collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: I feel that the State Record "Steelhead" Will be caught this Year!!  (Read 17546 times)

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
I cant hunt very well but I will Rip some Lips....Wet side!  Just wanting to see the Monster Steelie Pics!! The next State Record Steelhead is going to be Caught this year...is it going to be you?  I seen a 4' steelhead at the Tailout of a certain Rif on a Certain River yesterday, could'nt get it to take anything!!~!!  I am not joking The Steelhead was 4' Long (MAYBE 5')  I think it was a 40+lb fish!!  I dont do Drugs and I did'nt even have a Drink.....been fishing my hole life and I am telling you it was That BIG!!!  I have caught many,many,many Steelhead in my time (41yrs)  Hands Down the Biggest Steelhead I'v Ever Ever Seen!!  :dunno:  I will tell you guys because this Hunting Washington.com Is the BEST!!  AND You guys are Awsome!!  N.F. Lewis River!!  If I'm lying I'm Dieing!!!  The Record is in there AND HE IS A HOGGGGGGGG!!!  40lbs maybe 50lbs   GO hang that fish for the books.  I swear I could not sleep last night over seeing this fish
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

Offline tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: I feel that the State Record "Steelhead" Will be caught this Year!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »
In the last few days I've heard of a 250 pound cougar and now a 40-50 pound steelhead on here. That would beat the state record by like 10 pounds. If you catch it take some measurements and release it. Good luck with that.

Offline SkookumHntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
-It was probably a winter king on that river, wrong time of the year for the monster metelheads right now on that system. :twocents: or even a tiger muskie if it was that long, there in there!
IBEW89 RMEF MDF CCA

Offline Hangfire

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
That's a very big fish.  They all ways look larger in the water.

Are you sure it was a steelhead.  The largest winter fish are normally later returning fish, March or so. The largest summers are the B run in the snake.  They do stray of course.  There are still some salmon in the rivers.

A 40 pound steelhead would be about a 10% increase over the current  record for either winter or summer run.

Offline MuleySniper

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:14:22 PM »
You down south? Nates already showing up?  Im thinking winter king also. :dunno: That would be a big metalhead. I have a pic of an oinker that an Indian had netted from an un named river from last year. True to God 37 pounds. It is a beast of a fish.
MS
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline Dadbear

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 08:16:53 PM »
I agree with Hangfire... more than likely a salmon. But that would be an impressive steelhead.

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:43 PM »
After hearing what was said!  Does anyone know what the State Record is?  I know what the State record is....i seen the time before the last state record fish with my own EYES!!  It was in the Trunk of a 1976 Datsun It was Caught from a very good friend of mine Mr. Gooidwin; You really dont have to belive me.  Last year I hooked 2 Steelhead in the Lewis River that pushed 30lbs....Lost them!  There was a Sled that one of the Hogs Slammed the side of his Boat and he Yeld!!!  OMG!!  That thing was HUGE~!!  This is No fish Story!!  I Know what I saw!!  This is going into the PEET PEEV Tread.....I'm telling you guys that it at the least was 4' long.  Thats on the short side.  I Know the Dif. From  Salmon/Steelhead/Carp....I KNOW MY FISH!!  It reallly sucks not to have any proof or a pic...I had a feeling this was going to be the case....I am going in the Morning and bring that DAMN FISH to Hunt-Washington Just so I dont look Stupid!! P.S. There are No DAMN SALMON IN THE N.F. LEWIS that are any other color then BLK!!!!!  Man you  guys
The wife said if I go hunting 1 more time, she's going 2 leave me!!  Gosh I'm gonna miss her.

Offline 1bowhunter1

• WORK?
  • Longhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
P.S. Muskys in the N.F.  LMAO!!!  Ya RIGHT  Never in a million years

Offline tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »
That would suck if you hook that thing and a Muskie takes it  :chuckle: I'm sure you saw something big, but when you talk about a steelhead pushing 48 inches I get a little skeptical. Go get it and prove me wrong. At least your fishing, something I need to do! I think the Winter record was caught on the Hoh last year by a fly fisherman. He bonked it  :bash:
I may be wrong but it was 33 plus. The Summer record is still 35. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline WDFW Hates ME!!!

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 09:27:48 PM »
There are right chinook in the NFL right now... BElieve me... And the biggest steel head i have ever seen was in the kalama... I do not believe there is a 40 pound steelhead out there. If that fish was 40 inches long i would guess early winter chinook...
*censored* happens when you party naked!!!

IBEW Local 125

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
I saw a 6-foot steelhead in the skookumchuck last night.... :chuckle:

Offline squeeze2drop

• Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »
i heard there was a marlin caught in dog lake last week, same guy caught a halibut in the I-82 ponds  :chuckle:

Offline tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Remember the Barracuda caught in the Green?

Offline squeeze2drop

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 10:41:19 PM »
Lol

Offline hawk eyes

• Tracker
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 11:12:39 PM »
the biggest steelie i ever saw was trying to take the boat down so i threw a propane bottle in his mouth and shot it with a gun, :fishin:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal