collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WDFW Hired USFWS FULL TIME UNDER SUVALLIANCE IN OKANAGON COUNTY  (Read 3440 times)

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
WDFW Hired USFWS FULL TIME UNDER SUVALLIANCE IN OKANAGON COUNTY
« on: January 18, 2010, 07:52:28 PM »
Heard they have suvalliance from Sateillte watching Wolves up Close over Mt McClurre Mt?  :dunno: Could they afford expensive REAL-TIME Camera over stupid Wolves ???

Mulehunter  :rolleyes:

Offline ABugg

• Tracker
Re: WDFW Hired USFWS FULL TIME UNDER SUVALLIANCE IN OKANAGON COUNTY
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
Probably not.  I think the collars that are on the wolves simply transmit a signal via satellite.  Types like these are used all around the world to track animals.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
Probably not.  I think the collars that are on the wolves simply transmit a signal via satellite.  Types like these are used all around the world to track animals.

According to the little brains that are running the wolf show in the Methow Valley there aren't any wolf packs here with GPS collars, even though people have seen packs with at least one wolf wearing the GPS collars. The lookout pack has frequency collars, and of course they are the only pack of six or seven in the Valley. Amazing how fast six or seven wolves can slaughter the hell out of the deer.

Offline mountainman1

• Hunter
  • Sometimes we all have a bad day
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »
According to my surveillance crews in Okanogan County they use the same collars on the Lookout Pack as some use on their hounds. You need a receiver with antenna that receives a signal from the collared animal. The WDFW claims only one wolf pack in the Methow Valley until they can prove themselves by their means of trapping or sitings. Maybe they need some of the locals to do some trapping and collaring for them :chuckle:
 I am also hearing through surveillance that there are wolves on the Colville Indian Reservation, they are working the elk heard that is located on the eastern half of the Rez. :yike: More Wolves :yike:

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 11:42:09 AM »
Maybe the Tribe will go after the wolves now?  :dunno:

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »
Maybe the Tribe will go after the wolves now?  :dunno:

I have heard that parts of the Tribe are going to have a meeting in the woods concerning the wolves. :bfg:

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »
that is one thing that i am for, the tribes should shoot all of them on site "like there ansestors did" and shoot all the dam seals also. they are about the only ones who can with there own laws. i won't say more because it is the net.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »
According to my surveillance crews in Okanogan County they use the same collars on the Lookout Pack as some use on their hounds. You need a receiver with antenna that receives a signal from the collared animal. The WDFW claims only one wolf pack in the Methow Valley until they can prove themselves by their means of trapping or sitings. Maybe they need some of the locals to do some trapping and collaring for them :chuckle:
 I am also hearing through surveillance that there are wolves on the Colville Indian Reservation, they are working the elk heard that is located on the eastern half of the Rez. :yike: More Wolves :yike:

Great idea Mountainman, think maybe I will get one of those receivers and antenna and start tracking the lookout pack. Maybe you and I could get some good shots in, with the camera.  :yike: I have and Idea. I pm'd you

Offline mountainman1

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »
Wolfbait and I are going hunting,Fulla----Fitkin will be needing to watch his wolves a little more closely,hope he looses lots of sleep :bfg:

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 12:22:38 PM »
I've been surveying th Colville wolves myself.   Its curious that one of them has a bright red collar.  He must have picked it up in BC on his way down.  I had one of them surveying me for several hours last year and I didn't know it until I finally spotted him and he was gone.  I backtracked him for quite a distance.  I didn't see them/ sign of them this fall, but talked to a local who knew where they had moved to or where they were constantly being seen.  I asked him to shoot it for me if he saw it, he said no doubt he would. :)

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle:, At the wolf group meeting in Okanogan, the wolf people really didn't want to get into a discussion of how the tribe felt about the wolves chewing up their elk herd. To bad WDFW can't be honest with the people of Washington. I guess maybe they under estimated the number of folks that get out of the office and into the woods, and who have seen their collared wolves, they can only call BS  so many times.

Offline mountainman1

• Hunter
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »
 :dunno:I often wonder if these people who work in the WDFW really know who they work for :dunno: They work for you and I, the people who buy hunting and fishing license's and all the tags and punch cards that go with your license's. You would think with all of these eyes in the woods they the employees of the department would stop and talk to one of those people "Hunters" or a local in the woods, hey what have you seen of your meaning the hunters wolves? We have givin them the athority to protect and serve. They need to start doing the job we ask them to do. Come on out and talk to us wood ya  :dunno: :chuckle: :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]