collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: OUT OF CONTROL WOLVES Pack IN WA! 12/06/09  (Read 28287 times)

Offline MichaelJ

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
    • www.facebook.com/hellscanyonarmory
Re: OUT OF CONTROL WOLVES Pack IN WA! 12/06/09
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2009, 11:51:36 AM »
hunters go out and drop their deer hides. it looks like they were dragging one around. That definitely wasn't the kill site of a deer. They were milling around that area. It might be a WDFW feeding station for them too :chuckle:

:iamwithstupid:

I thought the WDFW were expecting the Ranchers to supply the "feeding stations"..... you know the mobile ones with four legs that go "Mooo"?   :P :bdid:
Hells Canyon Armory Custom Rifles
https://www.facebook.com/HellsCanyonArmory/
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
They are feeding them still up Alder, right past the whites.   

Offline denali

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/bret.greene
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 12:00:17 PM »
Big game animals scarce in once-popular hunting district along Gallatin River

not trying to hijack thread but this article is troubling.  (dated Dec. 4)

http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_468faeb8-e06b-11de-a34e-001cc4c002e0.html

Honesty is the best policy,  but insanity is a better defense.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »
Great info. Denali, without the wolf big game herds would do fine, with wolves the whole country will be writing the same story before long.

twisp_river_slayer

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 12:46:47 PM »
Wolves are now 2 miles from 80 cattles.
Not good sign!

Mulehunter 
[/quote]

Yeah that's not good but the rancher who ran cows up Libby didn't loose any of his bulls, cows or calf's. And the wolves did spend all summer there. Do wolves only eat cows during certain times of the year? :chuckle: They must have been too busy killing all the deer and all the other woodland creatures that are going to disappear because of the wolves. The golden doe cow is the only instance i can think of but it seems easy to cry wolf now that the public has an excuse too.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »
Not good sign!

Mulehunter  

Yeah that's not good but the rancher who ran cows up Libby didn't loose any of his bulls, cows or calf's. And the wolves did spend all summer there. Do wolves only eat cows during certain times of the year? :chuckle: They must have been too busy killing all the deer and all the other woodland creatures that are going to disappear because of the wolves. The golden doe cow is the only instance i can think of but it seems easy to cry wolf now that the public has an excuse too.
[/quote]

An excuse, you have to be joking, or maybe you went to fitkin wolf biologists school and thats the problem? How do you know the ranchers didn't lose any more to wolves this summer, did you forget about the cow up Hornet Draw?  Do you really think that people are going to call fulla----fitkin when they have wolf problems. Wolves will kill whats easy, and one of these days fitkin won't be able to lie his way out of stock killings by the wolves. Or maybe our red legged wolves don't eat cows. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:46:08 PM by wolfbait »

Offline Grizzly95

• Sourdough
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »
I heard Gregoire trained them all to be tree huggin vegans  :chuckle:
"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2009, 04:55:09 PM »
These wolves haven't been hunted for 14+ years, they have been treated to a free meal. My guess is we have Idaho or Montana wolves that need to go somewhere, some went to Washington and some went to Oregon. The ones that were put in the Methow Valley will soon be running out of the free meal deer herd and like Idaho and Montana they will start eating livestock. Okanogan County has always been a county that sticks up for their rights. We will be shooting wolves when the time comes that our livestock starts getting hammered. Count on it!!!

twisp_river_slayer

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2009, 05:15:09 PM »
OK pump the brakes wolfbait. The cow that was up hornet's draw I set cameras over, so yes I do remember that cow. As for the rancher i talked to him myself seeing as he lives just up the road from me. He never had to call Fitkin because the wolves didn't touch his stock. So what's easier to kill? A full grown range cow or a calf? Both animals that have been found dead were both mature full grown cows. You sure would think with all those calfs up Libby Creek that one of those blood thirsty killing machines would have knocked a couple off just for fun. :P Or they might have wanted to kill all the deer off first... that sounds more like our idaho wolves!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:10:53 PM by twisp_river_slayer »

Offline NWWABOWHNTR

• Sourdough
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2009, 07:59:22 PM »
Not saying this is wolf tracks,  but they were too big for coyote and too far from any road to be a dog IMHO (well over 6 miles as a the crow flies from any house,  and approx 2 miles from any FS road.  I will say that it is not in an area currently having a "confirmed" pack.  Bone,  do these look familiar?  That is a hint of where I saw them during the late archery elk season.  Sorry for the bad pictures but just a cheap point and shoot camera with an amature at the controls. 
"Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline MichaelJ

• Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »
Not good sign!

Mulehunter 

An excuse, you have to be joking, or maybe you went to fitkin wolf biologists school and thats the problem? How do you know the ranchers didn't lose any more to wolves this summer, did you forget about the cow up Hornet Draw?  Do you really think that people are going to call fulla----fitkin when they have wolf problems. Wolves will kill whats easy, and one of these days fitkin won't be able to lie his way out of stock killings by the wolves. Or maybe our red legged wolves don't eat cows. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I just think everybody who reads a new post of yours about wolves just begins to roll their eyes and are stirring the pot as they get enjoyment outta how fired up you get!  I know I do! You've restated your opinions on this argument God knows how many times...  Just post your signature on a wolf thread and we should be able to guess what you would say...

Michael
HCARifles@gmail.com

Offline mulehunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »

I just think everybody who reads a new post of yours about wolves just begins to roll their eyes and are stirring the pot as they get enjoyment outta how fired up you get!  I know I do! You've restated your opinions on this argument God knows how many times...  Just post your signature on a wolf thread and we should be able to guess what you would say...

Michael
[/quote]

Michael,  Yea I know how you feel, I am not threw a Wolf thread to cause a problem. I am here to post what I found and some people would like to hear about it. It getting old everytime. I understand and also good to keep history put together and wolf tracker where last place and what next place and how many to keep everyone posted to know where they travel.
I am not asking anyone to cause problem on my thread. I just wanted to enjoy and share neat pics.
Have great Winter hunting!

Mulehunter  :rolleyes:

Offline MichaelJ

• Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »

Michael

Michael,  Yea I know how you feel, I am not threw a Wolf thread to cause a problem. I am here to post what I found and some people would like to hear about it. It getting old everytime. I understand and also good to keep history put together and wolf tracker where last place and what next place and how many to keep everyone posted to know where they travel.
I am not asking anyone to cause problem on my thread. I just wanted to enjoy and share neat pics.
Have great Winter hunting!

Mulehunter  :rolleyes:
[/quote]

MuleHunter, my post wasn't posted in regards to you.  You actually post pictures and everytime you post its sort of a "current events" type deal with the wolves.  I enjoy your pics don't let me discourage you...

Michael
HCARifles@gmail.com

twisp_river_slayer

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
don't get the wrong impression mulehunter. Your one of the only guys who consistently posts pictures or actual usefull information about the wolves. Other guys like wolfbait just blow hot steam and never back up anything they say. Keep up the good work :) Your an asset to this site when it comes to local information

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 04:00:02 AM »
Not good sign!

Mulehunter 

[/quote]

I guess the calf that the Golden doe cow had the day before the doesn't count,eh?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]