collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: good day 4 the tribe  (Read 98835 times)

Offline Coastal_native

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Serving up Colockumelk since 2010
Re: good day 4 the tribe
« Reply #465 on: December 06, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »
I don't even know why natives were allowed to hunt Sasquatches...they were introduced after the treaties were signed.  I wish they would have hunted them with traditional methods.  

Colockumelk...you do realize we're going to develop a reputation for ruining serious threads with our sarcasm and tomfoolery.

On a serious note, to engage Hohriverrunner...I admit I'm not familiar with the endeavors of the Hoh tribe.  They are one of several treaty signatories to the same treaty as my tribe, but we do not combined our harvest data with them or are they hunting with our tags or regulations.  I do know they have either policy or natural resource staff that deal with fish and wildlife (I only know that because I met one at a F&W conference).  They have a very small village and I know at least some of their members hunt in the same areas as the Quinaults.  They are probably hunting pretty aggressively right now because like other tribes over here they focus their efforts before and after the bulk of the state seasons, so I would not be surprised if to see hoh tribal members out hunting nor would I be surprised if I seen hoh tribal members with one or more elk in the back of a truck...just as I'm not surprised when I see two elk in the back of trucks all throughout the state seasons.

My thoughts...

"Do it in the woods"

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #466 on: December 06, 2010, 07:36:47 PM »
Coastal I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.  I would not expect any human to hunt sasquatch with traditional methods.  I mean sasquatch is pretty much the ultimate killing machine.  While I do have issues with how some tribes hunt elk I can not fault them for using machine guns to hunt sasquatch.  If I would have been lucky enough to draw a much coveted sasquatch tag before you people drove them to extinction I would have used a tank if I could have afforded one.  Just my   :twocents:.  You can take it or leave it. 
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline Coastal_native

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
  • Serving up Colockumelk since 2010
« Reply #467 on: December 06, 2010, 07:55:32 PM »
The Hoh rez is set to expand quite a bit soon--200+ acres they acquired plus 39 acres being turned over from Olympic National Park--all of which Congress approved.  So that was a good day for the tribe.    

I heard this too, but I wasn't sure what tribe it was.  I thought the justification of this was to move the village out of the Tsunami zone...not sure if that's credible info though.

Colockumelk,
Your last post was borderline inappropriate and I am no longer going to acknowledge you...starting now...and I'm not going to use an emoticon to imply that I'm joking either.
"Do it in the woods"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter