collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: turkey guillotine  (Read 6514 times)

Offline mossback91

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
Re: turkey guillotine
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 12:31:49 AM »

Probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. :whoo:

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »
Letter I sent to a Capt. for F&G:

"Wondering if you are familure with Archery equipment known as theTurkey Guillotine? If not, it is kinda like a broad head and you shoot it for turkey. Their is debate between meand a few guys on wether this is legal archery equipment. So is the Turkey Guillotine legal equipment in the state ofWashington?

Thanks,

Michelle N."

Response I received:

"Yes. The broadhead restrictions apply to big game only,not small game or birds."

Offline huntingnut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 09:34:24 AM »
Thanks Michelle, now if I can only get him to bring them to me and figure out how to sight them in it will be heads a flying. :IBCOOL:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:00:38 AM by huntingnut »

Offline Outfitter

• Sherman Creek Outfitters
  • Tracker
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »
We stopped letting our hunters use them this year. We have had to many lost turkeys. If they don't take there head off it won't kill them and when you throw the excitment of the turkey coming in ,not many hunters can make the shot.

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »
do they shot the same as field points? I was curious as how to sight them in.

i sighted them in just like i do every other broadhead...

and no they do not fly like a fieldpoint. they fly more like shooting a flu flu out of a recurve imo...but then again i am shooting them out of a recurve  :IBCOOL: NOW anyway sence i sold my compound lol

Offline huntingnut

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »
I was just curious if you shot them with blades in and at what. You would think that the blades would break if you shot them into a bag or block. Do they come with replacement blades to put in after sighting them in? I will probably just use my broadheads until I get more expeirence hunting turkeys but they look like fun.

Offline bankwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 06:27:45 PM »
I was just curious if you shot them with blades in and at what. You would think that the blades would break if you shot them into a bag or block. Do they come with replacement blades to put in after sighting them in? I will probably just use my broadheads until I get more expeirence hunting turkeys but they look like fun.

i just use one of the heads as a practice. they come in a pack of 3.

ive been shooting them into a hay bail, and it hasnt damaged them blades to much. one is bent though. its doing a number on the hay though  :IBCOOL:

they do fly alot better then i figured they would. but i have a feeling i wont be hunting with them. i'd much rather use a normal broadhead and just go for a bodie shot instead of head shots. sence im not really that accurate with them to be confident for head shots.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »
take what outfitter said to heart. thats good stuff. no sense at all in wounding turkeys...way too much risk there.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bankwalker

• Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 03:32:47 PM »
yeah thats the big reasoning behind me not wanting to use the turkey guillotine

they seemed like the perfect answer imo, but after shooting them i dont think ill be making those awesome headshots. a bodie shot seem aLOT better now

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal