collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2008 Youth Turkey Hunt  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2008 Youth Turkey Hunt
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 09:03:16 PM »
I saw some Turkeys while I was out driving around on Sunday afternoon. Three of them on private property.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »
i'll be outside pomeroy for the general season and hopefully will see lots of birds too. i did on easter weekend, hopefully they're still around.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Huntmossberg8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 11:53:39 PM »
We are trying to decide, if we want to go to Pomoroy, or coulville. we seem to do just as well either place. There is a lot of birds and land at both areas, little less people in pomoroy, in my opinion. But we do enjoy hunting near  coulville, kettle falls, and even down near keller ferry. We have been going to pomory for the past 3 years, and the 4 years prior to that we went to coulville, we like to mix it up a bit. ;)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:01 AM »
lots of snow in colville anywhere off of the valley floor for whatever thats worth. the turkeys are gobbling and strutting where they can get out of the snow.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline DeKuma

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 11:14:20 AM »
Got another 4-5 inches at our property up there!  Dad says it is melting fast though.  Supposed to be in the 60's for a few days.  He is starting to see some green on his property, but my end is uphill and still snowed in.
Hopefuly will be better by the opener............ :'(
- Scott

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »
:)  We'll all be turkey hunting in white camo if this keeps up!!!!!!!!
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Huntmossberg8

• Tracker
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »
I wouldn't mind hunting in the snow, give it a try. Openening day and that mid week i'll be in western washington, hunting before i go to school. Don't know about the weekend yet, but snow would be cool., or 60 degrees, i just hate the rain...lol 8)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal