collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2010 Martin Shadowcat *Updated 5-08-10* Replacement bow - Wrong Again!  (Read 29597 times)

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: 2010 Martin Shadowcat *Blown Limb and 1 lost GT arrow. TSC 4/15*
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 04:02:47 PM »
And it just keeps getting better and better.....

Martin contacted me via email on Wednesday to inform me my replacement bow was completed and being shipped on Thursday. They verified that it had the updated limbs, full camo with the cloaked cams, 70lb draw weight and 32" draw length. It shows up at the FW Wholesale Sports last Friday....I get a call from Ryan at WS and he informs me that 1. the limbs are not the updated limbs 2. when he pulled the bow back the cams started leaning by a significant amount. 3. It's at 29" draw 4. The strings installed improperly...upside down.

He calls Martin and they acknowledge that the wrong limbs were installed and say they'll send us the 'updated' limbs immediately, we should have them by Tuesday.

Ya seriously....fk'n amazing.  :bash:  My original order was placed in early February. 14 weeks, 2 different bows, 2 broken limbs, out of what is soon to be 4 different sets of limbs......  :bash:

I made a call myself to Martin after I got the news, the tech informed me the installer was given the wrong information.......apparently they don't have quality control because regardless of the order being wrong they didn't even send a bow that was setup properly.

The limbs are of the same dimensions but with a different code than my 70lb limbs. Considering the amount of cam lean I have to assume they are likely 60lb limbs. Imagine if it were at 32" draw lol. Ryan said its likely the bow would have failed immediately.

I don't know what else to say about this....... for all I know what we get on Tuesday might not even work properly. You would think that after all that has gone wrong the bow I would have received would have not only been assembled correctly with the correct parts, but also tested to ensure it would work properly.
RMEF

Offline garyltbh

• Hunter
when are you going to say enough is enough and get your money back and find a new bow i went from a martin cheetah to a mathews dxt and i am very very happy with my dxt and guess what no problems and it shoots great everytime and i can shoot it much much better thats just my  :twocents:

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Sourdough
when are you going to say enough is enough and get your money back and find a new bow i went from a martin cheetah to a mathews dxt and i am very very happy with my dxt and guess what no problems and it shoots great everytime and i can shoot it much much better thats just my  :twocents:

Read my mind, just decided I've had it. Sending both bows back and cancelling the delivery of the 4th set of limbs. Expecting full reimbursement as was offered to me prior by Martin. I expect they'll keep their word. I'll take necessary action if I'm not refunded 100%, I am hoping such wont be necessary.
RMEF

Offline Drifterat

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
Smart move.

Offline xXx Archery

• Longhunter
  • Site Sponsors
    • www.xxxarchery.com
wow ...sorry ...i would get a hoyt...
Co-Owner of xXx Archery and Maker of xXx G-Strings

Offline Button Nubbs

• "Fish CSI"
  • Frontiersman
Yea, what xxx said :D
Team nubby!

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
or pse
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Drifterat

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Scout
or Mathews...  ;)

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Sorry to hear that. Are they handling this on their dime? My bowtech cam failed on me over a week ago and they are trying to make me buy a new cam from them. If you go with a different bow manufacturer steer clear of Bowtech.

Offline garyltbh

• Hunter
i would go with what cory from xxx archery said hoyt or a pse they both make incredable bows i shoot a mathews but im not sure if they make a bow for giants you no 6ft 7in 32 in draw people im 5ft 4in 27in drawi hope you get taken care of buy martin good luck..

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Sourdough
Sorry to hear that. Are they handling this on their dime? My bowtech cam failed on me over a week ago and they are trying to make me buy a new cam from them. If you go with a different bow manufacturer steer clear of Bowtech.
Yup all of it without question. Their customer service is good, things seem to fall off after that though.  :(
RMEF

Offline haus

• Too Tall
  • Sourdough
i would go with what cory from xxx archery said hoyt or a pse they both make incredable bows i shoot a mathews but im not sure if they make a bow for giants you no 6ft 7in 32 in draw people im 5ft 4in 27in drawi hope you get taken care of buy martin good luck..
Money trails gotta flow back from Martin to GNW Archery before it gets to me.
Nothin but good things to say bout GNW Archery, Wholesale Sports in FW, and XXX Archery. All have been a big help and have answered a lot of my million questions  :chuckle:
Ryan n Larry at WS works on my bows exclusively. Only 1mile from my home so the locations quite convenient :)

Maxxis 35 w/ xt1000 limbs
Athens Exceed 300
PSE Vendetta XL

like yesterday...I'm so tired of not havin' a bow. Been 3mo now  :bash: Picking one of those this week.

WS only carries the Athens so  :dunno: as far as where I'll buy the bare bow. Have all of the necessary accessories now of course.

VXL or the Maxxis would look funneh with my arrows n quiver on them. Where the hell is the bow?  :chuckle:

All three bows will get the job done. Wish there would be a way to shoot all 3 side by side but I know that ain't gonna happen. There is a very different feel and draw to all 3. Just a matter of preference I suppose. Don't think I could go wrong with any of them.  :)   I'd have to mod the grip a bit on the VXL and the Exceed for my mitts the angles are just wrong for me, the Maxxis grip fits right for whatever reason.  :dunno:
RMEF

Offline xXx Archery

• Longhunter
  • Site Sponsors
    • www.xxxarchery.com
and the Hoyt contender 38.125 ATA 32.5" draw 308IBO
Co-Owner of xXx Archery and Maker of xXx G-Strings

Offline dreamingbig

• Frontiersman
wow ...sorry ...i would get a hoyt...