dividend of sweat, the more you sweat the luckier you get." - Ray Kroc

Offline adam.WI

• Scout
  • the pup
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2009, 11:35:29 AM »
She is supposed to be a pro so the expectation of skill is there, and even with the nice front end, she kinda looks like a dude.  :twocents:
I ain't never seen a dude that looks like that.

Not to just pick out your statement, but the term pro should be used loosely. She's on TV not some national championship that actually judges her skills. Have you ever watched most of the guys on those hunting shows, there form sucks and they almost all wide up and swing at the trigger when they shoot. The people that are on the shows are there because of there connections, or ambition, not abilities.

Offline fisheral87

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/home.php
  • Groups: WSCPA, BHA
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
True, but I feel like there is an expectation that cuz they are on TV that their skills are supposed to be better. Whether that is a valid expectation is debatable. There is a fella on VS. their I watched hunting the dry side for whiteys on private land, took a shot at a buck walking sidehill that I though was pretty far back as well. They showed that one. The guy is kind of weird, saw him kinda argue with a guide on one show about how to approach an area, don't guide the guide man. I'm sure it was the camera angle.  :chuckle:

...she just ain't all that attractive IMO.
"Luck is a dividend of sweat, the more you sweat the luckier you get." - Ray Kroc

Offline tomy salami

• Scout
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
Nobody want to see gutshots on TV...........Maybe it wasn't, who knows. Looked like one from my house.

One the other hand, when I watch TV, I like women to be not only competent, but decidedly attractive. Politics aside, Fox News does a fine job of finding women who can speak and look good enough to make me want to listen to them.

VS certainly could find a better looking girl to shoot bears in the stomach. She is 25. Always with makeup on or some sort of pseudo sniper face paint getup. I know for a fact, she is a throwback in real life. Ample racks are easy to find, lets just make sure they screw a good face on her before putting her on TV.

Remember, as the consumer, we have the right to demand this. If she was much better looking, perhaps I would make the time to watch her show. Perhaps the present offering is why I never heard of her/nor will I watch.

Those two Canadian fishing chicks on TV almost have a cult following, and one of them has a damn beak! We should expect more from these guys.

Offline luvtohnt

• Sourdough
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »
Pretty funny, I think any and all people that are on TV are there because they are good at selling a product. They don't need skill or good looks, just the ability to make you think there product is the best. Mellisa is a pro staffer for North American Hunting Club so she has probably worked her way through the organization by other means than selling. Heck maybe they just wanted any woman to apply for the position to attract a different viewer base and she was the only one willing to fill the spot. I think any woman who is willing to step forward and take a place in a male dominate sport, has gotta be all right in my book. Looks don't mean everything, when I watch I show I watch to learn or out of shear boredom so who really cares who is doing the shooting, as long as I get to see some nice animals.

Brandon

Offline tomy salami

• Scout
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 04:40:33 PM »
Yeah, I bet she is a Pro Staffer.

How else could a bug eyed boot like that get that job? She sold it alright.

Offline bow4elk

• Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
  • Frontiersman
  • Contact me at: tom@pnwbowhunting.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/pacific.northwest.bowhunting/
    • Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »
IMO - that was a poor shot execution...she was more concerned about the camera rolling than focusing on her shooting.  Yeah, I'm being judgemental.  She and NAHC have an obligation to portray ethical hunting, and that was NOT.  That bear never stood still, and taking shots on moving game is just stupid and disrespectful.  And to put that crap on TV?  That was pathetic.

Gut shots and excitement don't go together in my hunting camps.

Marketing hunting has become hired pretty faces.  I quit watching all the shows.  They are ads, ads, and more ads, then Tiffany talking about all the bucks she let walk that day (all over 130", no less).  That's not real hunting and nobody should be duped into thinking it is.

:twocents: :twocents: (yeah, I probably gave a bit more than 2 cents)
Official Measurer: Pope and Young Club, NW Big Game Inc., National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, Oregon Shed Hunters
First Hunt Foundation mentor
Washington State R3 Coordinator

Pacific Northwest Bowhunting http://www.pnwbowhunting.com

Offline runamuk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2009, 02:49:40 PM »
IMO - that was a poor shot execution...she was more concerned about the camera rolling than focusing on her shooting.  Yeah, I'm being judgemental.  She and NAHC have an obligation to portray ethical hunting, and that was NOT.  That bear never stood still, and taking shots on moving game is just stupid and disrespectful.  And to put that crap on TV?  That was pathetic.

Gut shots and excitement don't go together in my hunting camps.

Marketing hunting has become hired pretty faces.  I quit watching all the shows.  They are ads, ads, and more ads, then Tiffany talking about all the bucks she let walk that day (all over 130", no less).  That's not real hunting and nobody should be duped into thinking it is.

:twocents: :twocents: (yeah, I probably gave a bit more than 2 cents)

I pretty much agree.....and I was originally pointing out that if I guy had done that no one would have cut him slack so why were they making excuses for her  :dunno: :dunno: oh yeah it all goes back to boobs  :chuckle: :chuckle:

I wish hunting shows were more about ethics and skill and less about oh yippee I killed a trophy.....but the world is not run according to Runamuk :rolleyes: :P

Offline TheHunt

• Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
Click the link below...  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsZ-oUppV9Y&feature=player_embedded#

Use the pause and play to go over the video.  It is marginal but not a total colon blow...  
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:41:05 PM by TheHunt »
275 down 2

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]